Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Watched Big Bang Theory's latest episode the other day (latest season, is it third or forth?) - 10/10, its the only "comedy" series I follow ever since Two and a Half Men got canceled (fuck you Chuck Lorre) and I fucking love it.

----------------
    Last edited by Dystopic; 2011-07-27 at 12:22 AM.

Chuck, waiting for season 5.

Id give it a 8/10 because of the whole way the show is build and the relationship between Chuck and Sarah is described. Quite amazing, plus there is lots of action, but the show doesnt try to be like "die hard"-serious plus Morgan delivers.

I tried watching Scrubs, it just didnt feel right, dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopic View Post
    To me Scrubs is perfect, so I don't see your problem, so what if people rate 10/10? doesn't that only mean that it was perfect to them? I can understand that not everyone would rate Scrubs 10/10, but to me it is a clear 10/10. Different people, different views and opinions on things.
    Which is exactly the problem and totally defies the purpose of rating a series. What worth does rating have when it is done completely subjective?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I meant that more than half of the people in here give 10/10 to series that they like which is just ridiculous. In my book a 10/10 means a series that is PERFECT, how can you get an objective view of series when everyone is giving a 10 to everything?
    Well, some would say you can never have a fully objective view, no matter how much you try.

I've seen lots of great series but I'm going to say: Most of Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert's stuff.
    That includes Hercules: the legendary journeys, Xena: Warrior Princess and both Spartacus series.
    Even though the 2 first mentioned have a lot of random crap episodes the good ones weigh the series up
    Hercules 8/10, Can be too repetitive.
    Xena 8/10, Plain stupid sometimes.
    Spartacus series: 10/10, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account
    white collar: 6/10
    house md: 10/10
    chuck: 9/10
    game of thrones: 11/10
    warehouse 13: 7/10
    hustle: 8/10
    castle: 10/10
    fringe: 9/10
    dexter: 9/10
    how i met your mother: 9/10

they all have their respective niches, (well apart from white collar&hustle,those clash a bit ), so they are just rated on their own scale of "how awesome can they be if everything is done properly"

game of thrones rules that ladder, by far, obviously
    house is just house - chuck misses out a bit on BuyMore-Action if you know what i mean but it's just awesome nonetheless - castle is just *GREAT* - fringe has its moments of doubt - dexter sometimes takes too long to develop - how i met your mother has those moments in s5 where you know "if it wasnt for barney, this would suck right now" but..well..it's barney stinson ;D - hustle isnt theee greatest show, but it keeps its level of semi-awesome for a long time - white collar happens to bore me sometimes - warehouse 13 is a strange liaison, but pretty enjoyable
    Last edited by Kashydan; 2011-05-25 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    House. Just finished season 7. More of the same. Which is not bad, but gets a bit old after 7 seasons. Doesnt feel like story is progressing at all. And 7th seasons finale was probably the weakest this series has had.
    House overall - 4,5 / 5.
    Season 7 - 3 / 5

American Dad. Mixed feelings. Some episodes are simply brilliant (<3 Stan and Roger). Then some are quite boring. 4 / 5.
    Last edited by mmoc024edb9800; 2011-05-25 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Heroes:
    Overall I would give it 8/10, because the beginning is much better than the end.. Season 1 is 10/10 to me my friends and me allways joke about how they nerfed Peter Petrelli

V:
    8.5/10 - really enjoyed it, but not the best .. wacko ending :S

Stargate Universe:
    9/10 - Season 1 was pure great, Season 2 went a bit downhill in the end.. Really sad that it stopped

The Event:
    8/10 - Didn't really like the first half, but kept watching.. gets pretty good in the end.. the end of the last episode is so "WTF!??! How the fuck can they cancel this, I want to know more!?!?"

Shogun:
    9.5/10 - Mini series, but pure awesome!

but don't listen to me.. I obviously have bad taste.. allmost all my fav. shows get cancelled

Deleted
    Fuckers canceled/ended most of my favorite shows too. John Doe, Monk, Futurama, Two and a Half Men... :|

Name: Boardwalk Empire
    Rate it from 1-10(and reason): 8.5
    Whats it about and what genre is it: It's about prohibition and the 'black market' for it in New Jersey.
    What you enjoyed the most: Really easy to follow and it's entertaining. Also it's got Steve Buscemi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewatching the Cell saga of DBZ. Cell just transformed to his final form. I came everywhere.

Deleted
    Watching the new season of South Park, and loving it so far. The new episode should be arriving shortly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesirrobin View Post
    Spartacus - Blood and sand.

