Holy and CS + my future

Nobody ever seems to know that holy has actually 2 HP generating abilities. I don't know what pvp as a holy pally is like at 85 but at 70 in mostly BC greens I still seem to find the time to use CS to increase my HP generation and pending level 75 Ill be getting Glyph of Ascetic Crusader to reduce the punch to my mana. Also staying at melee range seems natural as I dont have the ret talents to increase judgment's range.

There is also a lot of whining about how terrible holy is in pvp and I dont see a problem at the moment with survivability. Do we just die faster at higher levels or am I missing something because even with my crappy gear I dont have a problem surviving accept maybe a disc priest that will mana lock me from range while melee beat me to death? maybe we just dont have enough throughput at 85 because our heals are gimped compared to every one elses?

If anyone can allude to answers I would be appreciative.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not 85 yet, so many things will be different then.

1. I know many holy paladins who heals in melee. Melee hits = SoI procs = mana return. CSing in melee is not wrong. As long as you are sure that GCD isn't required to heal someone.

2. When people say pvp, they almost always mean arena. Holy's main weakness is being too susceptible to crowd controls (periods when you cannot control your character). Every other healer has some healing that goes on while they are stunned, feared, rooted out of LoS, etc. Some kind of HoTs, or maybe a damage-reducing reactive proc. Holy paladins have ZERO healing output while CCed. All our spells are big, direct heals, so if we're out of the picture, our partners get zero heals.

3. And yes, at low levels, some of your abilities may do more damage/healing proportions than at 85.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mana costs at low level even at 84 are world of different to 85 where it takes a giant leap, I in PvE raids I use CS to gain HoPo as holy when a quick burst is needed (usually followed by light of dawn AoE healing multiple targets).