Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I get the impression your hunter told you that because he doesn't want to do the adds himself - which he could with relative ease. Have him get a turtle pet and the MD glyph, have him put his pet wherever you want the adds to die and use pet's CDs and an occasional heal to keep the turtle up. He can switch pets in transition to phase 2.
    I'm not saying, this strategy doesn't work but for a guild just trying Nef the first time, I doubt this is recommendable.

edit: with your setup, you can try the strategy we used for our first kill. Have the DK spec Frost (which he probably is anyway) with Hungering Cold and bribe/force/beg your mage also to spec frost. DK picks up all adds and freezes them once they're in their spot, than the mage takes over with pet nova/Frost Nova/maybe Coldsnap Frostnova. DPS will suffer and the mage will probably cry a lot, but it works.
    Last edited by ChrisKoe; 2011-05-24 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzlin View Post

Our Pala heals Onyxia and Add Tank (=is a pala tank), the Shamy is healing the Nef Tank.
    I am healing also the Onyxia tank because of the adds our ony Tank needs two heals. but i have a groupheal specc so it#s hard for me to heal with flashheals because after them i am oom -.-
    I know it's been said but you should CC as many of the adds as you can if you're not stacking them up in phase 1. But that means that phase 3 is going to blow huge chunks for the add tank, and for the raid in terms of fire spreading. Personally, I'd say if you're needing to be bombing heals on the tank you might need to respec or something. I know our disc priest reforges for different fights- so might be something you look into.

Should have the hunter MD the adds to the DK and have him use cooldowns (and help w/trap and ring of frost) until they die. The further from the center the better for fire placement (in p3). Next to nefarion (on the outer edge) is a really good spot, if the DK times it right he can get them into one little clump just by stepping back.

We tried having the pet tank, and that worked- but on heroic when the hunter got MC'd the turtle went red to the healers and died. We also tried having me (pala tank) tank the adds and Nef- that worked well about 66% of the time. The rest of the time i got stomped by breath + adds + healer MC+ melee. And this was using cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzlin View Post
    we are now have a discussion about a kiter.
    Our RL will have a look on videos and guides abaout the kiting the adds - anybody an idea or video or guide for him?
    He is thinking ring of frost and frost trap is still enough and no kiter, only some spells.
    Could this be enough? or is it too difficult without a 3rd person?
    Could be enough. Though it seems chaotic. I've seen hunters do a good job of it in 10man. I've seen tank hybrid classes do a good job of it. If one person is enough to do the job and allows the others to concentrate on Nef and Ony, why the hassle to concern practically everyone with the add handling? Not saying you can't do it the way you want to, but it's more on the chaotic side and stuff may go wrong.

P1 isn't so dangerous however. P3 is where you need the decent add tank with reliable shadow flame timers. P1 is still a walk in the park.