Ideal party for mario rpg legend fo the 7 stars

so i just picked up toadstool, since she can heal the party should i drop geno or bowser for her? what party do you guys prefer and why?

Mario, Bowser & Peach ftw.

i was considering kicking out bowser and keeping geno for his geno boost so i could have a mario on steroids lol. but maybe your right, it sucks you can only have 3 people out in a battle theyre all kick ass characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario, Bowser, and Peach are definitely the intended end game party set up, however Geno will be invaluable to you during Culex!

Damn good memories.. I'll have to find my old super nintendo one day, or maybe use an emulator.

Mario and Bowser have the highest Attack/Defense in the game at maximum level. Peach is the best caster in the game. Period.

For Culex, you'll need Mario, Peach, and Geno. Geno's high magic resistance and "Geno Flash" spell are very useful for that fight. Peach has the highest magic resistance in the game, and her heals WILL BE NEEDED. Mario is there to soak some damage and blow up some crystal bitches with his special attacks.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

so go with mario bowser peach from star road and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    For Culex, you'll need Mario, Peach, and Geno
    Meh, I did it with Mario, Peach & Bowser and remember not getting hurt at all really, lol.

Mario/Geno/Peach is the best set up. Despite Bowser being awesome, his weapons, and armor, are godawful, and near the end of the game it really shows =/

You can still use Bowser to beat the game, he's just not as strong as the other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Meh, I did it with Mario, Peach & Bowser and remember not getting hurt at all really, lol.
    It depends what level you do it at. I did it as quickly as possible (level 10), and it was difficult, but very entertaining. I wish they would develop something like that for the Wii.

And no, Paper Mario =/= Super Mario RPG.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Well, I'm glad no one suggested Mallow. For some reason, in the player's guide I had, he was suggested to keep as a healer, but Peach is a way better healer. Mallow is garbage.

Basically, take Peach. Then either take Bowser or Geno. Geno can do 9999 damage on trash, but I think Bowser ends up being better on the fights that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Well, I'm glad no one suggested Mallow. For some reason, in the player's guide I had, he was suggested to keep as a healer, but Peach is a way better healer. Mallow is garbage.

Basically, take Peach. Then either take Bowser or Geno. Geno can do 9999 damage on trash, but I think Bowser ends up being better on the fights that matter.
    Lets not forget Geno's Hax Whirl on Exor

Edit: Also, since this topic seems the go-to fun the SMRPG fans, I found this friggin hilarious

Last edited by Underskilled; 2011-05-25 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used Mario, Peach, Geno. Sometimes Mallow but only when I have to.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    It depends what level you do it at. I did it as quickly as possible (level 10), and it was difficult, but very entertaining. I wish they would develop something like that for the Wii.

And no, Paper Mario =/= Super Mario RPG.
    Aw, whats wrong with Paper Mario? I think its a good series and stands up pretty well with Mario RPG. /flameshield

Well, the Wii Paper Mario was a platformer, which made me very sad.