Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    It's good glyphed, it's also good without the glyph, heavily depends on the fight (Morchok I use it unglyphed, Yor'sahj I glyph it). Keep a few dust around and change it, but if you're only doing LFR, I wouldn't worry too much. Try and avoid using the Crusader strike glyph, it isn't really that great. I prefer word of glory, but some go for hammer of the righteous.
    WoG is very situational, and HotR is only good for trash and a few boss fights (rhyolith for example), otherwise Crusader Strike is good

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    The deciding factor for me was checking my logs. I added 10% onto the heal for Word of Glory (to be honest, I kinda chose 20% to factor in more) and then compared it to how much extra damage CS glyph got me. The amount of healing I do via WoG tends to be below tiny. Therefore the damage helped more - think it was something like the WoG glyph would have got me something sillylike 30k more healing over a proper length fight. Just not worth it really.

HOTR is good for Rhyolith and "maybe" spine but that really is pushing it. Just keep Dust of Disappearence around you and swap as and when. Divine Protection glyph is ok for certain fights but again change it as and when.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post confuses me in the context of the last posts but I have just woken up.

However, you should be reforging Parry into Dodge to get your dodge about 200 rating above your parry, because we gain about that much from raid buffs. This then equalizes the parry and dodge percentages in a raid environment.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Obligatory Armoury Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Erenia/simple

So I have three trinkets to choose from and I can't!
    Indomitable Pride, Fire of the Deep and Resolve of Undying are my choices.
    If it were up to me I'd get rid of Indomitable Pride. But the massive amount of stamina that I'd lose makes me hesitant.

tyty

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I don't own the spine trinket so I don't know how much dodge that Resolve of Undying is worth. In the ideal world you would for Spine Trinket + Indomnitable Pride simply because the amount of stamina you get off a stamina trinket and then gemming mastery, is higher.

What it boils down to is if you can make up the CTC difference by using 1 stamina trinket in place of 1 of those items. Seeing as you're gemming all puissants you probably can but you're only at what... 96% without the stacks of spine trinket meaning I hope that trinket gives you about 4.5%.

In an ideal world you would use Indomnitable + RoU but if you cant then use Indomn + Fire of Deep then use a load of fractureds to fill the CTC void. Just get CTC then pile on the stamina.

Whilst we're here it's probably an idea to get the correct chest enchant, you miss a belt buckle, and your professions are useless. I'd recommend Blacksmithing then something else. Jewelcrafting is weak at the moment. Leatherworking/Enchanting are pretty damn good. Get the VP relic and cloak and necklace asap as they are best in slot, irreplaceable items, then VP boots and crafted bracers. Get the VP ring shortly after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Your post confuses me in the context of the last posts but I have just woken up.

However, you should be reforging Parry into Dodge to get your dodge about 200 rating above your parry, because we gain about that much from raid buffs. This then equalizes the parry and dodge percentages in a raid environment.
    Was that for me ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    Was that for me ?
    No, for someone who has now deleted their post, so it looks all weird and funky

Dodge/Parry

I haven't had a chance to fully read this thread, but I have one question that I would LOVE an answer to.

At what point does it stop being worth it to boost dodge/parry and start stacking stamina?
    fully raid buffed I am sitting at about 20.5% in each, and I am wondering if I would be better served reforging some of the dodge/parry into mastery, then using mastery/stam or just straight stam gems when applicable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeshaya View Post
    I haven't had a chance to fully read this thread, but I have one question that I would LOVE an answer to.

At what point does it stop being worth it to boost dodge/parry and start stacking stamina?
    fully raid buffed I am sitting at about 20.5% in each, and I am wondering if I would be better served reforging some of the dodge/parry into mastery, then using mastery/stam or just straight stam gems when applicable.
    It stops being worth it when you CTC cap, at least in DS. I wouldn't gem for avoidance at all, push everything into straight stamina (meeting the decent socket bonuses as you go)

I understand that much, but right now I am faced with the choice of using mastery gems, and mastery / stam, or mastery / stam and straight stam..
    the option that uses straight stam gems will require that I reforge out of dodge/parry on a few items and into mastery... I would rather not do this unless I can find some sort of definitive proof that it works out better in terms of survivability.

then again, I just took a look at your reforging / gems... and I think I have my answer. Thanks!
    Last edited by Aeshaya; 2012-01-19 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeshaya View Post
    I understand that much, but right now I am faced with the choice of using mastery gems, and mastery / stam, or mastery / stam and straight stam..
    the option that uses straight stam gems will require that I reforge out of dodge/parry on a few items and into mastery... I would rather not do this unless I can find some sort of definitive proof that it works out better in terms of survivability.

