Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spore. (What should I be expecting?)

So I just Bought Spore. Don't know why. Just part of my randomness.

As I sit back and watch the installation bar move slowly across my screen, I realize something. I have no idea what to expect from this game. Is it something that I will beat in a day, and then be bored again? Or is this something I can play time and time again between raiding on my main?

Any kind of review or opinion on this game will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Your friendly resto Shaman,

Cheddabezze

Deleted
    From what I've heard, a large amount of dissapointment. Sorry, but apparently it suffers from ''All talk, no walk''. I.E. illusions of choice, limited ability to really impact your creatures evolution, etc etc.

Deleted
    Same here, played it a little for 1 week, haven't touched it since.

Wonderful.

Deleted
    Yeah sorry for the bad news lol, it was quite fun for that week though

Shouldve gotten Darkspore

It's so-so. It looked fun for a good while and then I finally tried it out. Disappointing. Yeah, starting out at the very beginning is neat and fun for a little, but it lacks...oomph. There's great customization, but you can only get that customization near the end of that phase. And then once that's done, the customization goes away until later. The final phase is lack luster, it seems out of place of the rest of the game, almost unfinished.

Tried my best to not reveal any spoilers.

It's a good game to burn a few hours and make a few neat things, but nothing really that great.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Amiolas/simple
    ^^^click this link to see my awesome warlock ^^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    From what I've heard, a large amount of dissapointment. Sorry, but apparently it suffers from ''All talk, no walk''. I.E. illusions of choice, limited ability to really impact your creatures evolution, etc etc.
    This. I don't think a game has ever met fewer of my expectations. It was such a tremendous tremendous let down. It is fun for a couple hours then it is just... I uninstalled it and haven't played since 3 days after release. Hope you didn't pay more than $10-20, but no way is it more than that still.

Deleted
    best part is where you can create your creatures, once you evolve to a point where your a spacefaring civilization then it quickly becomes very very dull.

Say Hi to Steve for me

Expect 4 mini-games, and a fair bit of disappointment. I was hoping for much more when I first got it.

It was fun for a little bit, but it got old. After awhile it just oozes disappointment. The company doesn't even bother with it anymore.

If you happen to be bored, you can start it up again and just start building random creatures. Kinda entertaining. It kinda like the Sims and building houses.

I absolutely love the game until the Space part. The Cell stage and Civilization stage are a hell of a lot of fun.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Problem was, it was overhyped. It never delivered on that hype.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The first phases are fun, but are over too quick, then you are stuck in the space-phase for ages which is incredible bad.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The cool thing about Spore I guess, is that each phase is a different kind of game. The first reminds you of a flash game or an old video arcade type of game, the next is a third person walk-n-talk with some fighting, then comes the two rts faces, one a age of empires 1 kind of rts, the other a more modern day rts. Then comes the awful space-phase which is a kind of flying rts crap thing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    So I just Bought Spore. Don't know why. Just part of my randomness.

As I sit back and watch the installation bar move slowly across my screen, I realize something. I have no idea what to expect from this game. Is it something that I will beat in a day, and then be bored again? Or is this something I can play time and time again between raiding on my main?

Any kind of review or opinion on this game will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Your friendly resto Shaman,

Cheddabezze
    You should try Darkspore instead. It's based off the same technology and made by the same people.

Spore is fun and all, but it gets boring quick. They have this great idea, and they don't really do anything with it.

Darkspore does something with it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I agree.

But well, the Cell stage is pretty much just a simple flash game. (I think anyway, haven't played it since release)
    What I love about it is that there is always something bigger than you, and there is always some way you can die. Not to mention you can farm the hell out of Evolution points and deck out your organism in the next phase.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cute for awhile . The best aspect of it though is the creature creator...awesome tool. From what i have seen there may be a mmo coming out....Darkspore that might be interesting.

I enjoyed it. Had a space-faring species that spanned about 30 or 40 stars, then it got really boring. Seemed all I was doing was running around putting out "fires" from other races trying to keep them happy. So I destroyed any and all who threatened me, then got my butt handed to me by the.... oh wait. I won't spoiler it for you.

Even modding the spore out of it, it still added one or two more weeks of interest...
    end of line it sux because ea killed it not maxis, he split from ea aftwr spore
    they kill every good game they get ie cnc 4 it just is bad bad
    Dont go to the core, its not worth it
    Last edited by Sableye; 2011-05-25 at 03:11 AM.