Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laina View Post
    The 150-pet achievement seems a bit odd. It seems almost impossible to get without buying pets from the blizzard store, which isn't something every can do.
    Wasn't it Blizzard's stance to have achievements achievable by everyone, not just those with access to a creditcard?
    Its hard now, but its 4.2 so there will be a few new pets so it will be easier?
    The store just serves as an 'easy' way to get them if you want to spend cash for it, but i doubt they will ever enforce achievements that can only be earned if you spend money in the blizzard store to reach certain numbers :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    I love how people bitch about ring of frost. It takes like 2-3 seconds to activate so don't be a retard and move?
    It's a good thing we can move while Poly'd or rooted or in Deep Freeze.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    'Hungering Cold has a 1.5 second cast time up from instant.

Ring of Frost is once again instant cast down from 1.5 second cast.'

What the fuck....
    I have to agree with you.

Hmmm what??

Create Soulstone now also works as a battle rez.
    Fire Nova now affects the shaman's Flame Shocked targets instead of its active fire totem.

Didnt they both go live on 4.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirea View Post
    It made a good ability almost useless. Also DKs are just as OP as mages right now. especially when you get up to 2k+
    I'm a mage, I totally understand. 1.5 sec cast time RoF makes you have to look into the the future ~5 seconds...which is pretty ridiculous. It's a good revert...just seems like they can't figure out what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningsan View Post
    Hmmm what??

Create Soulstone now also works as a battle rez.
    This change is a bit different from live, if i'm reading it right.

Lets say your a warlock, and before the fight you forget to create a soulstone. Blah blah blah, you guys pull, the fight starts, something goes wrong and a DPS or healer dies.
    In live right now, if you were the only battle rezer, you'd have to: Cast Create soulstone, and then cast the actual soulstone on the dead person to rez them.
    By the looks of this change, they're making it where you can just bypass creating the stone, if using it as a battle rez, and just cast the spell on the dead person.

....Or I read something wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Mages get the first nerf in ages, cry, get it reversed almost insteadly? Okay. That's fair?
    It's a long established Blizzard tradition. Faking mage nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ HC nerf. SWTOR can't come out soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Laina View Post
    The 150-pet achievement seems a bit odd. It seems almost impossible to get without buying pets from the blizzard store, which isn't something every can do.
    Wasn't it Blizzard's stance to have achievements achievable by everyone, not just those with access to a creditcard?
    As others have said it does help to have had some pets that are no longer obtainable or all the childrens weeks pets already, but they will always add more pets each patch or so, so it will be achieveable without buying blizz store pets^ you just have to wait a bit longer to complete it

Deleted
    Bleed damage is considered Physical, right?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    nope - granted you'll find it much easier with a Blizzcon and a CE pet or two, but on the PTR I have 150 and the PTR strips off pets bought from the Blizzard Store. It's perfectly doable.
    Doable without pets bought from the store, special one-time events, or the trading card game it is impossible to my knowledge and count (or very close to it if you count even the rarest of companion pets).

The remaining pets I need excluding TCG/one time event ones (BUT including store in the total) comes out to a total in the mid 140s for me. So even with the store mounts I don' hit the target. Without store mounts/TCG/special event ones I don't think it's possible to break 150.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice.
    This made me smile.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Ok two things:

1. Spellsteal becoming 7k mana will mean that you'll go oom pretty fast if you try to spam that in arena, the 6-second CD was reverted b/c of PvE implications.

2. While it's not showing on this datamine Ring of Frost and Deep Freeze now share diminishing returns. The 1.5 second cast time made it almost completely useless in PvE.

So quit whining. Oh wait, that's impossible.

For those who didn't read the OFFICIAL patch notes, and are making accusations of mage buffing based only on the datamining here:

Ring of Frost now shares diminishing returns with Deep Freeze.
    Spellsteal's mana cost was DOUBLED. That isn't cheap to spam now (good way to OOM actually).

With these achievement tweaks:

General
    * Littlest Pet Shop now rewards Celestial Dragon
    * Menagerie now rewards Brilliant Kaliri
    * Petting Zoo now rewards Nuts' Acorn

1) are we going to receive these pets if we've already reached the various levels?
    2) will they replace previous pets, given as rewards or will they be given as extras?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    Bleed damage is considered Physical, right?
    Yes the Wrecking Crew change is likely to just prevent 4pc doing an extra 10% fire damage when we crit with MS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Simple fix: Ring of frost has no cast time, but using it will remove all roots/polys/freezes you currently have active

Ok so the question is.. is it Blizzard of Boubouille trolling here with the Hungering Cold change? >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Nova now affects the shaman's Flame Shocked targets instead of its active fire totem.
    I was hoping they could revert Fire Nova back. :P
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

15+ Year Old Account
    Boo I'm only at 144 pets. Need blizzard to add 6 more pets in 4.2