Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    Sigh. I guess people always find something to complain about...
    So because i have a different opinion im not allowed to express it? You were confused by my previous post i clarified. There was no complaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Bro. He just made fan armor, it's not like its going to be implemented.

    Im aware of this, i can infact read. Im just stating what would be wrong with it if it was a set from blizzard like a majority of this thread thinks the OP should be working for. People would hate it for the reason i stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Ayifucius say: Squeaky wheel not alway get grease. Sometime, get booger in salad.

    /sagenod

  2. #162
    If I were to comment on the best part of your work, I would have to say the shoulders are fantastic without being crazy super huge, and the belts dont look like they have won the wwe world heavy weight championship.
    I would love to see what you could do with some of the other mobs/bosses

  3. #163
    These are nice, I've always thought that an Egyptian themed tier would be a lot of fun.

  4. #164
    I really like the leather one, that's a badass design.

  5. #165
    I'm sorry, but Blizzard's artists suck shit. I don't care how revered or whatnot they are WoW is one of the tackiest games I've ever seen.

    OP, your art does indeed look significantly better than any tier since probably BC, but on the other hand a blind man could out fashion Blizzard at this point.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    While I do like the sets and I think they look nice, this guy here is totally right. To everyone saying "Blizzard couldnt do near that well!", these ARE BLIZZARD ASSETS. Just peiced together to look like armor. If these were official armor sets, you would all say they look like crap. These are fairly close to Blizzard quality, but not quite. Not saying its a bad thing, they have a full design team of professionals.
    Pretty much this. OP, I love the sets, you did a really great job. Especially the plate looks awesome. But all the people saying "oh, he's better than Blizzard": You know damn well that if Blizzard released these exact same armor models, instead of them being fan made, you'd all go "WTF? Those are just the Uldum Bosses! Blizz is lazy!"

    PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

  7. #167
    Hmm i have a feeling that blizz will steal your work xD awesome job, especially on the leather one.

  8. #168
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!

  9. #169
    Amazing job. With less striking colours, those would be outstanding!

    It is far less complex than what Blizzard do, but it is much, much better. Good job!

  10. #170
    That cloth set would look incredible on a troll priest.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Arean View Post
    Pretty much this. OP, I love the sets, you did a really great job. Especially the plate looks awesome. But all the people saying "oh, he's better than Blizzard": You know damn well that if Blizzard released these exact same armor models, instead of them being fan made, you'd all go "WTF? Those are just the Uldum Bosses! Blizz is lazy!"
    Yeah, that's totally not a fanthing strawman at all.

    Seriously, this armor has proper color schemes, good variety, manages a simultaneous environmental AND class theme, looks like the intended armor class, etc. It's objectively better than the garbage Blizzard's monkeys keep spewing out.

    I don't really care if you think people do wail on Blizzard too much, their artists are shit, enjoy looking like an anthro'd up Fruit Roll Up with a WWE belt.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    first, i don't advocate for the cause of the hunter t12, nor the warrior t12, i think both are pretty terrible, the rogue t12 is very well done, and the people saying it's not flashy enough should recheck what class it's for, and at least the heads on the shoulders of the rogue set aren't just cut/paste of bosses from a heroic dungeon

    Signature by Kenz

  13. #173
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,278
    pwnage absolutly great

  14. #174
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,407
    Blizzard doesnt care what we think is nice, its all about milking the cow right now.

    Very nice armor sets though, like the style and yes, very weird they didnt do uldum themed armors, while they DID recryle ZA items .. lol/
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

  15. #175
    I would wear your leather set over the druid Tier 12 ("lol I has a stump on mah head") any day.

  16. #176
    the rogue t12 is very well done
    Detail devoid extremely bulky red/black sweat suit with GIGANTIC SEA-GREEN GEMS. Oh yeah, that's just amazingly tasteful. I swear to god it looks like a low budget Halloween costume.

    Anyone ever see that onion video mocking Fast & The Furious with a parody of a child writer? That's exactly what I think of with Blizzard's artists. They have the taste of a child when it comes to theming and colors.
    Last edited by Merin; 2011-05-24 at 07:02 AM.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    first, i don't advocate for the cause of the hunter t12, nor the warrior t12, i think both are pretty terrible, the rogue t12 is very well done, and the people saying it's not flashy enough should recheck what class it's for, and at least the heads on the shoulders of the rogue set aren't just cut/paste of bosses from a heroic dungeon
    Well, it's clearly a hawk motif, likely based off of the fire hawks present in the Firelands. I find it to be analogous to the OP using crocolisk heads.

    I'm also not trying to say that there's anything inherently wrong with any of those sets, and my personal preference isn't really relevant here. I was simply commenting that I don't think a reasonable complaint about the OP's work versus Blizzard's work is "Oh, yes, let's put heads on our heads and our shoulders, that's just great," which is the impression I got from the post I was replying to.

    Putting heads on our heads and shoulders is actually something Blizzard does often.

  18. #178
    Stood in the Fire Mojow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Behind u !
    Posts
    497
    indd go work at bliz
    WTB THAT

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well, it's clearly a hawk motif, likely based off of the fire hawks present in the Firelands. I find it to be analogous to the OP using crocolisk heads.

    I'm also not trying to say that there's anything inherently wrong with any of those sets, and my personal preference isn't really relevant here. I was simply commenting that I don't think a reasonable complaint about the OP's work versus Blizzard's work is "Oh, yes, let's put heads on our heads and our shoulders, that's just great," which is the impression I got from the post I was replying to.

    Putting heads on our heads and shoulders is actually something Blizzard does often.
    and most of those sets that did it were terrible, there's a good way to do it, and a bad way to do it, and these fanmade sets, are the bad way to do it, the rogue t12, is the good way to do it, the warrior t12, bad way to do it, hunter t12, REALLY bad way to do it

    Signature by Kenz

  20. #180
    anubis look on rogue, eagle look on hunter ftw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •