Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't know why I play this game any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    That's a pretty comprehensive list of nerfs... (...) anyone who's stuck on nef, he is now half asleep and the room is covered in foam padding'

(...)

What I don't get is "Agility no longer gives a bonus to dodge for plate classes". How does that make any sense; being more agile makes you dodge. (...)
    ^This; you are agile, but that won't help you dodge because ... because... eh... what logic are you applying here Blizzard?

.. and haha @ foam padding

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I'm sure it's for the same reason most people who ask that same question;

to complain.
    Last edited by nightmaric; 2011-05-25 at 12:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vardjavi View Post
    .. and haha @ foam padding
    In phase 2, instead of magma, Nefarian will now fill the room with McDonald's Playland balls...
    =D

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    Time to quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyun View Post
    On my realm we´re already pugging 5 to 6 bosses on heroic mode. Normal mode is already easy with these nerfs we´ll loose the fun and bad players will still fail at boss mechanics that need a half brain. Even now when i do icc on my alts i see ppl failing at LK normal mode .
    I call bullshit.

Bringing players from the top~5 guilds on the server then yes perhaps if you're on a good server, but it doesn't qualify as pugging. If you claim that you can get a random trade chat pug to down 5 to 6 bosses on heroic then you're either god or lying.

On my server, trade chat pugs cannot even kill 1 boss on normal mode, all they do is farm trash. We have a grand total of 5 guilds on the server who have done any other heroic modes than halfus, only 2 of those have cleared all heroic modes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perished View Post
    Blizzard is trying to avoid what they did in BC, which I somewhat liked. Remember? You couldnt do BT in Tier 4 lol. Guilds had to work their way up to the current content. What blizzard is doing here is they are just making that process easier for guilds that start after Firelands is released so they dont spend the next 5 months to get into Firelands, which [bold]by that time Firelands would be outdated[/bold].
    Outdated, only because Blizzard choose to define it so, by throwing easy epics at everyone through the VP/JP devaluation.

I don't mind them nerfing T11 instances, but I do mind making them redundant by throwing easy 359 or even higher ilvl epics to everyone. They should go back to the TBC model where you actually needed at least some of the gear from previous tiers before progressing to the next tier. I know they've been doing this since T7, but it is still a bad idea to say "It doesn't matter if you actually play the game or take a 12 months break, in either case you will still have the same gear 13 months from now.".

When they abandoned the progress principle, they also killed much of the in-game incentives for actually playing the game. And they are losing their subscribers through that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Outdated, only because Blizzard choose to define it so, by throwing easy epics at everyone through the VP/JP devaluation.

I don't mind them nerfing T11 instances, but I do mind making them redundant by throwing easy 359 or even higher ilvl epics to everyone. They should go back to the TBC model where you actually needed at least some of the gear from previous tiers before progressing to the next tier. I know they've been doing this since T7, but it is still a bad idea to say "It doesn't matter if you actually play the game or take a 12 months break, in either case you will still have the same gear 13 months from now.".

When they abandoned the progress principle, they also killed much of the in-game incentives for actually playing the game. And they are losing their subscribers through that.
    This I agree on, everyone should still have to go through the correct progression path with normal 5mans -> heroic 5mans -> T11 raids -> T12 raids -> (future) T13 raids etc etc. not just jump straight from heroic 5mans to current raiding tier because the 5mans give just as good gear as the previous tier.
    That's wrong in my opinion and it removes all incentive to ever go back to the previus raids to get gear. In WotLK, when totc came out, it completely killed ulduar since you got better gear just by doing 5mans than doing ulduar.

I'd much much much rather do old (nerfed) raiding content on my alts and even main instead of having to do these fucking 5mans every time a new raiding tier comes out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many 'pets' using the 'assist' ability... why not add mage clons to that list ?? They are so annoying (to control) if you aren't frost.

Not sure why everyone is complaining, it'll be old content when it gets nerfed in 4.2. I have a 85 hunter alt that I'm enjoying, I don't really want to grind through old content before I can try the new content.. A lot of people assume this is for the "crybabies" (the only people I see crying are people who have supposedly cleared the content already) but never stop to think that this is beneficial to alts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    This I agree on, everyone should still have to go through the correct progression path with normal 5mans -> heroic 5mans -> T11 raids -> T12 raids -> (future) T13 raids etc etc. not just jump straight from heroic 5mans to current raiding tier because the 5mans give just as good gear as the previous tier.
    That's wrong in my opinion and it removes all incentive to ever go back to the previus raids to get gear. In WotLK, when totc came out, it completely killed ulduar since you got better gear just by doing 5mans than doing ulduar.

I'd much much much rather do old (nerfed) raiding content on my alts and even main instead of having to do these fucking 5mans every time a new raiding tier comes out.
    Maybe for newer players, but that sort of progression kills the motivation to level an alt. When you hit 85 on an alt, do you really wanna re-do all that old content? No.
    Last edited by Glomp; 2011-05-25 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Nice to see Mages nerfs being scrapped... again. Well at least Spellsteal mana cost has been doubled. If THAT gets scrapped - well... I know I won't be best pleased... I don't see any other classe's nerfs getting scrapped because people don't like them. =(

Yey, when I will finally get my 1st toon to lvl. 85 there will be only AoE bliztruns through 5m and hc like in LK after 3.3.

