Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    is bcoz the last 1 is better ( hit more coz u got a sp/int proc)
    Thats not true because then you couldn't ever refresh your dots with a lower one (after a proc) until they were fully gone. I had this problem on sinestra last night, very annoying.
    "Its hard to tank!"
    "....Yeah, maybe in the first 5 seconds... if you don't have a hunter... or a rogue... or competent dps.... maybe...."

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Conjure refreshment now applies a debuff that does 30,000 shadow damage over 10 seconds to anyone, friend or foe, within 30 yards. "Vendor's Vengeance" is not dispellable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    you should never spam DP unless you're in pvp and your target is at 5% hp and you have nothing else up.

seriously talking about DP over mind flay? might wanna remember the reason we use mind flay, to proc shadow orbs and to reduce cd on shadowfiend.
    No. Reason we use Mind Flay is because we can't afford DP mana-wise.
    and ending a fight with full mana doesn't mean you failed the boss cause you could've used that mana for dps. that is totally ignorant. you'll most likely end with full mana because of sw:death execute spam.
    Read the topic.

oh okay, you speak for the entire community.

btw I heard spamming shiv in execute phase leads to really high dps. There, I said something really stupid and i'm willing to back it up insulting any nay sayers along the way.

Deleted
    Go do a Simulationcraft, tell me which spell has highest DPET and think a little, then come back and say that casting Mind Flay gives me more damage per executed time compared to DP. Why would Shiv spamming in execute phase increase my DPS? Shiv has lower DPET than Mutilate or Backstab. Your comparisons are terrible and so are you.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2011-05-27 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    oh okay, you speak for the entire community.
    No, but he speaks for the part of the community that actually knows what math is.

This is such a simple concept. I don't see how some of you aren't grasping it.
    First of all, being mana efficient is great. Unfortunately for your argument, we're only spamming Devouring Plague when it's mana efficient.
    Any mana left over in a fight could have been converted into damage, the goal of your role is to turn as much as that mana into damage as you can before the boss dies.
    Second of all, to those wondering why you would ever stop using Mind Flay, the easy answer is you don't. You weave DPs and Mind Flays to keep up Dark Evangalism/Orb/SW:Pain and DP in between. It's a DPS increase no matter how you paint it, unless you manage to fuck it up.

Just to clarify: DP has a higher DPET than Mind Flay, therefor it outdpses Mind Flay (granted you dont let the bonuses that Mind Flay provides drop) HOWEVER, DP is so incredibly mana inefficient that we can (under most circumstances) only afford to spam it during the last 25% or so without running OOM.

Why argue this? It's not that complicated.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I seriously fail to see where the problem is with having mana at the end of the fight if you are dpsing the whole time.
    You fail to see a problem with this because there is no problem with this. I end my encounters with plenty of mana. But still less than if I had spent my last 25% foolishly and not increased my usage of DP.
    There's no problem with having mana when a boss dies, there is however a problem with having more mana than you should have due to using it incorrectly.
    This type of argument isn't too far off from saying that it doesn't matter if you were spamming Searing Pain on your Warlock, because you were doing damage the whole encounter. Doing damage the whole encounter doesn't excuse ignoring more powerful spells when they're safely available to you.
    Last edited by Gnarwhale001; 2011-05-30 at 10:14 AM.