10+ Year Old Account

Changing normal/heroic

1. Can someone who cleared for example BoT normal 10 man give access to the rest of the raid to heroic 25 man?
    2. Can you switch from normal <-> heroic on a per boss basis afterwards?

Thanks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    yes 10 chare

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi1337 View Post
    yes 10 chare
    Yes for which question?

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 03:54 AM ----------

So does anyone have a clue?

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 03:58 AM ----------

Just found http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965991458.
    Not looking good at all...

15+ Year Old Account
    He was saying yes to both. The thread you linked has nothing to do with your question. It is basically talking about all the current issues with the lockout system and how easy it is to accidentally get saved to the wrong raid id even if you're in the same group. For your question though, yes you can do heroic modes as long as someone in raid has completed the raid (not sure if they need to be leader or no) and yes you can switch back and forth between bosses, but be aware if you try to change people mid raid there's a good chance they wont be able to come back without issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    He was saying yes to both. The thread you linked has nothing to do with your question. It is basically talking about all the current issues with the lockout system and how easy it is to accidentally get saved to the wrong raid id even if you're in the same group. For your question though, yes you can do heroic modes as long as someone in raid has completed the raid (not sure if they need to be leader or no) and yes you can switch back and forth between bosses, but be aware if you try to change people mid raid there's a good chance they wont be able to come back without issues.
    This is from the linked thread. I assume you're reffering to these kind of issues.
    Swapping between heroic and normal modes also causes problems. If you kill heroic Omnitron on Tuesday then swap back to normal mode to kill Magmaw, and then back to heroic mode to kill heroic Chimaeron...anyone who was not there for both the Omnitron and Magmaw kills will not be able to zone in and will instead be saved to a different Heroic Raid lockout. This is also bugged even if you dont kill a heroic boss. You can take 4 people and make two raids with two each, have all 4 of them zone into a raid set on heroic difficulty (with no heroic bosses down) then have the 4 of them join into one raid and they can't zone in to the same heroic raid anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Just this week I tried to join a raid for heroic magmaw on my shaman, who had no saves in bwd at all. I entered the raid, which was on heroic, and it gave me the confirmation window to accept that I'd be saved (the group had killed reg omnotron already). I accepted it, but I didn't know everyone else in the raid was outside, and the RL had changed it to normal as I was zoning in. She switched it back to heroic, and they all went in, but I couldn't see them. When I went out and tried to get back in, it said I could no enter as I was saved to BWD heroic already :P. We tried many methods (switching with me inside, disbanding and me reinviting everyone (this led to them getting the message I was getting), resetting the raid) and nothing worked. I submitted a GM ticket, and they told me they were sorry this happened, and don't know why, but once I am saved they cannot undo it.

Deleted
    to answer your question moshic, yes you can, but if a boss is downed on heroic you get the old saved style, where just entering will get you saved, not downing a boss.

but if you wanted to do
    halfus heroic>valiona normal>ascendant normal>chogall heroic, this will be fine,
    as long as you are careful when inviting people after halfus that they do not enter at the wrong time, aka, if you are about to do valiona, change it to normal before they enter. or you will get one of the fuckups described above