Video game themed food ideas! I need them!

So I'm planning on doing an epic meal time style party this summer, and I'm going to theme all the food around video games, as most of the people that will be there are gamers. I'm thinking retro gaming stuff like mario, donkey kong, zelda, megaman, etc. Nothing like Metal gear solid or halo.

So far on the menu I have:

Pokeball sliders: Home-made buns painted with red food coloring to make the top bun red, the patties will be the black line in the center, and the bottom bun can just be left plain.

Mario coin sugar cookies: Oval shaped sugar cookies glazed in yellow icing with the center oval drawn in black frosting.

Triforce Calzone: 3 enormous triangular calzones, painted with yellow food coloring or possibly just with food coloring mixed into the dough, each with different fillings(one pepperoni and mozzarella, one hawaiian style with pineapple, ham, and mozzarella, and one with bbq chicken) crimped together at the edges into one huge delicious triforce.

Donkey Kong Barrel Cake: 8 1-1/4" thick 10" wide circular layer cakes, 2 chocolate, 2 white, 2 strawberry, and 2 banana, stack on top of each other, carved into a barrel shape, covered in chocolate icing and the donkey kong logo written in red and yellow icing.

Red, Blue, and Green potion: Hawaiian punch, Ice blue raspberry lemonade, and Limeade.

Kirby Cream Puffs: Pink Cream puffs stuffed with either boston cream, whipped cream, or chocolate mousse, with black icing for eyes/mouth.

Metroid Prime Bacon Morph Ball Bomb Fritters: Bacon fritters, adding a little red/orange food coloring, and sticking in a little piece of scallion on each side for the green circular bits.

Sonic Golden Onion Rings: Fresh vidalia onions dipped in home made beer batter and deep fried.

This is all I've thought of so far. I would absolutely love to hear any ideas people may have for this amazing event! Please give me any input of things you think would be cool, delicious, just plain awesome.

*disclaimer* There will be a lot of minors at this event so unfortunately we can't have excessive alcohol use, so please leave any suggestions like that at the door. Thanks!
    Last edited by garshmog; 2011-05-25 at 12:09 AM.

Well since it's Mario ... Probably something with mushrooms ... ... gonna leave that up to you though !

Those are all great ideas, you should take pictures when you have them all done, I'd love to see how it all looks.

You need Kirby cream puffs! Can't have a feast without anything Kirby involved. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Those are all great ideas, you should take pictures when you have them all done, I'd love to see how it all looks.

You need Kirby cream puffs! Can't have a feast without anything Kirby involved. :O
    Absolutely! I'll be taking lots of pictures and possibly making a video of the event. Oooooh cream puffs... not a bad idea at all! I'll brainstorm a bit and see what i can come up with!

Yes something with mushrooms would be good too, I was thinking of stuffing one of the calzones with blue cheese and mushrooms but that might be too fancy for some people.

Or get big old tomatoes and write the letter M on them for maximum tomatoes, though, I don't know if anyone would just pick up a whole tomatoe and eat it without anything, so I shall stick with the creampuff idea.

Added the cream puff idea ^^ that was fantastic, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by garshmog View Post
    Added the cream puff idea ^^ that was fantastic, thank you!
    You're welcome!
    I'll have to ponder a bit for some more, maybe you could do something with the Yoshi eggs from Yoshi's Island, perhaps boiled eggs or something with the green spots on them? Not sure how to make boiled eggs more appealing, though, heh.

Not much of a cook so dunno if itd be good another idea from super mario could be some sort of star shaped rice cake? just throwin it out there

It's the cake from Portal!

Added Metroid Prime Bacon Morph Ball Bomb Fritters! Tell me what you guys think!

Not sure about the eggs...my girlfriend is coming and she is a bit sickened by eggs as of late. I'm going to try and keep them out of the picture. But thanks for the suggestion!

I think I may have enough sweets, and since I have cake already I'm thinking I may not use the cupcakes, but again I appreciate the input!

To be honest I'm not even sure how to make rice cakes, but thanks for the idea!

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 08:12 PM ----------

Added Sonic Golden Onion Rings. I think I may have enough things on my menu now, but I'd still love to hear more suggestions!

Deleted
    I usually make Pacman out of oven roasted potatoes + make the little characters out of sausages.
    + make a cake of your liking and draw a tic tac toe on top of it with whipped cream

Deleted
    Croc Puffs (forgot the name of these little critters) Meatballs: roll a meatball, put eyes and feet on it, sort of like a kirby only then they're hairy, don't have any mouth and are brown/orange

substitute for those meatballs could be that hairy food shaped like a ball with hair (or was it spikes?) all over it's shell, don't know the name, then with some eyes and feet on them, that would be one for the fruit/vegetable plate.

or isn't Croc retro enough?

Otherwise I was thinking something along the lines of either the Great Fox or one of those fighters from Star Fox, not sure what you could do with that concept though.