Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

I'm sure most of us, can agree that WoW is a great game. It's smooth designed, enjoyable for everything, and it's easy to get into. However, unfortunately the game has become, more or less a routine game. It's the same old thing you do all the time, you log in. Maybe you grind som dalies, you take a heroic, do a BG, some arena and so on. Personally, i think the game is borring, or more precisely, it will be boring with the time!

Do like me, wait for the new Guild Wars 2. It's looks AMAZING, it's all the good things about WoW, and some more. I am really looking forward to it. But DO NOT compare other games with WoW, that will just lead it to an dead end!
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -AW- Squirrel View Post
    Ok, go and find me ANY sub figures released officially by Trion.

Whats that, you cant? Yeah, thats because there aren't any, just like I said.
    You do realize that is not a good thing, right?

OT: Yeah, if you're really bored try some of the korean MMOs. They are not good in the long term, because they get really grindy, but they are quite fun in the beginning. Or try the MMOs that went F2P, like Lord of the Rings or DDO. All this should carry you until Firelands come. And when/if Firelands get boring, they should also last you until Guild Wars 2 finally releases

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsylar View Post
    I'm sure most of us, can agree that WoW is a great game. It's smooth designed, enjoyable for everything, and it's easy to get into. However, unfortunately the game has become, more than less a routine game. It's the same old thing you do all the time, you log in. Maybe you grind som dalies, you take a heroic, do a BG, some arena and so on. Personally, i think the game is borring, or more precisely, it will be boring with the time!
    Very, very well said. Someone with some sense. Have you tried Rift? Its everything WoW is, but much less boring in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    You do realize that is not a good thing, right?
    It would be the case whether they had 200 or 20million, its the rules of their company. Maybe you'll learn about it one day at school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very, very well said. Someone with some sense. Have you tried Rift? Its everything WoW is, but much less boring in general.
    What you refuse to acknowledge is that it's a matter of prefference. I did try Rift and it was sooooo booooring. Doing rifts is fun the firsrt 5 times, but gets old fast. Being sent to to the same area over and over just to kill different mobs is not fun. For me. And you can't say that my oppinion is somehow less valid than yours. I went back to WoW after my free month was up, and so did most of my WoW guildies who gave Rift a try.

Thank you sir. No unfortunately, I simple don't have the time at the moment (school, work and so on..), but it looks amazing. I like the graphic, and i heard the gameplay should be superb! If it takes too long, when Guild Wars 2 is released, I'll try out RIFT!
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

What you refuse to acknowledge is that it's a matter of prefference. I did try Rift and it was sooooo booooring. Doing rifts is fun the firsrt 5 times, but gets old fast. Being sent to to the same area over and over just to kill different mobs is not fun. For me. And you can't say that my oppinion is somehow less valid than yours. I went back to WoW after my free month was up, and so did most of my WoW guildies who gave Rift a try.
    You just described WoW, but minus the Rifts, so its even more boring. I actually laughed.

I'd suggest you pack in the trolling and useless comments then.
    Wasn't trolling, so sorry to burst your bubble. And I actually posted some relevance to the thread, but I think you may have selective literacy.

Have you tried Rift? Its everything WoW is, but much less boring in general.
    That's a matter of preference. *high five*

10+ Year Old Account
    You just described WoW, but minus the Rifts, so its even more boring. I actually laughed.
    Actually I'm not. At least not the WoW I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not played wow since about the month after this current expac released. To date I have found no suitable replacement and wow is bordering on craptastic farmville add to that most of the players just are awful (attitude wise) . Yeah I foresee them losing more players.

Actually I'm not. At least not the WoW I play.
    Ah yes, I forgot you play it through addict-tinted glasses. I hope you get over it one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, I forgot you play it through addict-tinted glasses. I hope you get over it one day.
    So, when I say I like WoW and I dont like Rift I'm an addict. When you say the opposite it's a valid point and a valuable addition to the discussion. That's a nice mindset to have.

So, when I say I like WoW and I dont like Rift I'm an addict. When you say the opposite it's a valid point and a valuable addition to the discussion. That's a nice mindset to have.
    I actually back my points up though, you just say you don't like it and refuse to give a reason.

Deleted
    Please ppl, quit wow, can't you see how much money you all wasted, and what did you get for it.

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    Please ppl, quit wow, can't you see how much money you all wasted, and what did you get for it.
    I've had fun in my free time? If I wasn't on WoW, it would just be another MMO anyway, so whats the big difference?
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually back my points up though, you just say you don't like it and refuse to give a reason.
    Sure you do. "My friend works at Trion", "You're an addict, so your oppinion is invalid" and "No, you're wrong" are wonderful and compelling arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    What did i get from it? Some better english With time, Friend that i made with the game that i still chat with and actually go see them sometime is that time wasted?

Ok gonna throw in my two cents here.

I've played rift, I've got a level 50, took part in the highest dungeons + rifts (tried a bit of raid rifts) and got extremely bored with the combat system, it just did not strike me as smooth as wow and althought you could argue that wow is not that great either, well this could be true, depending on which points you look at.

Wow, has worse almost cartoonish graphics yes but however, just because a game has better graphics does not mean that it is a better game, the graphics is what hooked one of the friends I had on rift who left at the same time as me. Also, rift is not the same as wow, in essence perhaps, in idea perhaps, in genre definatly, however if you've played different mmo's and action games you pick up different vibes from different games and as such if u do not perservier do not experience the game at its best which is usually the case with people who complain about rift being boring within the first ten levels, I'm not being a hypocrit denouncing the game then preaching for it, I'm simply giving my view of anyone who complains about it without decent experience as I got bored around level forty, leveled it up and experienced some end game.

Overall my conclusion is that have you given rift a decent shot? If so then have a little think about what your searching for, if you ask for a game without giving specifics the chances are the majority of people will go with mmo's but as you have played black ops this is inconsistent with the choice of mmo's so I would say look to the horizon for TERA online like I am, and play something else in the mean time like me, I went to aion with a person I met with rift and although it is slightly grindy if you find a friend it does not stop it being fun.

Also sorry for the lack of a suggestion for Guild Wars 2 but I'm just not interested in it at all, so I cannot give willingly suggest a game I know nothing about.

Also a opinion IS a reason, it makes for a weak argument however it IS reason.
    Last edited by mini98; 2011-05-24 at 07:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rift is okay until you hit 50 then it is way to much like WoW to be much fun. @ endgame it is Rep Grind, expert dungeon grind to Raid grind... sound familiar?? haven't we seen this same format for the last 13 years? EQ,WoW,Rift and the many other knock offs following the same format are just damn boring.

Wait for GW2, in my opinion.