Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    I guess predicting the end of the world is kinda like weather forecasting. Even if your calculations were wrong, it will rain soon anyway.

Except this is more like predicting hell will freeze over.
    Hell freezes over every year in the winter. There is a Hell in Michigan, as well as another state, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Nop I haven't ... France always managed to win the wars ...

Edit: well, you know, kinda.

Is he actually profiting off all this or is it just an assumption? Like i read some articles that said he spent his life savings advertising this previous rapture estimate. I'm rather spiritual so I can empathize with someone feeling so strongly about their beliefs, I don't know if I should be angry that he's scamming people or sorry for him that he's putting his faith too strongly into something he's not supposed to know. o.O I'll get all up in arms though if I find proof he's just ripping people off right and left. :<

"so you made a miscalculation Mr Mad Preacher, it's not the end of the world!" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, if the guy really could predict things, would he predict with 5 months off?

Seriously, why do people even interview him?

Deleted
    5 months from now he'll claim it was bad maths due to the donated calculator running out of batterys!

May was merely a setback. Do you honestly think October is not going be another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspode View Post
    Even the universe will come to an end some day...

But stupidity is forever.
    I just fell in love with your reply. Just great

It seems people hate this world so much that they all want heaven or hell or a spaceship. Madmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    No no no... the world will not end then either... because enough ppl will have said their prayers and ask the Lord Almighty to spare us. It is just funny how this guy has earned tons of money by "donations" or selling his book. Also a lot of these "preachers" are just swimming in money, yet their faithful followers don't see the obvious scam happening right before their eyes. Meh I guess ignorance is bliss^2 in these cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    May 21st was merely a setback!

this guy should ethier go to jail or get killed, his bullshit "prophecy" caused people to kill themselfs while he just collects their donation money.

Deleted
    Now, this guy is a liar who made hundreds of millions of dollars on the back of people who were stupid enough to believe him. The apocalypse will certainly come, but it will not come when a fake prophet wants it to, it will come when God will think it's time.

There are also many interpretations that can be given to the term apocalypse, and it is not certain whether or not the Earth will be destroyed or simply revitalized. The people who believe in the Rapture theory, or whatever Mr Camping's theory is called, definitely have never read the Bible and know nothing about the Apocalypse and the signs that will announce its arrival.

There have been many people who have predicted The apocalypse over the last centuries, yet none of them was right and Mr Camping isn't an exception. All he says is lies and misinterpretations. I believe he deserves no respect and he should be treated like the big joke he is.

As long as someone is stupid enough , someone will buy it.

Don't blame the old man, blame the human stupidity.

Deleted
    It makes sense, God decided to postpone the Rapture because the new Amorphis album is not out yet.

Deleted
    Everything is a theory until it is proven; then it becomes fact.

I'll stick with the Mayan theory, the Mayen calender will end in December 2012 and earth as we know it will cease to exist.

Anyone believing another human being telling them the world will end on X date is more of a moron than the person making the claim.

If you believe the Mayen theory feel free to send me all your money (only morons need apply).

But I guess most of you playing wow December 2012 won't notice much difference if the world did end, some would say your world ended long before

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    in other words, its going to take him 5 months to liquidate all assets and shift the cash into some anonymous Swiss bank account, and then he will vanish with his closest followers, the rest stating he was simple raptured.
    Wait .. what? did he get money out of it?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I'm sure after this prediction he'll say he "miscalculated" again. I don't know how people are stupid enough to actually believe he's right, especially when he has no evidence to back it up other than "I looked at some dates in the bible, and made an equation. Herp derp."
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

It didn't "change" really, he said that his predictions for the rapture were off and that the world would still be destroyed in October. For those of you hearing from his predictions through friends or Fox, he didn't say the end of the world was May 21st, he said it was the rapture.

So in case you don't follow, he says he doesn't know the rapture date because he was wrong in his calculations about it, but says that the world will still end in October (what he said before).

Not that I believe any of it.

Oh, and funny thing, Blizzcon tickets went on sale May 21st, first day of Blizzcon is October 21st.

I really don't see him as anything other than a scam artist. People who know him say he isn't or w/e, but really, it's that or he's senile. He says he believes in the bible, but the bible says something like "Neither man, nor any of the angels, or the Son himself will know the day nor the hour." meaning that not even Jesus would know when the rapture would be. From a "practical" point of view, that is, if you were god and wanted to judge people fairly, you wouldn't tell them when judgement day was. That would corrupt the judgements because people would live however they wanted and then become "good" before judgement day.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2011-05-24 at 04:40 PM.

Fixed for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    It makes sense, God decided to postpone the Rapture because patch 4.2 is not out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Can we just call this guy a cult leader and have him a rested for firond?

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    As long as someone is stupid enough , someone will buy it.

Don't blame the old man, blame the human stupidity.

Yes, but how many exactly believed in him?

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Is he actually profiting off all this or is it just an assumption? Like i read some articles that said he spent his life savings advertising this previous rapture estimate. I'm rather spiritual so I can empathize with someone feeling so strongly about their beliefs, I don't know if I should be angry that he's scamming people or sorry for him that he's putting his faith too strongly into something he's not supposed to know. o.O I'll get all up in arms though if I find proof he's just ripping people off right and left. :<
    From what I heard on the radio he's made about $28 million in the past 4 months and over $100 million over the past year. He's just making money off of people who could have saved a lot of money if they saw a sign like this one.