Didnt think it would be good.........IT WAS AWESOME!
    Tis about a soldier who gets betrayed by the romans and becomes enslaved eventually leading him down the path of the gladiator.
    Down this path he learns of love, loss and true friendship!
    This series is Gladiator meets a good version of 300. Defo a 10/10 imo.

Might i add the actor (andy whitfield) has been replaced for season 2 due to falling ill. Lets hope he gets better as his portraying of spartacus was amazing.
    ya, hopefully he can get better. but about the show, ya it was awesome, not sure how the next season will be like with the main star not actually being in it.

Rescue Me, 10/10. Funny and dramatic. Would recommend it to anyone.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Psych 9/10
    Dexter 10/10
    True Blood 8/10
    White Collar 8/10
    Burn Notice 8/10
    Spartacus 8/10
    Game of Thrones 10/10
    Entrourage 9/10
    Weeds 7/10 (wife watches it so catch some of it)

I mainly only watch HBO Showtime and USA what do those have in common... Very Little Reality TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name: Prison Break.
    Rate: 10 / 10.
    Genre: Action, Drama.

It it just so damn brilliant, and I was so addicted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesirrobin View Post
    Spartacus - Blood and sand.

Didnt think it would be good.........IT WAS AWESOME!
    Tis about a soldier who gets betrayed by the romans and becomes enslaved eventually leading him down the path of the gladiator.
    Down this path he learns of love, loss and true friendship!
    This series is Gladiator meets a good version of 300. Defo a 10/10 imo.

Might i add the actor (andy whitfield) has been replaced for season 2 due to falling ill. Lets hope he gets better as his portraying of spartacus was amazing.
    haven't watched it yet, but just wanted to add that "season 2" is not season 2, it's a prequel they made because of Andy Whitfeld being ill and people wanted more.. It doesn't even have the same name Blood and sand wont get a season 2 without Andy..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    haven't watched it yet, but just wanted to add that "season 2" is not season 2, it's a prequel they made because of Andy Whitfeld being ill and people wanted more.. It doesn't even have the same name Blood and sand wont get a season 2 without Andy..
    Yus ^^ my bad XD, cant wai till next jan ><

Might i also add to the guy who was stating all his fav t.v shows were getting cancelled....Two and a half men will be back later this year with aston cutcher :P if that helps
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

Deleted
    Here's a couple of reviews of shows I've been watching over the last year

Entourage all seven seasons
    Genre: Comedy, drama
    Enjoyed: Incredibly good casting, Jeremy Piven and Kevind Dillon are absolutely perfect in their roles. You can never get tired of the bromance feeling of the show.
    Rating: 7/10 Would have been an 8 if it wasn't for the 7:th season

Game of Thrones 7 episodes
    Genre: Fantasy, drama
    Enjoyed: Medieval atmosphere without being cheesy, Makes me wanna play Elder scrolls again!
    Rating: 8/10 thus far

Mad Men all 4 seasons
    Genre: Drama
    Enjoyed: Intriguing and very well written. The show taking place in a very authentic sixties environment is just perfect for this kind of drama. Who knew advertising could be this interesting?
    Rating: 9/10

Modern Family both seasons
    Genre: Comedy
    Enjoyed: Very smart and clever mockumentary style comedy. Brings up everyday issues in a not so everyday way.
    Rating: 10/10 This show couldn't have been done better in any way. It's simply flawless

Scrubs first 8 seasons
    Genre: Drama, comedy (hospital?)
    Enjoyed: My personal favorite among classic sitcoms. No canned laughter is a huge plus! JD and Turk may be the cutest couple ever aired.
    Rating: 8/10 Must admit that the last seasons wasn't quite as good as the first ones, but still good. Haven't watched the 9:th season and probably won't. Scrubs ain't scrubs without Zach Braff.

Skins (UK) first 4 seasons
    Genre: Comedy, Drama
    Enjoyed: A bunch of liberated teenagers doing drugs, partying and just doesn't seem to give a damn about almost anything. Almost makes me wish I grew up that way.
    Rating: Season 1&2, 9/10. Season 3&4 7/10 (different cast). There's a 5:th season too. Watched the first two episodes but didn't like it at all. (And don't get me started about the American version...)

The Sopranos all 6 seasons
    Genre: Crime, Drama
    Enjoyed: Brutal, raw story. The constant balance between family and business, mixed with personal problems makes the show enjoyable. Brilliant ending, might be my all-time favorite.
    Rating: 9/10, this show sets the standard for all upcoming gangster series, and won't be surpassed in a long time.

I just started Watching Arrested Development and 30 Rock, and will start with Californication and Shameless (both UK&US versions) asap.
    I'll be back with a few more reviews soon

House M.D. 10/10
    Dexter 9/10
    Prison Break 9/10