Best way to do ret 4 pc bonus

Hey just curious what the commonly accepted best way was to achieve the 4 pc bonus for a ret paladin? Whats your 5th BiS piece? If you check the link to my gear you will see I'm not hit or expertise capped and thats okay for me right now because I'm not raiding in this spec at all, just having fun in ZA/ZG dungeons. However there may be a time when I do raid in it and even if not, doing killer dps in ZA/ZG is fun too. (I'm at the lvl 87 hit and expertise cap though, though a hair below on the expertise cap).

10+ Year Old Account
    The "best way" assumig best in slot gear etc. Is to use chest head pants gloves, and your shoulders would be the heroic pauldrons from hailfus.. But if you don't raid often I would say get 4pc asap because it is a solid dps increase and killing net and chogall in pugs doesn't happen too often.

Rule of thumb for any class deciding on their non-set slot is to look at the stat spread on the pieces, and eliminate the one that's itemized the worst. If you have 2 such pieces amongst your 5, you then look at what you have available in non-set pieces for those 2 slots, and the best itemized non-set piece becomes your offset piece and you wear tier in the other slot to keep your 4pc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Royals is quite correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhustle View Post
    Royals is quite correct.
    /highfive Whitely

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhustle View Post
    Royals is quite correct.
    Royals is incorrect. As has been proven by many extensive sims, best in slot for humans and dwarves is legs, gloves, chest, shoulders and the helm from Cho'gall. By using the tier helm as either of these races you are stuck with extra expertise that you can't do anything with. Our weapon specs make us special snowflakes.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

For casuals, the first 4 pieces you can get is optimal. Considering the relative difficulty of Cho and Nef on reg mode, that's probably going to be the 3 VP pieces and the shoulders. Al'akir tokens, much like the boss himself, are totally random and impossible to plan way ahead for.

P.S. Prentice, shoulder tier is BiS for humans only, Dwarf doesn't get expertise from swords. Or perhaps you're forgetting Ashkandi exists? :P
    Gotta love the drop rate...
    Last edited by Ciah; 2011-05-25 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Doh!! Yup. The dwarf thing was indeed a brainfart.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Doh!! Yup. The dwarf thing was indeed a brainfart.
    SON I AM DISAPOINT

It depends on your raiding situation, but both answers are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    SON I AM DISAPOINT

It depends on your raiding situation, but both answers are here.
    You ain't allowed to be disappoint with me without an active account, bro. Get at me.

Looked at my bnet last night. 4 MONTHS!!!