Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Russians, slovakia etc = cold war, nukes etc - amazing accents and always have shaved heads;

Iraq, middle east = taliban, terrorists - talk in jibberish and wear towels on their heads;

China, North korea Asia etc = WW2 usually - scream, make words up and cant walk in straight lines;

Thats usually how the categories fall, and thats usually how we end up with the stories for the games;
    I used to have a signature, then a mod removed it ^^

Deleted
    Well imo after 1 million games showing US as the hero in WW2 (medal of honor series has been going on for longer than the actual war) i think its about time we move a couple of decades forward to the cold war. in 25 years we will see games on Iraq/Afghanistan for another couple of decades then who knows im pretty sure there will be a new war in 40 years that developers without a shred of imagination can make games on.

Deleted
    Slightly off topic fact...

Green Beret (side scrolling platform game from around 1985) was originally released in the arcades as "Rush 'n Attack"

One of the most blatent "Russia is the enemy" titles ever

Spetsnaz just sounds so damn cool. Also their apparel in games is pretty awesome + cool accents. and who doesn't love the ak-47?
    Generally if it isn't WWII, vietnam, aliens or zombies then its likely the russians are the baddies.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2011-05-25 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkeltoe View Post
    OP never played:
    Wolf 3D
    Spear of Destiny
    Return to castle Wolfenstein
    Counterstrike
    Half Life
    Resistence fall of Man
    Halo
    Bulletstorm
    Bioshock
    Clive Barkers Jericho & Undying
    Crysis
    Doom
    Duke nukem
    Fear
    Far cry
    etc etc ????????

Maybe my definition of always is off but it doesn't sound like always....
    okay, so I missinterptreted the ALWAYS part, yish <.<
    all I'm saying it that more popular shooter games these days are the ones with VS Russia

btw, I did play Bioshock

because Russians are an enemy worthy of respect
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2011-05-25 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted
    i also don't get why germans are the enemys in every ww2-shooter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    North Koream vietnam and those terrorist organisations don't pose a real threat to USA's existence as a country.
    Vietnam wont care since they already beat the crap out of the US, bit I'd say that North Korea poses quite a significant threat since they've got a madman with access to nukes in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    i also don't get why germans are the enemys in every ww2-shooter.
    No, troll, japanese are also popular in those.

I know right? And whats with all the hate on Nazis? I mean, it seems that every Medal Of Honor game up to the latest one was all about fighting Germans in the World war 2 period. Whats with that?

Its almost like they designed a series of games where the bad guys led on from each other. Almost to seem like a continuation of the story...

(this post is under the assumption that the OP is refering to the CoD:MW3 trailers)
    Where I come from, fag means cigarette.

Deleted
    Well for stuff based on the cold war it makes sense, but not now really.

I guess they want to make stuff realistic, and they think Russia is the only US competition. Which is untrue obviously, Russia doesn't spend anywhere near what the USA does, I believe half of the entire worlds military spending is done by the USA, so a fair match up would be USA against everyone else. Doubt that game would sell well anywhere else though.

But I don't want to play FPS's that people can imagine happening in real life anyway. Give me my lifebar back.

If it was only Russia. These kind of games are made by US devs for US market most of the time. You fight Rus, Viet, Afgh..
    New generation is growing up with propaganda crap thrown at them all the time.. how many games so far are based around about US being attacked by whoever and you fight like a hero on main soil?? Please...

It's same nonsense and junk in many different packages.

This topic is more retarded than most of the crap nowdays. Thay attack us coz they jelly of our freedum.
    Games reflect the mentality of people and what kind of crap they're into.

Back to you, Herp Derp.

Deleted
    cuz your army is the most evil army in the world and i love it ^^,

Deleted
    In soviet russia, USA is antagonist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iHeal View Post
    In soviet russia, USA is antagonist!
    It took 54 posts by my god we got there in the end laddies and gentlemen!

Whoever said the reason the US lost Vietnam was because of china, is a lost cause.

You know I wouldn't mind a Ghost Recon like game focused on killing someone in the US government before he/she mind controls the whole damn nation.

Deleted
    Splinter Cell: Conspiracy

Anyway, it can't always be nazi zombies with laserbeams shooting from their filthy mouths. The USA vs Belgium would be funny too, them vs our whole airforce of like 8 F16's. Gametime, 3 minutes, 2 minutes intro, 30 seconds credits.

The thing I find ironic is that in these games, you're the lone wolf against an entire army of well equipped Russians/Germans/Whatever.
    Yet, as pointed out in this thread, America spends more on their military than any other country. So why not reverse roles?

You're the lone wolf soldier from Europe/Russia/China/Whatever who in a near future (say 12 years, that way we can assure America will have a new president) has to stop the power hungry America from becoming the dictator over the world (the same type they had fought against in the past).
    I don't see any real problem with making America the threat, as long as there is a second other (smaller) threat somewhere else (most games have these anyway) and of course don't make too many real world references (IE: don't make a carbon copy of LA where you can shoot innocent people).

10+ Year Old Account
    Because in Soviet Russia, game plays you!

Now jokes aside... The Cold War has not ended yet... The fall of USSR means nothing, the CW rages on even today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm srsly tired of the U.S being shown always as the "savior of the world"... I know that they have done alot of good things, but on the other side, they have done almost equal amount of bad things. And the attitude that most americans have towards other countries is just terrible. Some people don't even know where Europe is or how many world wars there has been

With the debt USA owns to China is just huuuuuge. The money could have been spent on something else than just military equipment. Since I live next to Russia and have studied it's history quite a bit, I can say that it aint as bad as ppl seem to think

But anyway USA is a great place, and I'd rly want to visit there some day. Go Conan <3