Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    OP, where did you see Blizzard Directly say they lost 600,000 subscribers? In WoW Insider, the Blizzard rep stated a loss of "subscription levels" which can easily mean total subscriptions/subscribers. This does not say anything about the 12million subscribers being the same people, but instead that they "now" have 11.4million subscribers. In previous statements they even addressed what a "subscriber is" and how there can be less people involved than the "subscriber" total.

I do not see a lie here, merely a misinterpretation caused by poor reading comprehension.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    the biggest chunk of subscribers is the ones from china. simply because of stigmas about MMO's i nthe US and the fact the chinese have liek a billion people. cata hasnt been released in china yet. so it is safe to assume that number of unsubbers is from both the lack of new content in china and the release of Rift.

600k bads left the game, thats a good thing, plus we need roughly 1M more brainless QQ'ers that only think of themselves to leave this game too. I remember in the early cata xpac, qq'ers complained bout heroic dungeon being hard, "OMG Heroic dungeons are hard, overtuned, nerf it slightly please, proguild can have the raids, just give us these dungeons". and now, this group complains bout them not being able to clear cata raid and demand blizzard to nerf the raid content, "give us normal raid, proguild can have heroic raid". bam, 4.2 normal nerf. you know whats next? theyre going to complain bout heroic raid being overtuned, plus i really like the fact that heroic tiers/gears look much better color wise. "omg want to experience heroic raid content and we want that shiny epics, but heroic raid is wayyyyy too hard, nerf it blizz, we're majority of the player base, listen to us". so yeah, im hoping 1M people to leave this game, especially the brainless QQ'ers for the sake of this gaming community in the future.

if you have time to be mad at my post, use it to improve your gaming playstyle, im not really pro at this game but you know what, it only takes X amount of effort to do Y. value of X increases as youre going to do higher value of Y. as simple as that.

ACTUALLY

What happened was, 13 million more accounts were started.

During this time 20 million accounts were then banned from Starcraft I for using map hacks. After that 300 million subscribers quit WoW which caused a hole in the space time continuum.

After that the potatoes in question began to grow excessively large.

Hence why the potatoes are no longer so small.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    there will be even more subscribers lost after 4.2 because even i know a lot of people quitting because cataclysm becoming casualysm after wrath of the casuals...again.
    Clearly your friends are the majority. I didn't realize nerfing outdated content had any impact on whether or not you can enjoy the game. I guess bad players getting epics just makes you lose sleep at night. I wish I knew who you were, because I could afford to get you a doctor to prescribe something for your sleep loss.

May I suggest exercise? It helps me get into a nice deep sleep every night without the use of drugs. Even though there are things in the world that are wrong, it doesn't affect me so I don't let it affect my sleeping patterns. I suggest you do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    People leave.. people come back... New people grow older and join.

The only time blizzard needs to worry, is when stuff like blizzcon doesn't sell out within minutes time. But lets face it... that'd take a *LOT* of people cancelling.

Statistically speaking.. out of the money they have lost from subsriptions.. Is it *ALL* player willed cancellation? Or does that count all of the stupid farmer accounts (or if you're like my friends... people who bot fishing or archeology and get deleted) - that blizzard has been cracking down on and closing?

With 5 people quitting wow.. 10 more join. Aint no thang.
    I think you missed the point of what OP was trying to say. It's not 5 people quit and 10 people join, it's 10 people quit and 5 people join. Just the opposite.

Oh, and to the ban number? That's never been clear, but what seems obvious is that it wasn't that many. Let's go with a simple assumption, if the banned accounts were the majority of the loss of subscriptions, then Blizzard would have stated that. And while there is no proof that they would have, there is also no proof of your assertion either. Though I know that if it were me making a PR statement for Blizzard and we'd banned 400,000+ accounts for botting, and we made a statement about losing 600k, I'd definitely tell the world something like this, "while we took a loss in subscriptions, over 400,000 were botters, and let's be clear, botting will not be tolerated in any way shape or form."
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2011-05-25 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    People leave.. people come back... New people grow older and join.

The only time blizzard needs to worry, is when stuff like blizzcon doesn't sell out within minutes time. But lets face it... that'd take a *LOT* of people cancelling.

Statistically speaking.. out of the money they have lost from subsriptions.. Is it *ALL* player willed cancellation? Or does that count all of the stupid farmer accounts (or if you're like my friends... people who bot fishing or archeology and get deleted) - that blizzard has been cracking down on and closing?

