Poll: 3x Eyefinity Screens or a TV?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted

Some questions regarding Eyefinity & different display options.

So I recently bought a new computer for the main purpose of trying out Eyefinity. I wasn't very smart as I didn't read up enough about it before I ordered the PC.

After some reading up, from what I can understand I need at least 1x active display port? As I don't have a screen with an active display port i'm wondering if I could go with 1x hdmi, 2x dvi (If I purchase an active display adapter to convert one of the hdmi's?) If this would work, i'd really appreciate if someone could post a link or give me a more specific name of the adapter I need.

As of now I have 1 32" screen with VGA / HDMI ports. 1x 23,5" screen with VGA port. 1x 22" screen with DVI & 1x 21" screen with DVI.

Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67 PRO

The main purpose is obviously for gaming, besides of wow I mostly play FPS games such as cod, crysis, battelfield etc. I realise the screens I have aren't the same size so it probably won't work superwell but they do all have the same resolution (1920x1080) except for one of the DVI's.

So my second question would be, if I use a VGA to DVI converter as well would I be able to use the VGA screens? As my grfx card doesn't have a VGA output.

Third question. I'm looking at purchasing either a new TV which i'd use as my PC screen as well, or new eyefinity screens. So i'm curious wether it's worth putting the money on 3 new screens or if I should just get a TV. I'm rather sure the TV would be half the price of 3x screens.

What do you think?

If there's anything else you'd need to know just ask.

Thanks in advance,
    Submarine.

32" - connect it via HDMI
    23.5" - connect it via VGA to MDP; http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B101B-0.../dp/B0041O7XHY
    22" or 21" - connect it via DVI.

Couple of things - the resolution of each monitor will be lowered to the lowest of all the screens. I have this problem myself; I have 1x 1920x1080 screen and 2x 1440x900 screens, so when I run them in Eyefinity, my 1920x1080 screen is lowered to 1440x900.

Also, you're gonna get tired of the mismatched sizes. I certainly did.

P.S. My vote is for Eyefinity. I like it because it's a much larger resolution, versus just 1920x1080 stretched over a larger area as with a TV. But there are bezels, so you've gotta decide if you can live with them.

Deleted
    Ok so I hooked up my computer with 2x DVI and 1x VGA through an active display adapter. The issue I have right now is that the side screens are "wide". So would this be because Eyefinity is based on my lowest resolution screen (1600x1200)? And if I bought another screen with 1920x1080 (So all my screens are 1920x1080) would it solve the issue? Atm it feels like the side screens on wow are stretched out, and when i'm on cod the whole picture is very stretched out. Thanks in advance!

It should correct the issue, although I would post on a more specific board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donthealme View Post
    It should correct the issue, although I would post on a more specific board.
    On a more specific board?

Also I uploaded a screenshot of one of the "wide" screens. http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/s...1_205021-1.jpg

As you can see..Atramedes is NOT in his usual form! Poor blind dragon..

Well, I haven't played a whole lot of WoW since I got my Eyefinity setup, but I did fire it up.. and decided to play WoW on a single screen. There was a lot of what you described, especially the name bars. Some games don't play nice with Eyefinity, and WoW can be one of them. Blizzard games in general actually, you can't run SC2 on more than one monitor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Also I uploaded a screenshot of one of the "wide" screens. http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/s...1_205021-1.jpg

As you can see..Atramedes is NOT in his usual form! Poor blind dragon..
    That is a problem with your screen aspect ratio. Need to set correct resolutions in both Windows and in WoW for the games to look correct.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Ok so I hooked up my computer with 2x DVI and 1x VGA through an active display adapter. The issue I have right now is that the side screens are "wide". So would this be because Eyefinity is based on my lowest resolution screen (1600x1200)? And if I bought another screen with 1920x1080 (So all my screens are 1920x1080) would it solve the issue? Atm it feels like the side screens on wow are stretched out, and when i'm on cod the whole picture is very stretched out. Thanks in advance!
    most games will produce a fisheye effect on the side screens, this is normal, cod is not, that and a few other games require a hack to work, you can get it here http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Eyefinity is something you normally use with multiples of the same monitor. Because it makes all displays look like one giant one, having them all be the same just tends to work better. And yes, Eyefinity runs all the displays at the same resolution, another reason to use all the same model.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    most games will produce a fisheye effect on the side screens, this is normal, cod is not, that and a few other games require a hack to work, you can get it here http://www.widescreenfixer.org/
    Cheers mate, this solved my C.O.D issue<3