Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you use 3 tanks?! That doesn't even make sense! Gearing up two tanks is hard enough, 3 is just impossible. D:
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Not in 10-mans, which this thread is about.
    that's entirely dependent on your setup/tactic.

when I was in a 10man guild we used 3 tanks for halfus. we 'only' used 2 'tanks' for chim tho' (with a ret or dk actually tanking the boss and the two of us tanks taking double attacks and feuds)

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    They should make it equal; 2 Tanks for 10man, 5 Tanks for 25man tbh. :3
    and how would you do that? add 3 different big adds that has to be off-tanked in every single fight? what could that possibly accomplish, besides bringing back boring off-tanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    that's entirely dependent on your setup/tactic.

when I was in a 10man guild we used 3 tanks for halfus. we 'only' used 2 'tanks' for chim tho' (with a ret or dk actually tanking the boss and the two of us tanks taking double attacks and feuds)[
    The fact that you on the by far easiest boss this tier can use three tanks does not have any weight tbh. :P

I hope they have learned, but I don't think they have.
    Hopefully they make this tier a tad more "10man"friendly", and less reliant on certain classes/specs to counter some mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Not in 10-mans, which this thread is about.
    We use 3 tanks on Heroic Halfus, kind of annoying because I never get to DPS... I can't even imagine it without 3 tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way.

our guild HM 10 man group does:

2 tanks only for Halfus.
    2 tanks + 1 plate dps for Chim

It's doable. good players make it happen.

The main point I was trying to get across is do you think a 3 tank, or at least a DPS that can taunt tank (H Chim), raid comp will be one of the more viable options in Firelands' hard modes. Yes, I know you can do all of those fights with 2 tanks, that's not my point. Heroic Halfus is made tons easier with a 3rd tank and Heroic Chimaeron is made tons easier if you can use a plate DPS to taunt for Break. The problem we had was that the plate DPS that we had recently quit and in order to keep progressing the way we are I had to switch to DK instead of re-learning an encounter we have on farm a new way. I'm not saying it was the only way to go, but a very viable option to make the fights easier, especially in early gear levels.

My main point is do you think it's a safe bet that we won't need that 3rd tank for the Firelands hard mode encounters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacritts View Post
    The main point I was trying to get across is do you think a 3 tank, or at least a DPS that can taunt tank (H Chim), raid comp will be one of the more viable options in Firelands' hard modes. Yes, I know you can do all of those fights with 2 tanks, that's not my point. Heroic Halfus is made tons easier with a 3rd tank and Heroic Chimaeron is made tons easier if you can use a plate DPS to taunt for Break. The problem we had was that the plate DPS that we had recently quit and in order to keep progressing the way we are I had to switch to DK instead of re-learning an encounter we have on farm a new way. I'm not saying it was the only way to go, but a very viable option to make the fights easier, especially in early gear levels.

My main point is do you think it's a safe bet that we won't need that 3rd tank for the Firelands hard mode encounters?
    You should make a dps get some tanking gear, it can be easier if the fight is not a dps fight. And it's better to have a backup plan instead of not having one. Dont think people has yet to gained enough information about the various boss abilities to make a conclusion about it.

I'd say def go for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    We use 3 tanks on Heroic Halfus, kind of annoying because I never get to DPS... I can't even imagine it without 3 tanks.
    2 tanks has always been the easiest setup tbh, even pre-nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    we always do it 2 tanks in 10m, even before the nerf on Dragon's damages

but I have to admit that 3 tanks made it much easier

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    because we have so many tanks that we don't know what to do with them right?
    Dunno about u but my guild alt runs have about 6 tanks fighting over the 2 slots.
    There's plenty of them coming it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    No way.

our guild HM 10 man group does:

2 tanks only for Halfus.
    2 tanks + 1 plate dps for Chim

It's doable. good players make it happen.
    Yeah we do the same. The abilities on Chimaeron normal are pretty trivial in comparison to heroic for those that haven't seen it.
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2011-05-25 at 07:47 AM. Reason: typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    this is why we have a tank shortage
    No. Really no. It's a fallacy.
    90% of raiding guilds are 10man guilds, so there ARE are 1 tank for each 2-3 dps out there. They just don't queue on LFD (or only queue with guildies) because there is no incentive to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    They should make it equal; 2 Tanks for 10man, 5 Tanks for 25man tbh. :3
    except if 5 tanks were needed for 25man you would ahve to scale up the healers more as well. 5 healers for tanks + raid healers instead of 3 healers for tanks + raid healers.

3-tanking is something rare in 25s nowadays let alone 10man. Not happening imo.