Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

China CAN invade the US... it will scare you with how possible this is.

Up until a few days ago I was confident with America`s place in the world. An unshakable rock that was impossible to invade (unless Canada or Mexico go on a tangent lol). That China was an economic threat and possibly a military one but they could never actually win a ground war with America, especially on American soil. Then a thought struck me...(well several thoughts):

Invasion via cargo ships...
    Think about that. Every year THOUSANDS of cargo ships dock in American ports to unload thousands of train car type boxes of goods onto our shores. They dont get inspected until they land (and those are very sporadic and half hearted). Now think about this. China could load over a million soldiers, vehicles, hell even helicopters onto several dozen of this ships and simply hide them in the cargo containers or below deck. They dock and once they all arrive BAM! 5+ of americas largest coastal cities are overun by a massive chinese surprise attack, while simultaneously china launches missiles to take out our communication and spy satellites. America would be crippled and even if we drove the chinese forces out (and we would never get all of them, there would be bands over them roving the countrysides and unpopulated areas of America for years, possibly decades causing havoc) we would be going to war with an enemy has has us by the nuts. They make most of the stuff that goes in our jets, tanks, and other tech. Once our crap starts falling apart were screwed even worse because we cant get more parts.

Now if China did this the rest of the world would be forced to go to war with them. (China+NK vs EU, russia, India, Japan, SK, Canada, latin american countries, and a few African nations). But honestly i doubt the EU would help much, they would likely look to their own defenses and start building Maginot line crap in Eastern Europe and Russia would be pummeled into the ground by an enemy with even more cannon fodder in their army than they have. The other Asian nations would last for a while but they would also be crushed by the massive numbers. The african/South American countries that joined in wouldnt be able to do much at all.
    America would be reeling from the attack and crippled.

IF the Chinese did this i believe the war could go either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    great you just gave them an idea, and i doubt this will happen. The last thing a country wants is a way, looks bad on their part.
    >>> ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!! <<<

10+ Year Old Account
    crist you people are paranoid
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account
    except we have complete air sea and land superiority and if they invaded us euros would put the heat on them from that side of the world while we smashed them into pieces coz we have a bajillion bases along our coasts, this is not possible they would be utterly destroyed, every developed nation has a better trained army then the chinese lol and i highly doubt the coast guard wouldnt try to organize and disperse organizing chinas million man army in these ships exploiting them and making them vunerable to attack, if u dont think the US a contingency plan for this ur sadly mistaken, after what happened in pearl harbor the oceans are heavily monitered, learn from the past. Plus you apparently don't know that Chinese culture forbids them from invading countries with reason such as money or political squabbles. Plus russia would have to worry about radiation from us nuking the chinese for attacking our soil so they would probably just march south and the chinese would be seeing anchors and stars
    Last edited by Begrudge; 2011-05-25 at 10:07 PM.

Haha never thought of that... excelent way of invading

Didn't another of these threads just get closed a few hours ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Up until a few days ago I was confident with America`s place in the world. An unshakable rock that was impossible to invade (unless Canada or Mexico go on a tangent lol). That China was an economic threat and possibly a military one but they could never actually win a ground war with America, especially on American soil. Then a thought struck me...(well several thoughts):

Think about that. Every year THOUSANDS of cargo ships dock in American ports to unload thousands of train car type boxes of goods onto our shores. They dont get inspected until they land (and those are very sporadic and half hearted). Now think about this. China could load over a million soldiers, vehicles, hell even helicopters onto several dozen of this ships and simply hide them in the cargo containers or below deck. They dock and once they all arrive BAM! 5+ of americas largest coastal cities are overun by a massive chinese surprise attack, while simultaneously china launches missiles to take out our communication and spy satellites. America would be crippled and even if we drove the chinese forces out (and we would never get all of them, there would be bands over them roving the countrysides and unpopulated areas of America for years, possibly decades causing havoc) we would be going to war with an enemy has has us by the nuts. They make most of the stuff that goes in our jets, tanks, and other tech. Once our crap starts falling apart were screwed even worse because we cant get more parts.

Now if China did this the rest of the world would be forced to go to war with them. (China+NK vs EU, russia, India, Japan, SK, Canada, latin american countries, and a few African nations). But honestly i doubt the EU would help much, they would likely look to their own defenses and start building Maginot line crap in Eastern Europe and Russia would be pummeled into the ground by an enemy with even more cannon fodder in their army than they have. The other Asian nations would last for a while but they would also be crushed by the massive numbers. The african/South American countries that joined in wouldnt be able to do much at all.

possible yes, going to happen probably not.
    It benefits neither us or china to goto war with each other.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Deleted
    When I read the title, I suddenly imagined a SC2 game between 2 Terran players.

Had a good li'l laugh there.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    except we have complete air sea and land superiority and if they invaded us euros would put the heat on them from that side of the world while we smashed them into pieces coz we have a bajillion bases along our coasts, this is not possible they would be utterly destroyed, every developed nation has a better trained army then the chinese lol and i highly doubt the coast guard wouldnt try to organize and disperse organizing chinas million man army in these ships
    EMP and its gone

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post

You must watch a lot of movies/tv.

Will the ships be shaped like giant horses?

China reads mmo champion, now you have caused a war.

Tactical cargo ship amphibious invasion

Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

im sorry but someone has to tell you
    .... you are an idiot

Infracted. Don't flame our users please.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-05-26 at 01:28 PM.
    Yes I, Gwan?

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    possible yes, going to happen probably not.
    It benefits neither us or china to goto war with each other.
    China`s booming economy is going to plateau at some point. They are already a super power and, like all other super power in past, they want to be on top and the only way to do that is to knock the other ones off the hill. Russia and China are already at odds, but china wont attack them first because the US would retaliate. They would try to cripple america before going after the other big fish in the pond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandsons View Post
    Will the ships be shaped like giant horses?
    lol best comment ever

They make money off of us, they would never seek to go to war.

Why would they invade you? Most of the Chinese people I've met absolutely adore foreign cultures.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRB GETTIN' MAH TINFOIL HAT KAI?
    But seriously this will never happen...why would China want to? They are doing fine as they are and have no reason to do any of this.

See the thing is we woudl see it coming. Our information agencys would catch something like that happening a mile away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn