Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.2: "Shadowfiend now uses the ‘Assist’ pet stance functionality"

So, in patch 4.2 "Shadowfiend now uses the ‘Assist’ pet stance functionality."

Does anyone know how this will affect my use of it? At the moment I simply have a boss or mob targeted when I summon the fiend, and the fiend automatically attacks.

Will I need to do anything annoying like having to press a Pet Attack button after this change?

Deleted
    well if thats the case, marco it ?

what will happen it will change targets as soon as you start atting your new target,that is awesome when you need to change target quickly (omnitron) and you dont need be bothered using any macros or pet commands to change targets

simply said:it will always att your target you att atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Will I need to do anything annoying like having to press a Pet Attack button after this change?
    No, you can put it in Agressive stance when you're on a dummy, and it will be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynixx View Post
    simply said:it will always att your target you att atm
    Well the point is I'm not attacking a target, I'm healing people.

---------- Post added 2011-05-25 at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    No, you can put it in Agressive stance when you're on a dummy, and it will be that way.
    If it remembers Aggressive stance forever, that would be ok. If it resets to "assist" when the pet dies, that would be very annoying. I guess I'll have to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can make a macro to have it attack the target of your target. or basically an assist macro. That way, if I have a melee targeted, and I press my shadowfiend macro, it attacks the boss/add or w/e it is that person is atttacking. I'm not sure how this will tie into the assist feature, but I'm hoping nothing super changes.

You guys should look at this thread. I will quote the macro that I use from this page:

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm]Shadowfiend
    /petattack [harm][target=targettarget,harm]
    /cast [harm][target=targettarget,harm]Shadowcrawl

This will summon your pet if you dont have one, if your target is hostile pet will attack it. If target is friendly (the tank you are healing) your pet will attack his target. Also initiates a shadowcrawl cast. Amazing macro, imo.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

Excellent, thanks! If I have problems, I will use that macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Aggressive stance is being taken out for the Assist stance. There will be no aggressive option. Your best option would be to place it on Defensive and make a /petattack macro into your spells (such as your shadowfiend spell, just smack it 2-3 times while you target something, and you'll be fine).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoylie View Post
    Aggressive stance is being taken out for the Assist stance. There will be no aggressive option. Your best option would be to place it on Defensive and make a /petattack macro into your spells (such as your shadowfiend spell, just smack it 2-3 times while you target something, and you'll be fine).
    I really don't read this change as meaning our SF will now have the passive, aggressive, and defensive modes that hunter pets do rather that they will assist off of us the like hunter pets assist. Basically they will attack what we are attacking and when we switch they will switch as well.

Deleted

Angry

What worries me a bit is if we cannot disable the "assist" mode and go for a "passive" mode. Its not all thwart uncommon that I send my fiend to attack another target then what I am attacking (when killing adds for example).

On my hunter that doesn't worry me, cause I can always choose passive, but not sure how it willwork for priests.

This should help

Pets
    The Aggressive pet stance has been removed and replaced with the Assist stance. This stance will cause the player's pet to attack the player's target. The pet will not change targets unless the master attacks a new target for a few seconds.

Simply put if the target is hostile it will hit it.

This won't make a difference in PvE at all and hardly at all in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    am i the only one that find this annoying? what if you're multidotting targets? he's going to continue to move from one to the other causing him to get less hits which equals less damage and mana replenishment for us.......or am i looking too much into this
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelhips View Post
    This won't make a difference in PvE at all and hardly at all in PvP.
    It will if you're a healer.

Before the change: You target a mob, summon fiend, it attacks automatically and you get mana.
    After the change: You target a mob, summon fiend, and it stands there like a lemon and you don't get mana.

That's a pretty big change.

Defensive stance ftw? I mean then it attacks when you take damage...

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Defensive stance ftw? I mean then it attacks when you take damage...
    Shadowfiends only last for 15 seconds. Hardly worth it in that small window of time to wait to maybe take damage so that it will start attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assist stance is just a failure, they should've kept Aggressive stance instead of making things more complicated and having to use macros.

Deleted
    Just use the Petattack Shortcut ffs one more button smash wont kill anyone

Deleted
    /cast Shadowfiend
    /petattack
    /cast [pet] Shadowcrawl

Pick a target which lives 15+ seconds.