Poll: Which race will you choose?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    Just remeber. That while there are theoretical similarities between Paladin and Guardian they are two very very different classes.

A Paladin is a holy warrior who draws magical powers from divine entities for attack and defense.

A Guardian is a warrior schooled in the use of magic to support his physical capabillities. The magic in question comes from an as of yet unknown force not connected with any divine entity.
    True but they are very paladin like.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    True but they are very paladin like.
    Aesthetics aside, in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Aesthetics aside, in what way?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_guardian_skills

10+ Year Old Account
    Charr, Norn or Asura.

OK....
    So GW Monk and Ritualist skills reminds you of a Paladin?

Charr thief probably
    Maybe a human warrior/guardian too

OK....
    So GW Monk and Ritualist skills reminds you of a Paladin?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wrath

Hit your target with a ray of light

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Purifying_Light

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chains_of_Light

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flash_of_Light
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-29 at 05:38 PM.

Two downed skills

a cc skill

and a magic orb skill

I said that in what way, besides aesthetics, does it seem like a Paladin? Yes those named skills have the appearance of a holy warrior (or cleric, more apt term imo) but the actual skills are definitely more monk like.

Two downed skills

a cc skill

and a magic orb skill

I said that in what way, besides aesthetics, does it seem like a Paladin? Yes those named skills have the appearance of a holy warrior (or cleric, more apt term imo) but the actual skills are definitely more monk like.
    Trololololol, Kthxbai. Read through all the abilities. look at the combat. i feel sorry for you. also ignoring you so dont worry about replying.

In what world did a conversation become trolling?
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-05-29 at 06:01 PM.

Problem with GW is that there is no need for healers and tanks. Thats a choice the made but im a healer to the core. I love to heal. I dont like dps, i dont like tanking anymore. So none i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    Problem with GW is that there is no need for healers and tanks. Thats a choice the made but im a healer to the core. I love to heal. I dont like dps, i dont like tanking anymore. So none i guess.
    Play a support character? honestly iv been healing since vanilla, iv played all healers except for shaman. And as a healer exactly like the GW2 devs said, you sit there and look at peoples health 90% of the time and you don't actually get to see the fight as much. They call healing exactly what it is in other games, Whack-a-mole.

What about the more support options that are available? You can help others avoid damage and influence the battle with your support skills. It doesn't always have to be just healing. You might think about a water attuned elementalist, or staff or scepter focused guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Asura or Charr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I am always one of the first people to flame people talking about the next game that is coming being the WoW killer. TBH, I think guild wars 2, if it lives up to half the hype, is the first game to come out in the past 5 years that actually stands a chance at knocking WoW out of its position as the best MMO on the market.

Either way, I can't wait for the Beta. If I can't get into the Beta I guess I will have to buy the game when it drops.

No holy trinity. Content scaling. Dynamic combat. I can't wait!
    Eh?

No one says it's a WoW killer in this topic, just an interest of what people are going to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Eh?

No one says it's a WoW killer in this topic, just an interest of what people are going to play.
    Pretty much this, nobody has said its a wow killer besides press stuff like on MMORPG.com, but if it does push wow off its pedestal then cool, if it doesn't who cares, im still gonna play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So step up your game. You can still bring alot of healing support (which other people won't be interested in bringing), but you have to do more than just sit there and redbar.

It's really no different than WoW is today if you're really pushing your healer to the limit in Heroic dungeons. Sure, you can sit there doing nothing during damage lulls. You can also start flinging your free DPS spells, tossing out CC, debuffing things, and generally looking for any excuse you can to squeeze in a non-healing spell when you can get away with it — if nothing else, you make the run slightly faster, but more likely you actually make your own job easier.

All GW2 does is say, "You know, it's annoying how everyone has to rely on 1 person to keep them alive, and that 1 person has to take all the pressure if someone dies. Let's spread that burden out more evenly, and let that Healer person have more fun because they have more breathing room to use all their utility and offensive abilities without effectively murdering a group member due to being locked in a GCD when a damage spike comes in."

I've spent years avoiding healing in WoW because it felt so passive and awful, but the Cata changes and increased versatility in each spec have made me try it again and I'm quite enjoying it. Especially stuff like Wind Shear/Rebuke, Fury of Stormrage, and Evangelism/Atonement. I'm very excited by the direction GW2 is taking "healing" if they let you fulfill a definitive support role without being hamstrung into only one ability set.

--

All that said, I think alot of the blind enthusiasm for GW2 is coming from massive burn-out with WoW. GW2, like WAR, AoC, Aion, Rift, DCUO, and many others, is in the unfortunate position of being another Jesus for people that want an MMO in their life but are completely tired of WoW. It's being built up to levels I don't think it will be able to handle, and frankly — like all games — it may simply fall flat when all the developer pre-release hype falls away and it has to stand on actual gameplay.

I'm quite looking forward to it, but I'm not expecting miracles here. It will probably be an enjoyable game that can coexist with WoW, but it won't really replace it and may not even hold a candle to it in the end.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2011-05-29 at 06:38 PM.

Holy shiat, dem racials look awesome.
    Sylvari Thief now fo sho!

For one, DPS in GW won't be like DPS in WoW, and you can still be a "healer" to some extent. The difference is though, that you won't be stuck with only healing while still fulfilling your desired "role". You can simply be a supporter, using a Water Elementalist, summoning weapons for your allies, slowing mobs here and there and placing that healing rain down to heal ppl up. Or you play a Guardian, and fulfill a more "tanky/supportive" role, cleansing allies from debuffs, knocking enemies away from your teammates, or even block their path off completely.

Deleted
    I like the look of Asura. Charr look badass but you can guarantee at least 80% of the playerbase will be choosing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    I like the look of Asura. Charr look badass but you can guarantee at least 80% of the playerbase will be choosing them.
    Maybe but it's early days. I imagine that Charr as the first race ingame and first race we've seen significant amounts of will naturally have a higher percentage of the player base until more become available for the other races. My prediciton for Launch Day:

1st: Human
    2nd/3rd: Norn
    2nd/3rd: Charr
    4th: Asura
    5th: Sylvari