Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub View Post
    Question, with the launch of Firelands raids, will T11 raiding still yield Valorpoints and thus, with the nerf to normal mode would this be an cop-out to get capped for VP each week incase you are struggling hard on 4.2 raidbosses?
    I imagine it'll give JPs. In WOTLK they never upgraded the emblems in previous raids and Blizzard stated before that Valor Points would only be earned on the current tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    That's a pretty comprehensive list of nerfs... sort of nullifies the impact of having to have 12/12 to work on the legendary staff if they're gonna say 'ok anyone who's stuck on nef, he is now half asleep and the room is covered in foam padding' but whatever, it'll make alt nights less painful for me.

What I don't get is "Agility no longer gives a bonus to dodge for plate classes". How does that make any sense; being more agile makes you dodge. I really expect before long they'll merge agility and str into one stat 'red' that does whatever they want for each class. And you know what, at this point I wouldn't mind too much; my hunter's i'm leveling is kinda tired of looking at a loot list for a dungeon and seeing str neck str back str gun str sword agi back. Bring on the Red stat!
    Well yeah but with higher strength you can successfully parry an incoming blow. If a mage would try to parry with his dagger the weapon would ram right through him. Makes sense imo.

FML - Least it aint a 30% nerf i guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMEANAME View Post
    Or a 30% stat buff. Now that was lazy and lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMEANAME View Post
    are you serious its more like a 50% nerf. have you not read all the mechanics they have nerfed such as magmaw spawning no more adds so now it is a tank and spank that fight has basically been nerfed by 75% as the adds played a major role in that fight. as with all the other bosses they have taken away abilities or just nerfed the major abilities in addition to the 20% nerf so no its not a 20% nerf its much more even more than the icc nerf and this is somehow done to help new players? blizzard is just stupid if they think that this will help new players, oh look we cleared t11 in 2 weeks and we are now in full 359! then they go to firelands and cant kill anything because the previous tier was so easy that they didnt even have to pay attention and could just faceroll it. then firelands gets nerfed because new players cant do it and the cycle continues. why does blizzard never learn?

Deleted
    Nerfed content or no nerfed content, PuGs will still fail miserably on most of these fights (especially neff/alakir) so why worry.

This must be the single largest nerf in World of Warcraft history, just check the Nefarian Encounter.

I understand the nerf, to get more people to experience the content i really do. But i can guarentee you that with a proper 10 man group we could go in with 333 gear and 1 shot nefarian with this nerf. That is too big of a nerf in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    i don't know why every active WoW player is too stupid to read and understand my posts.
    first of all : i stopped playing WoW 14 month ago. i'm just here for the luls cause nerds like you go into rage-mode when someone criticizes your lovely MMORPG.

and yes. i'm more skilled and i'm better when i can beat a boss faster than you. i'm also better when i can run faster, i'm better when i can pick up more chicks, i'm better when i earn more money per month than you. that's how life works. i never said that i feel special because of that. i just say how it is. and if you suck at everything, then you should try to become better instead of waiting for other people to make it easier for you, dipshit. and if you don't want to be better (no matter if its a game or anything else) you gotta life with better people beating your ass instead of QQing cause people tell you the truth
    The fact that you have nothing better to do than posting on forums of a game you quit playing 14 months ago, and to piss people off (or try to), makes me wonder about your social skills and where you put priorities.
    Oh, have you seen how sports are organised? Let me tell you: they come in different leagues, so that everyone can play at their level, and have fun in what they do.
    You can take the analogy to WoW: there are different gradations of players, and everyone should be able to have fun in what they do.

Yes you are more skilled if you can down a boss faster,but am I not allowed to have fun too, because you are more skilled?

Inb4: no I am not a bad player who cannot beat current content. I just get pissed off by people who think they deserve more than others in a freaking game.

Deleted
    Easier Heroics finally, playing with low level players so I was waiting for this. Now we can really experience heroics..!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trunkrollah View Post
    wow why all the t11 raids nerfed hard? the content will already be a joke with t12 gear
    Uhm.. you probably wont see any t12 gear without having t11 already?

The only reason the elites are complaining is that they do not want casuals/bars/whatever to be allowed to raid. They feel raiding is only meant for them as it gives their 14+ hour gaming meaning in their pathetic real life.

Like many I don't have a consistent work schedule so it's impossible to commit to any real raid schedule. I've yet to join a pug that can down even one boss. These raids may be easy for a guild but it's not for pugs. They gave no raid (or even a wing/couple of bossess)in (even with carppy gear) for the bads/casuals.

All that did was make people quit (I'm sure a hefty portion of that 600k) if a HUGE portion of the player base is alienated from rading and guess what - they pay a lot of bills. Blizzz has to give them something or you won't have much content when they have to start laying offf designers. So get over yourself. It's old content WHY do you care?

Spellsteal now has a 6-second cooldown.

where is pvp balance? no thanks blizz, no more pay for this stupid cataclysm expansion. frost mages, warriors, dks atm........ time to stop everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyun View Post
    On my realm we´re already pugging 5 to 6 bosses on heroic mode.
    Come on. Bringing people from 3-6 different top-raiding-guilds does not count as "pugging." If you can find 10/25 completely random people from trade-channel and get a single Heroic boss to 50%, you should go spend all your money on lottery tickets ('cause you clearly has a guardian angel).

