Deleted

Something wrong with xbox marketplace?

Xbox live marketplace is down.
    Has been down for at LEAST 6-7 hours with no content available atall.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/25/micr...tplace-outage/

Now, I wouldn't be posting this if it looked like simple maintenance, but it's been steadily deteriorating. At around 8am gmt it was only the marketplace menu's and actually downloading on the xbox interface that didn't work, you were still able to browse, que and buy things via the web options. Download history was available on the xbox.

Now however MUCH of the content in the web marketplace is simply missing and all the of the download history in both the web and xbox menu's are all "Content no longer available". Account membership information is also unavailable on the xbox menus.

As the "statement" pretty much says nothing it makes you wonder...

EDIT: All the other on-line features are working fine, for the moment! *dundunDUN*

EDIT 2: Just tried refreshing the download history page, then backing out and trying it again, both times met with: Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

---------- Post added 2011-05-25 at 04:33 PM ----------

Things seem to be disappearing from the marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Games/All?xr=shellnav

On the left there are only about 150 games listed in the genres.
    Actually, 85 games, total. 1 - 30 of 85
    Might be just re-ordering them for the update soon *pray*

---------- Post added 2011-05-25 at 04:39 PM ----------

Tried to go into account management on xbox.
    Didn't even load no information, popup appeared with "Could not retrieve information from xbox live".

---------- Post added 2011-05-25 at 05:36 PM ----------

Everything except A-Z menus seem to be working fine for me now, for the moment.
    Things got really freaky for a while.
    Still very few games on marketplace online.

Everything working past 6pm-ish.
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2011-05-25 at 10:48 PM.

My Xbox is saying there's a system update. Looks like updates incoming. Looks like a really big update.

Many of the games had to be updated to Microsoft's new 4.1 LIVE platform.

Everything is fine, its just swapping to an upgraded system.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    dvd driver are being updated soon for their new system with a new kind of dvd that should work on almost all (yes unfortunately i said almost).

nothing wrong with mine, even downloading Daggerdale trial .
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-05-25 at 10:21 PM.

In before Sony fanboys.

Like people have said, microsoft is probally just upgrading their stuff.
    Anyone know if this new 4.1 live update thing is going to be as big a change as some of there other updates (Changing the Dashboard and stuff)

Deleted
    There have been some reports of the previous updates breaking consoles, the good news is it's old ones and if it's found to have been caused by the update they replace it with a 250gb slim

http://forum.xbox-sports.com/showthread.php?t=11758
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2011-05-25 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    There have been some reports of the previous updates breaking consoles, the good news is it's old ones and if it's found to have been caused by the update they replace it with a 250gb slim

http://forum.xbox-sports.com/showthread.php?t=11758
    I was hoping my Xbox broke because of this update. Im still using the 20gb model. Would have loved a free 250gb slim

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    I was hoping my Xbox broke because of this update. Im still using the 20gb model. Would have loved a free 250gb slim
    My old 20gb one died after a couple of years and so got a 60gb one... was hoping the update had killed this one too ^^.

Marketplace still seems a bit buggy here and there, bought DnD on the web thing, went to download it on xbox and said can't download. Went to download history on xbox, selected DnD and it asked for me to pay for it again... crapped my pants.

Went to history on web, qued it again and working fine now.