Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

End of World Prediction Changed...

Sigh, once again Mr Camping blames a mathematical error on his world ending date.

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/article...ntid=157774718

Extract from the article:

"California preacher Harold Camping has said his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months because Judgment Day will actually come on October 21.
    Mr Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven on Saturday before the Earth was destroyed, said he felt so terrible when his doomsday prediction did not come true that he left home and took refuge in a motel with his wife. But Mr Camping said he has now realised the apocalypse will come five months after May 21, the original date he predicted. He had earlier said October 21 was when the globe would be consumed by a fireball."

So do you also think he just says that to take the heat of himself for a while? /Sigh

Its obviously like he said, a miscalculation. I'm sure he's right this time.

If the world goes boom .. Can I have all yer goldz?

Ow well .. the final hours of this planet are counting the whole year and every year that has passed .. it goes when it goes But I think this planet will outlive us humans.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I can see how easy it would be to get May confused with October.

><
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Why are people talking about this like there's no tomorrow???

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbaby View Post
    Why are people talking about this like there's no tomorrow???
    I see what you did there
    +1
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Yes, I can see how easy it would be to get May confused with October.

><
    Hey now, let's see you try and make up some numbers out of the bible (based on anything really, as long as it's from the bible) and then configure them in a way that makes a relevant date without some error.

smartypants

Third time's a charm? 1994 came and went, may 21, 2011 came and went. What's next? 2024?
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    4th time is the charm...

Deleted
    in other words, its going to take him 5 months to liquidate all assets and shift the cash into some anonymous Swiss bank account, and then he will vanish with his closest followers, the rest stating he was simple raptured.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Its obviously like he said, a miscalculation. I'm sure he's right this time.
    Haha, I like this.
    -Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street is the Lead Systems Designer for World of Warcraft and once killed a dinosaur with a spreadsheet.

He probably fled his home for a hotel like a little bitch because he needed to think of a way to get out of this mess he created. Which is why we have this "May, I mean, October!" thing. 'Cause I know I ALWAYS confuse May with October when the end of the world is the subject matter and several others are hanging on my word.

wait, he sad that he was wrong?
    so he WANTS the world to end?

Deleted
    It seems we better get ready to hear another miscalculation report in October, folks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    wait, he sad that he was wrong?
    so he WANTS the world to end?
    ofcourse he does otherwise he looks like a twat.... oh wai...

*sigh*....

When will people wake up, and realise what this guy is doing? He is an old man, who is attempting to build himself a reputation that'll make him rich and powerful before his death. It is pathetic that grown adults are able to fall for such stupid and basic scams, simply by sticking the words God, Jesus & Bible in their somewhere.

I'm in no way critical of peoples belief of Christianity, although I am atheist myself. I just find it absolutely absurd that people are surprised this moron was wrong. It really makes me mad... *Heavy panting*

lol, I love how he says miscalculation. Is he trying to solve an upper level differential equation?

Even the universe will come to an end some day...

But stupidity is forever.

could atleast be smart enuff to place it after his own death