Anyway, I think the nerfs are a shame, and I'd like to go back to the days of "multi-tiered" raiding. In TBC, for example, Karazhan, or any other early-tier, never really went out of style. Despite some improvements in Wrath, we only had one raiding-tier at a time - the previous ones simply became obsolete. Why would you raid Ulduar when Coliseum had better gear?

IMO, the current tier should still be a challenge to newer raiders, while experienced should perhaps be apple to focus on Firelands, but occasionally visit them again.

Start of WotLK: Oh lol, TBC was too hard, let's make raiding easy. => Naxxramas 2.0
    Patch 3.1: Oh lol, Naxx was too easy, let's make raiding harder. => Ulduar
    Patch 3.2: Oh lol, Ulduar was too hard, let's make raiding easier. => ToC
    Patch 3.3: Oh lol, ToC was too easy, let's make raiding harder. => ICC
    Post-Patch 3.3: Oh lol, ICC was too hard, let's add player buffs up to 30%

Start of Cataclysm: Oh lol, WotLK was too easy, let's make raiding harder => BWD, BoT
    Patch 4.2: Oh lol, too hard, we're losing subscribers, let's trivialise the launch content.

And they've confirmed already that Firelands will be easier to do in T11 than launch content was in heroic blues.

It's a game of tennis between players Nerf and Buff.

Deleted
    i guess this is fine, who cares about an old tier anyways?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Draenors View Post
    Come on. Bringing people from 3-6 different top-raiding-guilds does not count as "pugging." If you can find 10/25 completely random people from trade-channel and get a single Heroic boss to 50%, you should go spend all your money on lottery tickets ('cause you clearly has a guardian angel).

Anyway, I think the nerfs are a shame, and I'd like to go back to the days of "multi-tiered" raiding. In TBC, for example, Karazhan, or any other early-tier, never really went out of style. Despite some improvements in Wrath, we only had one raiding-tier at a time - the previous ones simply became obsolete. Why would you raid Ulduar when Coliseum had better gear?

IMO, the current tier should still be a challenge to newer raiders, while experienced should perhaps be apple to focus on Firelands, but occasionally visit them again.
    I've joined countless PUGS and not one has downed a single normal boss. Maybe my server is terrible.

What they need is 3 tiers of difficulty.

Easy - lower ilevel drops - no achieves - no shifting up. Not super easy but PUGGABlE - maybe not even allow access to the last boss/wing

Then normal/heroic. They won't have to nerf cause us bads/casuals can have some raiding accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    Start of WotLK: Oh lol, TBC was too hard, let's make raiding easy. => Naxxramas 2.0
    Patch 3.1: Oh lol, Naxx was too easy, let's make raiding harder. => Ulduar
    Patch 3.2: Oh lol, Ulduar was too hard, let's make raiding easier. => ToC
    Patch 3.3: Oh lol, ToC was too easy, let's make raiding harder. => ICC
    Post-Patch 3.3: Oh lol, ICC was too hard, let's add player buffs up to 30%

Start of Cataclysm: Oh lol, WotLK was too easy, let's make raiding harder => BWD, BoT
    Patch 4.2: Oh lol, too hard, we're losing subscribers, let's trivialise the launch content.

And they've confirmed already that Firelands will be easier to do in T11 than launch content was in heroic blues.

It's a game of tennis between players Nerf and Buff.
    Yea, too bad that T12 content probably will be easier than T11. The only good thing I thought about cataclysm was the raiding difficulty and how it came back to being somewhat hard again. But everything else in Cataclysm failed though so I quit. Hopefully Firelands won't be that easy, otherwise it's fail.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

These changes are designed to support the dichotomy between preparatory and current content. This model is a good one as is the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Yea, too bad that T12 content probably will be easier than T11. The only good thing I thought about cataclysm was the raiding difficulty and how it came back to being somewhat hard again. But everything else in Cataclysm failed though so I quit. Hopefully Firelands won't be that easy, otherwise it's fail.
    My guess is that Firelands will be around the same absolute difficulty as T11 but offering better rewards (like ToC was to Ulduar). To hide this fact they nerf the current content to the ground and since there is the initial learning process it doesn't seem as easy as T11 is in the current gear.

/tinfoilhat

I imagine this is to help new players to gear up faster to be ready for firelands.
    Sure well be able to buy current valor gear with justice points, but there are still few slots that aren't covered and also, not all of those are ideal too.
    If they dont implemend new gear vendor (apart from what seemed like hyjal rep ones, and even those im not sure where does the rep comes from, i do hope its raid) then everything will be in place imho.
    Overall im glad they nerfing those, but i also think they everdid it too abit. Just few ability damage reduction would be enough, not nerf to everything and everything.
    Guess itll be like before 3.0 nerf came out aka in guild aplication ill only will be writing what was done before 4.2 :/