Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Death, a inevitable that we all must face. How do you face it?

Death, in the basic meaning is this:

the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism. Compare brain death.

But in every society, it has a deeper meaning than what a Dictionary will tell you. Every Religious man believes a life after it. Every philosopher tries to understand it. Scientist try to delay it. But in the end we all must meet it, it is inevitable.

With that said. Do you fear your own mortality? Do you fear for what you will face afterwards? Do you fear for what will happen to your friends and family? Do you fear it at all?

I'm more worried about the five or so minutes preceding death.

Especially if I get mauled by wolves or fall into a gigantic breadmaking vat or get pulled apart by a black hole or have sudden-onset sepsis (and my organs just suddenly start turning into black sludge in a painful way) or inhale hot glass or get burned alive or get chased around by people who I thought were my friends (kind of an impromptu Most Dangerous Game sort of deal, an innocent hunting trip gone wrong) or slowly crushed by means of a massive millstone or I tumble into a kiddie pool full of bleach or get stuck in an avalanche or get a catheter but the nurse accidentally sends a bunch of venomous scorpions up there in my joy tube or my sternum slowly and carefully gets ground into my heart but I die super slowly or also uhh uhh I sever my femoral arteries while masturbating in an S&M game (an innocent sex dungeon gone wrong) or I get my head stuck in an ebola-laced Thanksgiving turkey or I fall into the machine that they make Fig Newtons in 'cause I bet that's no picnic or hmm what else anyhow I'm not so much afraid of death as I am afraid of dying, you feel me?
    twenty-four hour skeleton power

10+ Year Old Account
    Death is the one real truth in this world, yet there's so much fear of it. There's no way of escaping it, so why fear it at all? Just accept that one day, one way or another, we all die. It makes life much more simple.

Irrational fear of death is what also strengthned the role of religion.

There's no point in fearing something so inevitable. The only thing that scares me is the process of dying. A quiet and peaceful death doesn't frighten me, but drowning or suffocating does.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol@death, im counting on technology to advance fast enough within my lifetime for there to be true immortality
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    There's no point in fearing something so inevitable. The only thing that scares me is the process of dying. A quiet and peaceful death doesn't frighten me, but drowning or suffocating does.
    also falling down on a circular saw so it cuts your guts up but you die from bleeding and trauma all slow like

that would suck
    twenty-four hour skeleton power

Deleted
    I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of death, however I have accepted the fact that I will, and everyone I know will at some point cease to exist, as for an after life, I have yet make my mind up. I do however have no fear about leaving loved ones behind when my time is up.

I'm a badass that's ready to die.

Also drowning is actually really "nice".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instinc...wning_response

The way drowning is portrayed is inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Deleted
    Bring it on tbh. Not exactly going to plan my life around it though, I hear it'll come anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been dead on the inside for years... jk.

If there is something after, I'll deal with it when I get there.

If there is nothing. I won't have the capacity to care, so it won't bother me.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

10+ Year Old Account
    We all will die some day so just deal with it and try to find a way for you to make peace with yourself before you go.

Death is easy, i am more worried about life. That some day i will suffer a lot or something.
    About afterwards i dont know if it exists an after life but i hope so. It really sucks to live lets say 80 years and then you become nothing. I hope thers girls and wow in the other side.

I think i'll quote magus from chrono trigger on this
    "If my destiny is to die, I must simply laugh."
    I don't fear death, it happens to us all, but once you die, you just rot in the ground. So sad.
    Not that it really matters, I won't be thinking about how sad it is to die once i'm dead. Because I won't be able to think at all, because I am dead.

Deleted
    I died a little the first time I heard "Friday", it didn't feel nice.

On a more serious note; I don't fear death itself, but I fear the process I will encounter right before my death. I honestly don't want to spend the last days of my life in a hospital bed, I don't want to die from a painful heart attack or the like. All I wish for is that I am happy and die in my sleep, so I don't feel a thing. Getting older sucks.

Everyone dies eventually, why stress over it?

Idk about you guys but i don't plan on dieing why? because im infamous and famous my story will live long after im gone

I am afraid of what happens after death tbh, the idea of just ceasing to exist is hard to picture or accept. Maybe it is irrational, but there is not much I can do to convince myself otherwise.

Death is something i accepted at a young age. i have no fears of death, for i do not regret anything in my life, nor do i worry about things out of my control. I will die, i cannot change that, so why worry about it?

I've almost died enough times that I would welcome it at this point.