then again, I just took a look at your reforging / gems... and I think I have my answer. Thanks!
    Let me link you something Theck said in firelands. It's even more true now than it was then, so I suggest you have a read.

http://sacredduty.net/2011/10/14/wha...ing-block-cap/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    It stops being worth it when you CTC cap, at least in DS. I wouldn't gem for avoidance at all, push everything into straight stamina (meeting the decent socket bonuses as you go)
    Pretty much this. Also depends on the content you do. When you're pushing for heroics after the first 2 or so, then stacking stam becomes a great idea because the spell damage becomes simply eurgh and apart from a glyphed cooldown (which is damn powerful) we have feck all to guard us against it.

Essentially, Splosion and I both have armory links in our sigs which in this case is great because it shows you both options. I am CTC and have gemmed a bit of avoidance - not much but enough to keep me CTC and spam the feck out of stamina. Splosion on the other hand has gone for straight stamina and as a result is at about... ooo... 2.5, 3% below CTC? But then it doesn't matter because the healthpool is what is required for the content that is being tanked.

Yorsahj is a great example of when stamina stacking conquers all. Hagara is semi-decent too if you don't do any taunting with Focused Assault. Pretty much every heroic fight, infact, is great for stam stacking. For normal modes however you have the option. Both are viable but I wouldn't recommend the pure stamina until you have good gear as you don't want your avoidance to suffer too much.

My personal preference is to remain CTC as for the sake of CTC I only sacrificed 4k hp relative to Splosion, but I do have slightly better gear so call it 5/6k. However, I'll almost certainly change this once I get to about 3/8hc and/or I'll build up a second "stam stacking" set. Just keep an eye out on other tanks who are dishing out the information and you'll rarely go wrong, as they must have learnt it from somewhere after all.

Id like to point out that agility no longer grants us (or any other plate wearing class) dodge, just crit.

I hope I will get all your post and apply it to my character, thanks anyway.

How is protection when it comes to soloing content these days?....if lets say - you walk around in ret gear in prot spec....do you die as quickly as a ret would or do you live 10seconds longer?..Cuz im really tierd of trying to solo stuff as ret since WoG is a bitch on CD....it sucks asshairs
    I do belive in fairytales...I really do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remulade View Post
    How is protection when it comes to soloing content these days?....if lets say - you walk around in ret gear in prot spec....do you die as quickly as a ret would or do you live 10seconds longer?..Cuz im really tierd of trying to solo stuff as ret since WoG is a bitch on CD....it sucks asshairs
    Prot is good, but ret is still better because the selfhealing is increased (protip: Take 2/2 selfless healer and even Last Word if you're needing it), and that you can equip a shield/mending 1hander (Souldrinker), whilst doing more damage. Prot is good for damage reduction (Fights such as marrowgar/XT are best soloed as prot), but for most you want retribution. Gone are the days of Kurushimi's epic prot paladin solos (10 points if you know who I'm talking about)

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Pretty much this. Also depends on the content you do. When you're pushing for heroics after the first 2 or so, then stacking stam becomes a great idea because the spell damage becomes simply eurgh and apart from a glyphed cooldown (which is damn powerful) we have feck all to guard us against it.

Essentially, Splosion and I both have armory links in our sigs which in this case is great because it shows you both options. I am CTC and have gemmed a bit of avoidance - not much but enough to keep me CTC and spam the feck out of stamina. Splosion on the other hand has gone for straight stamina and as a result is at about... ooo... 2.5, 3% below CTC? But then it doesn't matter because the healthpool is what is required for the content that is being tanked.

Yorsahj is a great example of when stamina stacking conquers all. Hagara is semi-decent too if you don't do any taunting with Focused Assault. Pretty much every heroic fight, infact, is great for stam stacking. For normal modes however you have the option. Both are viable but I wouldn't recommend the pure stamina until you have good gear as you don't want your avoidance to suffer too much.

My personal preference is to remain CTC as for the sake of CTC I only sacrificed 4k hp relative to Splosion, but I do have slightly better gear so call it 5/6k. However, I'll almost certainly change this once I get to about 3/8hc and/or I'll build up a second "stam stacking" set. Just keep an eye out on other tanks who are dishing out the information and you'll rarely go wrong, as they must have learnt it from somewhere after all.
    I'm CTC capped with raid buffs (+ elixirs/mastery food), although I'm not sure if I was using 2x stamina trinkets when I was logged.