Thread: Tiny cable help

Tiny cable help

Edit: Solved!
    -------------------
    Relevant parts:
    Ace Ecco 420 (Black)
    ASUS P8P67

So I've got a new computer. Specifically the case arrived today, so now I can finally assemble it in its real home.
    Everything's fine and all, but we've got two cables for the case's front. Or rather the USB and audio-inputs existing there.

We're struggling to find a match on the motherboard.
    Do anyone know how to fix it? :<

I can't really explain the cables well, nor can I attach a photo.
    The mobo's immediately obvious connections looks like this:
    ooooo
    oooo_

...while the cables we're looking at look like:
    ooooo
    ooo_o

..so... anyone know how to proceed? >.<
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-05-25 at 07:50 AM.

Not all motherboards have inputs for case USB/audio inputs

Deleted
    You need to attach the photo srsly...

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be your FRONT PANNEL AUDIO (#18 in your Manual in section 1.3.1 for the ASUS p8p67 MOBO Rev 3 board)

Located near the bottom left of the board. just under the PCI #3 socket

If the jumpers dont match your quite likely trying to connect them in the wrong place, google your motherboard; looking for detailed technical manuals, ASUS surely has them on their website. The manual should have a detailed layout of your motherboard labeling all the jumper connections including USB/HDAUDIO.

Look at the bottom corner by the USB jumpers. It might be right there.

If it's the front panel audio, you need the AAFP connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If it's the front panel audio, you need the AAFP connector.
    Yeah, front panel audio. ...but what's an AAFP connector? e.e

EDIT: I'd located the connector shortly after my first post. However, there was only one. That kinda confused me. My mobo's manual suggests I only need to input one of the two however, so... eh. Give it a bash. Nothing'll explode, right?
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-05-24 at 04:10 PM.

In my experience, Asus mobo connectors are labelled. Audio is far bottom left, underneath the PCI slots. USB is by the other front-panel connectors, i.e. power/hard drive lights, etc.

However, on the specific motherboard you listed, it oughta be right by the back-panel, right behind the audio 3.5mm inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Yeah, front panel audio. ...but what's an AAFP connector? e.e

EDIT: I'd located the connector shortly after my first post. However, there was only one. That kinda confused me. My mobo's manual suggests I only need to input one of the two however, so... eh. Give it a bash. Nothing'll explode, right?
    Jumper/Connector w/e :P
    The one with the AAFP label next to it, indeed at the lower left corner.

The worst thing that could happen is that you have the wrong cable connected.

Right. Computer's up and running smoothly. Well, at least it didn't explode. And it's running the same... rate, regardless of what I'm doing. o_o I think that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The worst thing that could happen is that you have the wrong cable connected.
    Not really an option with case cable blocks, they simply won't connect to the wrong jumper blocks on the mobo. Now, it is possible to crosswire the power and pc speaker jumper block if you're not paying attention since that's not a bulk cable block like the USB and panel audio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Relevant parts:
    Ace Ecco 420 (Black)
    ASUS P8P67

So I've got a new computer. Specifically the case arrived today, so now I can finally assemble it in its real home.
    Everything's fine and all, but we've got two cables for the case's front. Or rather the USB and audio-inputs existing there.

We're struggling to find a match on the motherboard.
    Do anyone know how to fix it? :<

I can't really explain the cables well, nor can I attach a photo.
    The mobo's immediately obvious connections looks like this:
    ooooo
    oooo_

...while the cables we're looking at look like:
    ooooo
    ooo_o

..so... anyone know how to proceed? >.<
    I would double check you MB manual, ASUS is really good at telling you all your pin outs.
    "In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcle/nevantus/

^ ^ v v < > < > B A select start