Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love how people think that all this nerfing is going to happen like, TOMORROW. It isnt happening until the new tier is actually released... As well as the fact that its somehow making the game easier. Its not really, considering the real end game isnt touched. (IE t12)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    So Blizzard lose 600k subscribers, and says the playerbase is clearing the content to quickly and because of that they want to release more content.
    What happens?
    They nerf the content.

Contradiction, Blizzard seriously? This is counter-productive
    Which part of getting more people to see and complete T11 content is hard for you to understand?
    I'm a crazy taco.

dunno, maybe I'm not angry enough to follow the norm but it seems to make sense to me. the Ulduar reference someone made previously was a perfect point. you reached a point in Wrath where Ulduar was completely skipped over and a lot of people didn't get to experience it (which is a shame because it was a great instance)

Why don't people QQ when an new expansion makes an old one obsolete.

oh wait, that still happens. Then they rerelease old content and people QQ that they are reusing.

it really must be fun to have a gripe with each and everything in a game.. that you pay for.. on a routine basis.

Quote Originally Posted by dzwiedz View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcysuEIqus

Last Azeroth Daily by TB, I think people should watch it and see his arguments.
    bye? It's his choice if he wants to leave, i think the reasons are a little harsh as this is not the first time old raid content has been nerfed but he's still free to do what he wants. It is his money/time.

Honestly people would still complain if we had multiple difficulty levels, i think its a great idea but people complained about the removal of the keyring.
    So yeah people would still complain that they cant do normal modes an its to hard, just like now with normal/heroics.

359 as a JP option is more then enough to cater to 'newcomers'
    A 20% flat nerf isnt the way to go.

This is good! All the wannabe elitists can move on to the new tier and all the not so fortunate people can press into the older tier to clear it. Good compromise and very interesting how they enable both play styles by doing this. Kudos blizzard!

TB left because of most of this... why Blizzard why? I actually had fun raiding with my guildies and wiping! WE would always joke about who did it and how. Since I was a healer they would blame me for being a valley girl and not making enough sandwiches for the group "tear" I miss those times :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    well looks like a lot of people were STILL too dumb to beat the bosses
    and since there's no new tier content anywhere close they try to make it more easy (and therefore more interesting) for twinks and dumb people.
    awesome.
    Yeah these nerfs apply during patch 4.2 so there will be new content for the players wanting progression, so the only dumb people (person) i see is you.

I'm amused by all the QQing about the nerf. It wasn't unexpected and seriously if you are running this still when Firelands is released then perhaps you NEEDED the nerf too. If you are complaining about needing a "challenge" Derp .... Normal = Fairly easy, Heroic = Harder challenge. Again you are doing it wrong if you are running normals for a challenge.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by trunkrollah View Post
    wow why all the t11 raids nerfed hard? the content will already be a joke with t12 gear
    If you are running t11 raids when you are in t12 content gear then that is your fault its a "joke" You should be running the content that is your play level not something "Easier" then QQ its easy when it was pretty much common knowledge it was going to be nerfed. Even Ghostcrawler said that one a couple months back. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowgGirly View Post
    TB left because of most of this... why Blizzard why? I actually had fun raiding with my guildies and wiping! WE would always joke about who did it and how. Since I was a healer they would blame me for being a valley girl and not making enough sandwiches for the group "tear" I miss those times :'(
    I don't see how wiping on a certain cockblock boss for weeks or even months is considered "fun".
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Update to the PTR Notes:

Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Just to clarify for those that have been asking, these changes only apply to Normal mode and not Heroic.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2011-05-24 at 11:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Myeah easy content is easy now
    perhaps they still want it to be played

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    So Blizzard lose 600k subscribers, and says the playerbase is clearing the content to quickly and because of that they want to release more content.
    What happens?
    They nerf the content.

Contradiction, Blizzard seriously? This is counter-productive
    Not really. I think the people "clearing content too quickly" was referring to everything in the game but raiding. Leveling was much faster than in past expansions and there was a lot less for level 85 players to do, if they were not raiding; Less dungeons and less rep grinds. Wrath at launch had the Kalu'ak and Oracles (or Frenzyheart), plus some small ones like Winterfin and Grizzly hills. All Cata had was Tol Barad and faction reps like Terazine or Wildhammer, which people could just slap a tabbard on for, sort of like Ebon Blade or Kirin Tor.

While the better players can sneer about easy modes all they want, I think the truth of the matter is that the bulk of Cataclysm's normal mode raid content was overtuned for the majority of the players, so with less quest and grinding content, as well as raids being too difficult, you ended up with a bunch of people being bored with nothing to do just weeks after Cata launched. Now that the tier 11 content is considered old by most raiders anyhow, toning it down so the more casual players can clear some of it, isn't going to hurt anything.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    bye? It's his choice if he wants to leave, i think the reasons are a little harsh as this is not the first time old raid content has been nerfed but he's still free to do what he wants. It is his money/time.
    IMO, if this made TB stop playing he was already looking for a reason to quit or had already decided to quit. Makes for a better final show if it's got some "drama" though. Frankly, while I've enjoyed his videos on YT, I usually disagreed with this elitist stance. I won't miss the shows much and have already unsubscribed.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCOPRA View Post

The only kind of hard boss is in t11 normal is Neferian. And even if you have a pug who knows what they are doing its even piece of cake to now this is like

Does not compute

The main problem i see as for them nerfing tier 11 raids is they have blatantly slapped most players in the face when they had told us they were not going to give away free tier gear which is pretty much what they are doing by nerfing them this much. I guess going in 2 healing normal modes in 10 man will be a cakewalk now

Propably a good idea to nerf them, making PuGs more viable for alot of people again.
    Doesen't matter to those who raid at a regular basis anyway, as they are (hopefully) ready to move on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Update to the PTR Notes:

Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Just to clarify for those that have been asking, these changes only apply to Normal mode and not Heroic.
    Funny how some of the notes mention normal mode only and some do not
    Last edited by Kuja; 2011-05-25 at 12:42 AM.

I am quite impressed with Blizzard and this patch so far. Seems like their strategy is a random nerf, look at the threads bought up about the nerf, and then change the right thing and revert the old nerfs. Worked with DKs, and now its working for Mage's SS and Spriests dispell protection

10+ Year Old Account
    The _double_ nerfing is what gets me. They said at Cata launch (or maybe even beforehand) that when a new tier comes along the old Valour Points you have become Justice Points and the old Valour Gear becomes Justice Gear. This alone makes the content easier for lazy players to get into (lazy players being the PUGs you sometimes see wanting a raid slot with 5 missing enchants and 4 empty gem sockets with 3 pieces of PvP gear and a wrong trinket because it's 346 with no food or flasks).

If you were motivated enough to want to do the content (but were maybe time-constrained), you'd spend 20 mins on Elitistjerks.com, quickly read up what you needed to do to make your character raid-ready and perform the reforging and gemming to do it (which can be done across several sessions of play), and then get into a raid when your free time allowed and perform the required dps/hps/tps (though tbh it'll usually be dps).