3 questions regarding Firelands and patch 4.2

Hello,

Thanks for reading my thread. Have 3 questions I wanted to ask the community.

1. Looking over the new gear that will be crafted in the new patch. I wanted your opinion if you think both Volatile fire and water will increase in price and if it would be a good idea to stock pile them?

2. Maelstrom Crystals seem to be at an all time low. Do you think they will increase in price come 4.2?

3. Is there anything I should consider buying pre-patch 4.2 if I can get a good deal on it now that will surely go up come next patch?

Thank you for your replies.

Deleted
    1.Yes and Yes.They are needed in the 365 weapons and in the 378 hands/feet.Some require up to 300 volatiles.As always Air >>> All
    2.At first yes.New items needs new enchants but in a short term (with those new items) content become trivial and Maelstroms will drop.
    3.Leather. Come the 4.2 you cant skin other people corpses and this behavior in Tol Barad is the main source of leather on the AH.Expect an exponentially rise of hides.
    4.All of the above is mere speculation.This post is provided "as Is" since there is no way to know how much is stockpiled yet and when 4.2 will come(If day 1 of 4.2 50.000 volatiles are dumped on AH we are all screwed!!! lol).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    1.Yes and Yes.They are needed in the 365 weapons and in the 378 hands/feet.Some require up to 300 volatiles.As always Air >>> All
    2.At first yes.New items needs new enchants but in a short term (with those new items) content become trivial and Maelstroms will drop.
    3.Leather. Come the 4.2 you cant skin other people corpses and this behavior in Tol Barad is the main source of leather on the AH.Expect an exponentially rise of hides.
    4.All of the above is mere speculation.This post is provided "as Is" since there is no way to know how much is stockpiled yet and when 4.2 will come(If day 1 of 4.2 50.000 volatiles are dumped on AH we are all screwed!!! lol).
    Ermm... pretty sure the skinning change is that you can't skin something while someone has the LOOT WINDOW open. Once they finish you can skin it.

It's also to prevent worgens from ninja-skinning kills as people are in the process of skinning them. You can still skin other people's corpses...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Hey Primi, where did you read that players won't be able to skin other player's corpses?

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dawsun View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for reading my thread. Have 3 questions I wanted to ask the community.

1. Looking over the new gear that will be crafted in the new patch. I wanted your opinion if you think both Volatile fire and water will increase in price and if it would be a good idea to stock pile them?

2. Maelstrom Crystals seem to be at an all time low. Do you think they will increase in price come 4.2?

3. Is there anything I should consider buying pre-patch 4.2 if I can get a good deal on it now that will surely go up come next patch?

Thank you for your replies.
    Maelstrom Crystals won't go up high enough for you to make gold off of them, IMO. Go to wowecon.com and search for Maelstrom Crystals, click 90 days and look at the chart. The prices have been going down constantly throughout Cataclysm. There was no spike when Patch 4.1 came out (late April) and won't be much of a spike after Patch 4.2 comes out. Epic quality gear is easy to obtain now and will still be easy to obtain then. Yes there will be a spike in demand but it will be minimal IMO.

Here are the new recipes coming in Patch 4.2:

Blacksmithing: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spells=11.164...rs=1;crv=40100
    Tailoring: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spells=11.197...=1%3Bcrv=40100
    Engineering: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spells=11.202...=1%3Bcrv=40100
    Leatherworking: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spells=11.165...=1%3Bcrv=40100

Notice all the Truegold, Volatiles, Hardened Elementium, Pristine Hides, etc. You can consider all of that stuff for buying. This is something to consider. I'm done speculating though, I have a good mix of all of that.

Deleted
    Hey Primi, where did you read that players won't be able to skin other player's corpses?
    PTR patch Notes 4.2.If someone had already tried on PTR it would be the best source for confirmation but anyway what Dindo said makes a lot more sense.

On the other side regarding Maelstroms there is some point to consider:
    A) 4.1 didnt come with an increase in base ilvl (as in ilvl of current raid).This will drop the price (more ppl gettin more maelstroms and some of the current epics will be "maelstroned" after replace)
    B) There was not a nerf of BOT/BWD(in 4.2 those raids will be severely nerferd) meaning PUGS will try and some will be succesful.
    This will drop the price.
    D) There was not a new PVP season.This will rise the price.
    E) There was no crafted epic weapons ( I suspect most of the Maelstrom goes to Landslide,Power Torrent...and the fewer to wrist,..).
    This will rise the price.
    F) With new rewards expect 0 investment ( not much now but some) in maelstroms from Justice/Honor(again nobody is H/J capped).This will rise the price.

The market is (quoting the poet) :"a hearless bitch" so how much and for how long is difficult to account but I must focus our attention(again) that those factors are meaningless compared to the main factor(and we cant know it): How much people are stockpiling and how much mats?
    As always investment diversification is the key to sucess.