I dumped my long ally druid main - 82, shaman -83 and DK -80 and roll a horde (paladin -79, mage -59 , priest -27) on different server. This druid will be probably the last char to reach lvl. 85 ... or maybe not. Due to Blizz politic about class balance, PR talk about it and to a direct lie to druid community that they will not change the gameplay of any class of any spec in a class balancing patch just after expansion!

I can only hope, ther won't be some horror hc like HoR, where AoE bliztrun can still be interruped in a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post

O'rly?

And then even with "super easy raid dificulty" raid leaders in /2 will want "have achi and GS/PS of 12000+ OR NO INV!"
    Last edited by Puntar; 2011-05-25 at 02:41 PM.

I am in favour for nerfing the raids. For more casual players it will be still a bit of a challange but they will be able to see raiding and will be able to enjoy the game in bigger spectrum. I hope I will finish T11 Raids before 4.2. Will they nerf HC content too or is it only on normal?

It is all about elitism and to feel elite for a glimpse.

If "lesser skilled" players can achieve the same i did (because things got easy mode meanwhile) - does this nullifies my efforts?
    Because of my "elite" skills i got gear so everyone else who wants the same gear must have equal or better skills?

You can feel elite again - trust me - you'll clear tier 12 content in a breeze (if your skills are half that good as your lack in self confidence).
    Not only Mr. T - i also pity you guys - who think achieving goals in a virtual world makes you "elite" or "a person of outstanding abilities".
    You had your fun with tier 11 - now let other have also fun and go for tier 12.

Shouldnt you have to somewhat earn getting to the next tier of progression? I understand why they do this, but to this extreme?

---------- Post added 2011-05-25 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    It is all about elitism and to feel elite for a glimpse.

If "lesser skilled" players can achieve the same i did (because things got easy mode meanwhile) - does this nullifies my efforts?
    Because of my "elite" skills i got gear so everyone else who wants the same gear must have equal or better skills?

You can feel elite again - trust me - you'll clear tier 12 content in a breeze (if your skills are half that good as your lack in self confidence).
    Not only Mr. T - i also pity you guys - who think achieving goals in a virtual world makes you "elite" or "a person of outstanding abilities".
    You had your fun with tier 11 - now let other have also fun and go for tier 12.
    unfortunately your the kinda players Blizzard caters to now. cool life card

*Wall of tears fills your cup with 1,000,000 tears!*

Congratulations, your QQ cup is full!

Why am I not surprised that the same.....old.....whining still goes on whenever old content gets toned down.

For those getting all herpa derpa QQ, turn off your computer, peel yourself off the couch, try to squeeze through the front door and enjoy the fresh air.

I don't know about anyone else complaining about the nerfs so I won't speak for everyone, but here's why I don't like the nerfs.

They trivialize content I'm still progressing on. That's right, I still haven't cleared it. I wouldn't say it's because I'm worse than the average wow player though. It's rather a matter of time. About two months ago I and a some irl friends got back into wow and started a raid group together, playing almost exclusively with people we know irl, and we have a ball time while raiding. The problem however is that we can't play more than two nights a week together for about two hours each time, some weeks not even that. We just managed to get nefarian down and are now going to work on Al'Akir. We have so far enjoyed the harder encounters ALOT more than the ones we just steamrolled over.

Yes, we probably will be finished with the tier once 4.2 hits the server, but what about the guilds who started out even later than us? Just because you don't have all the time in the world together with your guild to spend on the game doesn't mean you don't want a challenge. Being a casual player isn't about being a retarded loser with an iq below 70, it's about not being able to prioritize raids over other things in your life. When I play, I want to challenge myself, I don't want smash my head against my keyboard and recieve free epics on a silver plate.

All this crying about Blizz is making it easier for casual or less skilled players get OLD content gear... LOL... if tier 12 comes out and you're worried about people getting old tier 11, you have some serious insecurity issues. did you not get enough hugs from mommy and daddy? or hell, maybe tooo many, if you know what i mean... LOL you are great, you are epic, you are the server elite, blah, blah, blah, etc... now that you got tier 11 before anyone else, try getting laid (hint: log off and take a bath first)

Quote Originally Posted by ka52a View Post
    I am in favour for nerfing the raids. For more casual players it will be still a bit of a challange but they will be able to see raiding and will be able to enjoy the game in bigger spectrum. I hope I will finish T11 Raids before 4.2. Will they nerf HC content too or is it only on normal?
    Raids nerf themselves over time naturally, as heroics and more raid content comes out casuals would slowly be able to make their way up the raiding ladder over time.

Instead Blizzard is now handing it to them on a silver platter. Cool.

The problem with this is that it provides a severe dis-incentive to do content when it's hard, because if we wait long enough they'll give it to us for free.
    Last edited by IKT; 2011-05-25 at 04:25 PM.

People complained when Blizzard did this same thing in Wrath (every time...), but the numbers don't lie. Nearly doubling your subscribers on the 2nd expansion to an aging game - that's what happens when you give people what they want.

The game's still aging, so that's why WoW's now declining a bit. It's not about ease of raiding - that's why people keep playing. It's still fun, it's still accessible, and it's going to keep being successful for a couple more years.