Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    once I started seeing names like Super Angeldevimegamon I figured the show was jumping the shark and stopped watching.

that was really early in the show...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    once I started seeing names like Super Angeldevimegamon I figured the show was jumping the shark and stopped watching.

that was really early in the show...
    meh, The names were retarted.. But most of the designs we're amazing! Apocalypmon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pokemon ever created.

To be honest, I think both Pokémon and Digimon are good series, for their own reasons. But Pokémon was more popular because it came earlier and had better marketing (being a part of Nintendo helps).

Also, the Digimon games are brilliant. They're not exactly epic, but they're pretty fun. I still play the first one on PS1 sometimes. Man, if that was remade... It would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing i found retarted was that every digimon's name ended with "mon" it was like a species of creatures named by Rastafarians.
    I can see it now
    "Hey mon, my Ganghimon just killed your Grassmon, Digimon's are awesome mon"

plus, they never had a video game that was like Pokemon. Pokemon was awesome because Red version was like nothing the gaming world had ever seen before. If Digimon inc. had come up with that idea of games, they would have been on top. cant imagine what Mon's would be coming out now.
    grasssfishdemonangelsharkbearmon, coming soon in Digimon Black and White

Quote Originally Posted by dnova03 View Post
    DEFlNETLY.The emperor was an always villain but he seemed So whiny.
    I'm not sure about that, From the moment they mentioned "A Dark Kid Emperor" was in the Digital World as well I figured that he was one of the DigiDestines. =/

Quote Originally Posted by warpstarcardia View Post
    I think the main thing was that each season of Digimon had a plot. Pokemon doesn't. I love Pokemon, but the anime is really just about a pretty terrible trainer trying to "catch 'em all" but he usually only catches 10 or so before they release another 150+
    Made me lol its true though. I guess its like you said pokemon released their games and cards etc alrdy and it was hard for digimon to catch up to that.

The seasons aswell, i watched it as a kid and thought it was kinda silly how in the 2nd season all of a sudden there was this new digivolving way etc and new ppl, i didn't really watch the entire 2nd season anymore even :/

I enjoyed the anime for Digimon more then pokemon when I was younger. But I played the pokemon games a lot, and I still give the new games a chance. I really loved the first two seasons, third season was kind eh for me, and I enjoyed the fourth season for being a little weird (the development between Koji and Kouichi was brilliant.) I stopped watching it after that.

I'll still go back every few months or so, and watch a season of digimon. But all good things must die, and that's what's happening to it.