Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    U.S Death Spree includes - Vietnam, Afghanistan, Bolivia, Iraq, Dropping 2 Nukes on Japan, Carpet Bombing Tokyo.

Yeap they Sure are less bloodthirsty then them there Russians in the last 50 years.
    Lol are you going to compare dropping bombs in war to marching into a villiage and slaughtering everyone there because they are minorly different from you? Please learn to think before speaking/typing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustle8 View Post
    In Soviet Russia, video game plays you.
    OMG, i almost sprayed coke all over my monitor. Thank you. :-D

Because killing someone from "allied countries" would be politically incorrect, and someone could get pissed off. Also, they need to fuel hate in young generation of electorate.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    Because america has wet dreams about winning the cold war. They make the games to live out thier fantasy of defeating the Russians and making up for thier history of failure and being the butt of the world.
    Last time I studied history, America DID win the cold war. Not from superior weaponry, skilled troops, or excellent leadership. Russia got poor. LAWL! :-D

Deleted
    The amount of games where you fight russians is still far lower than the games where you fight nazis.

I get it, the nazis were bad, we dont need a quadrillion games to kill em.

---------- Post added 2011-05-25 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Starskee View Post
    Lol are you going to compare dropping bombs in war to marching into a villiage and slaughtering everyone there because they are minorly different from you? Please learn to think before speaking/typing.
    How dare he compare killing millions of civilians with nukes with manually slaughtering a village of what, 300 people?
    OUTRAGEOUS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustle8 View Post
    In Soviet Russia, video game plays you.
    Lol that just never gets old!

Quote Originally Posted by Linaver View Post
    What the hell was that about anyway? I don't buy that US had to drop freaking NUKES to force to surrender on a country with destroyed navy, horrible training and no way of harming the USA. Blockade the.. island maybe? Sit back and wait it out .. OR, you know, be the first country to use nukes with zero threat to it's own soil.

Oh and they dropped two of them. Mkay.
    Hind-sight is 20/20. It's easy for us now to say this, but militaries, politics and the world has changed quite a bit since then. A nuke with the power that was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki isn't really all that different from heavy carpet bombing...which had been done by every party in the war for it's duration.

Put yourself in their shoes. Read through some of the statistics of the invasion of Okinawa, multiply them all by 50 for the invasion of main land Japan. Imagine the world had just fought an immense war that had destroyed entire countries and killed millions of people...and you had the chance to end it immediately. Wouldn't you do it?

The Japanese culture at the time dictated the immorality of surrender, and simply blockading the island wouldn't have done anything. It's not a castle, it's a nation and that wouldn't of ended anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    We all love that accent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    China uses really old Russian tech and would be destroyed by the US.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mber_of_troops
    good luck with half the troops and thats not counting conscription.
    The real reason for Japan's surrender
    2 nukes says HAI!
    American Navy is unmatched and any gun can kill so I cant compare that. The US also never agreed with the UN to ban incendiary weapons.
    And China agreed? Very unlikely.

Read this completely than comment http://www.comw.org/cmp/

10+ Year Old Account
    It's classic red vs blue on a grand scale.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

lol, it's not just russia, every "former" enemy is killed in video games, from the nazis to the taliban...
    It's funny though that games that depict the death of allies alway cause a huge media response (here in Germany, and apparently also in the US). It's like "our lives are worth more than theirs" which counters every principal our western culture thinks it stands for. Also it totally counters freedom of expression, and freedom of art...

people seem to forget that a different political idea does not make people inherently criminal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMEANAME View Post
    Russians, slovakia etc = cold war, nukes etc - amazing accents and always have shaved heads;

Iraq, middle east = taliban, terrorists - talk in jibberish and wear towels on their heads;

China, North korea Asia etc = WW2 usually - scream, make words up and cant walk in straight lines;

Thats usually how the categories fall, and thats usually how we end up with the stories for the games;
    True that, but I have hair and I am from Slovakia. Never seen Slovakia being the "bad" country in video games either....

VEEARRII NAAIIC :P

OffT: Some of the people that post here really make me wish i lived in America *looks over at Fuger* I mean yeah national pride is good and all, but don't shove that shit in the faces of other. Video Games mean anything can happen, anyone could be the enemy, hell alternate timelines make some amazing story

OnT: The large history that exists with Russia is probably the main culprit. Although honestly i find most in game Russians way cooler than the other countries representation >.>

Deleted
    The main antagonist of war games are either Germany or Russia.
    Germany because of their WW1 and WW2 history.
    Russia because of the Cold War, WW2 and their fight for communism.
    Why these two? Well, Germany, Russia, Japan and Vietnam were the only big enemies of the US.
    But Germany was worse than Russia, so why not hate on the Germans? Because the deeds of WW2 are very taboo-ish. Germany is an Europian democracy now which means they are friends with Germany now. You can't insult your best friends, can you?
    But there is no war between Russia and the US so why do they hate on Russia and no one else? Because they are not in war, but they aren't the best friends either. And someone has to be the one who everyone bullies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the developers parents were reaganauts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Youtube and watch FPS Russia. And as always, have a nice day.