Deleted

Is the i5 2500 any good?

Want to build a decent pc (dont think i will game on it much now but later yes, perhaps Rift)
    Is the i5 2500 processor good for this? Because i want to order the processor now, and the rest later. (more money inc later)

I am not planning to overclock anything so no i5 2500k. I can order it right away.

Also, i think Logitech products are the most reliable. They have never let me down. Have speakers, a mic, and the G15 keyboard, and the mx518 mouse incoming. God i love Logitech. Also never trust Trust. (lol)
    Just wanted to say that.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-05-24 at 08:26 PM.

The Sandy Bridge series in absolutely excellent, the performance is much higher than similar priced Nehalem cpus were on their release.

Don't.

Buy whole thing when you have the money in hand, not bit now, bit in 2 months. Even if i5-2500K is still the best CPU in few months when you have the time to buy motherboard, price of the CPU might've fallen by then and you'd save some money.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Don't.

Buy whole thing when you have the money in hand, not bit now, bit in 2 months. Even if i5-2500K is still the best CPU in few months when you have the time to buy motherboard, price of the CPU might've fallen by then and you'd save some money.
    Eh dont care much about that. Will get the money before the Bulldozer comes out. :P

Will get the money for the rest of the parts in the next 2 weeks somewhere.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gnigdodnab View Post
    The Sandy Bridge series in absolutely excellent, the performance is much higher than similar priced Nehalem cpus were on their release.
    So they are okay to buy?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they are okay to buy. Practically everyone has been getting Sandybridge and I've heard no complaints at all. I have an i5-2500K and it is such a night and day difference to my old dual-core E5200, I can never go back. Everything runs faster and smoother, as one would hope.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yes, they are okay to buy. Practically everyone has been getting Sandybridge and I've heard no complaints at all. I have an i5-2500K and it is such a night and day difference to my old dual-core E5200, I can never go back. Everything runs faster and smoother, as one would hope.

No doubt no real difference than that from going from a single core Pentium3 to a dualcore :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    No doubt no real difference than that from going from a single core Pentium3 to a dualcore :P
    I have an AMD Athlon processor 3200+ atm. : P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I have an AMD Athlon processor 3200+ atm. : P
    Yikes... I'd dare say you'd see a difference. x_X
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yikes... I'd dare say you'd see a difference. x_X
    Haha, yes its ancient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I would buy the 2500k IF you know how to OC. Even with the standard coolor you can OC it just a bit and increase your config performance by a bit Here in the EU it's only like 1 or 2 euro's more expensive then the 2500 version. Maybe if you want to OC later.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    If you're going to get the Bulldozer, why not go for a cheaper SB, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...idge%20pentium for example, so you don't chuck cash down the toilet

If you are wary about the Bulldozer, get the i5 2500k, chances are if you need to upgrade the mobo (which you do), you can get one with the EUFI (e.g. Asus P8P67), allowing you to OC ridiculously easily and stably, so why not?

Scryus.

Deleted
    I'm using a Asus p8p67 Mobo and i5-2500k. Even if you don't plan on OCing, still get the "k" in-case you change your mind. From what I remember, it's not much more expensive either. But yeah, it's an awesome CPU, can't fault it at all. The BIOS is also a lot more pleasing to the eye! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Want to build a decent pc (dont think i will game on it much now but later yes, perhaps Rift)
    Is the i5 2500 processor good for this? Because i want to order the processor now, and the rest later. (more money inc later)

I am not planning to overclock anything so no i5 2500k. I can order it right away.

Hmm i will see.