Seal of Righteousness for Prot now?

taken from the main site:

* Seal of Righteousness – now can be proc’d by any melee ability, not just single target melee abilities. This adds Hammer of the Righteous (the physical component) and Divine Storm to the list of abilities that can proc it. In addition, Seal of Righteousness procs can now crit.

* Glyph of Seal of Truth: The expertise bonus granted by this glyph now also works when Seal of Righteousness is active.

so the only thing that would've kept me back even in WotLK was the fact that you had 10 expertise for free. now that you can get it from righteousness makes me think i should switch to that permanently. Both options seem viable, it comes down to sustained threat on long fights versus burst threat i think.

what are your guys' thoughts on this?

Probably not. It only hits 2 extra targets and Avenger's Shield spreads Censure around very nicely with Seal of Truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar View Post
    taken from the main site:

* Seal of Righteousness – now can be proc’d by any melee ability, not just single target melee abilities. This adds Hammer of the Righteous (the physical component) and Divine Storm to the list of abilities that can proc it. In addition, Seal of Righteousness procs can now crit.

* Glyph of Seal of Truth: The expertise bonus granted by this glyph now also works when Seal of Righteousness is active.

so the only thing that would've kept me back even in WotLK was the fact that you had 10 expertise for free. now that you can get it from righteousness makes me think i should switch to that permanently. Both options seem viable, it comes down to sustained threat on long fights versus burst threat i think.

what are your guys' thoughts on this?
    I think Truth for single target is still going to be better but for sure,on aoe situations you are going to do more burst threat with SoR as prot.

Seals will only hit primary targets, but yes, for aoe tanking seal of "command" is back in the game. Seal of Truth will still be your single target threat seal though.
    Seal of Righteousness isn't as hard hitting as Seal of Truth once you have 5 stacks of it on your target, even if you're tanking 2 mobs id use seal of Truth because it's very simple to tab target or use nameplates to track how many stacks and timers of your seals. with 3/4+ mobs id use seal of "Command" though.

Deleted
    I guess no one bothers to read stuff properly..

Seal of Command is NOT back for Prot at all, the reason being Righteousness will trigger from HoTR (Physical component which hits 1 mob, the holy damage hits the rest and that doesn't proc righteousness) but it will not cleave to all in melee range as thats done through the "Seals of Command" talent in the Ret tree (requires 15 points) which Prot cannot access (unless blizz change it's position).

Seal of Righteousness only has one advantage over Seal of Truth and thats Judgement damage (although with how fast SoT stacks it's not even noticeable now).

The only way Righteousness would be back for prot is if blizz move Seals of Command (talent) higher in the tree. Give Prot a talent that makes it trigger from all hits on HoTR or if Blizzard decided to add a "high threat" component to the actual seal triggers for righteousness when RF is active.
    Last edited by mmoc5c883e5f63; 2011-05-25 at 12:26 PM.

Seal of Righteousness will be for Ret combined with Seal of Command talent for quick aoe pulls, other then that you always use Seal of Truth. This is just a aoe trash buff for ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    SoR still sucks for prot, I tested on PTR hits for ~300 which is less than even a single stack of Truth, add in that HoTR only hits with SoR once and we're still MUCH better off with Truth. All this buff does is makes Low level tanking marginally easier, not that it needed to be
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

don't you need the censure dot for threat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    don't you need the censure dot for threat?
    You don't need it, exactly, it's just that SoTruth and the Censure DoT that comes with it generate so much more threat (and damage, since every little bit helps) that it would be strange to not use it.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

The dot will still provide more threat, the glyph was not the reason we used SoT it was censure is more tps than SoR provides.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see SoR being of use in PvP (such as 2v2), but other than that SoT and tab-targeting/AS still does a better job overall.

SJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donthealme View Post
    The dot will still provide more threat, the glyph was not the reason we used SoT it was censure is more tps than SoR provides.
    Don't say that loud, or they'll nerf the tps from SoT down to the SoR level...