10+ Year Old Account

Looking forward to Firelands?

I'm honestly not. Yeah, it's Ragnaros, he was cool back at 60, and we know he's an elemental lord, meh, I'd rather kill Therazane. Oooo, Fandral...no wait...his lore kinda sucks, if we're gonna kill night-elves-gone-bad, lets take on Queen Azshara. Toss in some random other fire-based monsters, meh, okay, honestly I'm not trying to QQ, I'd love to be excited about this content patch, but honestly I just can't seem to find any love for it. More daily quests? Wheee because ya know after grinding up rep with 6 different factions I really want to do it with one more.

So tell me truly, are you looking forward to Firelands? If so: why, why not?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Yeah I'll definitely want to try out some of those bosses based on what I read in the Journal. Whether I'll have the time to commit to raiding is another story entirely. But it does seem more exciting than when I first read about the "only 7 bosses omg!" business.

Every boss is crazy unique, tier's going to be awesome.

Deleted
    I guess I'm waiting for it. I'm trying to find a reason to start playing wow again and 4.2 sounds cool enough to get me going. I liked fire theme in Vanilla and I hope I'll like Firelands too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm looking forward to Firelands because I love raiding and its a new raid tier. The ideas behind the dailies and how they are unlocked seem interesting; obviously we'll have to see how it pans out. But it will still be a bunch of dailies, so people expecting something way different are going to be disappointed. But I'm well aware that WoW at level cap is grindy and enjoy it.

Think that raid AND the new quests will be awsome . Looks very good and i've not tested out mush on the PTR yet. Will be a little boring to grind Daylies if they don't change them every now and again

Yo dawg! I heard you liked bases, so i put a base in your base, so i can base while you base

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm honestly not. Yeah, it's Ragnaros, he was cool back at 60, and we know he's an elemental lord, meh, I'd rather kill Therazane. Oooo, Fandral...no wait...his lore kinda sucks, if we're gonna kill night-elves-gone-bad, lets take on Queen Azshara. Toss in some random other fire-based monsters, meh, okay, honestly I'm not trying to QQ, I'd love to be excited about this content patch, but honestly I just can't seem to find any love for it. More daily quests? Wheee because ya know after grinding up rep with 6 different factions I really want to do it with one more.

So tell me truly, are you looking forward to Firelands? If so: why, why not?
    /Spud bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Yes, I'm looking forward to Firelands because I love raiding and its a new raid tier. The ideas behind the dailies and how they are unlocked seem interesting; obviously we'll have to see how it pans out. But it will still be a bunch of dailies, so people expecting something way different are going to be disappointed. But I'm well aware that WoW at level cap is grindy and enjoy it.
    Me too. The way you unlock different things by doing dailies should be pretty cool. And the legendary is pretty sweet too. From seeing PTR testing live streams and videos, the encounters look so awesome. This should be an epic tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

Very much so. It really does look like a promising tier. Encounters look interesting. I love the fire theme. I love the lore. The system they are using for the new dailies looks interesting. And I just can't wait to get out of BWD and BOT.

Why would we go after Azshara in an expansion Blizz explicitly said she wasn't meant to be a major part of.

Yep. I play to raid, and though I am nowhere near where I'd like to be in terms of heroic raid progress, I'm ready to get a fresh start with a new tier. The mechanics on most of the bosses look like a lot of fun, even if they are not overly complicated or hard to learn, they do look unique based on the PTR, particularly some of the first 4 bosses. New dailies should be fun, I actually don't mind doing them when they are new, lots of extra easy gold and rep to buy cool new stuff.

And anyone complaining about rep grinding seriously needs to get a grip, Blizzard has already made it easy as shit to gain rep for the vast majority of faction via usage of tabards (not to mention guild bonuses) plus just be questing alone you can get honored or more just from leveling (doing all Hyjal quests gets you well into revered for example). This will only be the second rep of the expansion that will apparently require you to actually do dailies if you want to gain rep (other being TB factions) and this is if you don't get rep from the actual raid, and it sounds like you do. Anyone that actually wants the rewards will suck it up for a few weeks and do them and after that you won't have to anymore.