With 5 people quitting wow.. 10 more join. Aint no thang.
    Idiot, really 600K leave so 6M will come back. With how low lvl BGs are, the price to even pay for Cata, and the overall shitty community when you ask even the most basic of questions, new players don't stay too long, as evidence with the sub loss.
    Three kinds of people in this world
    1. Those who make things happen
    2. People who sit and want things to happen
    3. Those who sit and wonder what happened

Which one are you?

Quote Originally Posted by djahy View Post
    Idiot, really 600K leave so 6M will come back. With how low lvl BGs are, the price to even pay for Cata, and the overall shitty community when you ask even the most basic of questions, new players don't stay too long, as evidence with the sub loss.
    I can only assume you are speaking of yourself when you talk about a shitty community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto View Post
    I can only assume you are speaking of yourself when you talk about a shitty community.
    New and original

Which one are you?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, we've been down the "here's the math" path several times before. The fact is that nobody besides blizzard knows what's going on and any sources people use to "do the math" tend to be unreliable to one degree or another.

And owing to disclosure laws Blizzard is not allowed to lie or fudge any numbers. I realize they -could- be doing that, but reputable business do not and Blizzard knows they're in for a world of hurt if they cooked the books and got caught.

I tend to believe what they tell us when it comes to stuff like this because it is not in their interest to lie about or obfuscate the real numbers. And yes, I know a thing or two about business.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Is cata even out in China yet? I've heard lots of things saying it wasn't for some reason but if they have been in wrath for that long I would of quit too lol. And China is a huge part of the WoW population

New and original
    So are all of your posts in this thread.

If you don't like the game stop playing.

If you don't play the game then you are just a sad man that has nothing better to do than try and validate his own belief that this game is bad.

Go do something else brrrroooooooo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    That's never been clear, but what seems obvious is that it wasn't that many. Let's go with a simple assumption, if the banned accounts were the majority of the loss of subscriptions, then Blizzard would have stated that. ."
    While I highly doubt the loss was due to primarily or even a high percentage of bans, I doubt they'd disclose this information, unless compelled to by disclosure rules.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You're missing the point that the many of increased subs are likely to be returning players, the majority of which would have bought their copies of the game in previous accounting periods.
    I made up a number, 1 million, to account for people buying the game(s) at a discount; 45 per person * 1 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto View Post
    So are all of your posts in this thread.

If you don't like the game stop playing.

If you don't play the game then you are just a sad man that has nothing better to do than try and validate his own belief that this game is bad.

Go do something else brrrroooooooo.
    I have that right to voice my displeasures, especially as a paying customer, I wonder how far you get with that "if you don't like something quit" philosophy, instead of manning up and trying to improve something.

Your snappy comeback will fall on deaf ears, I'm going to work, enjoy the basement air.

And yes, this thread should be locked.
    Last edited by djahy; 2011-05-25 at 11:54 PM.

Which one are you?

Why is this topic even open, as though a loss of 600k-900k subs, or whatever, would have any everlasting negative consequences on WoW in the slightest? As most people have said, the people who have cancelled their sub are either 1) bored with content, 2) cleared the content, or 3) bitch about it being too easy but will end up renewing their sub when the next patch hits (in this case, 4.2). In any case, the sudden drop will either be insignificant, or if the numbers do not rise and keep declining, then maybe Blizz will finally get their act together and actually "fix" the game; not like it needs fixing by much anyway.

Worst case scenario? There isn't one.
    Point of this post? Differentiating between the loss of 600k subs or 900k subs means... well, nothing, to you or to anyone else.

I have that right to voice my displeasures, especially as a paying customer, I wonder how far you get with that "if you don't like something quit" philosophy, instead of manning up and trying to improve something.

Your snappy comeback will fall on deaf ears, I'm going to work, enjoy the basement air.

You aren't saying anything constructive, you are just complaining. Voicing your displeasure and just bitching about something are entirely different if you actually want the item you are paying for to improve. And this is an unofficial forum, so as a paying customer, go post something on the WoW forums.

Also, as with all of your assumptions they are way off base.

there is a difference between voicing your opinion and blatantly insulting someone/something

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just want you all to know.... because of this thread right here.. I too am quitting wow!!

as of right now I quit!!!

as of right now I am re-instating my account and will continue playing.. thank you for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    ...and you are also assuming that just because one bot gets banned, he doesnt open 20 new accounts...
    Are you under the delusion that botters go out and spend over a hundred dollars to open a new account, level to at least 60 and max their gathering professions to bot? They bot on hacked accounts, so when one bot gets banned, yes, that is on less active sub.