Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMetal View Post
    hmmm... Actually somethink like the archology doll would be kinda cool...

Accamunates mana you spend and when you get around 5k, it explodes into arcane damage?
    If you want to be reasonable with a proc, then yes. Mine was just OP and would never happen, but it will just be interesting to see what exactly the meaning behind "Celestial Object" will be. I am going to gather it will be for each amount of x you receive, you can then use to increase your critical strike rating by y amount for 20 sec where y is the amount of x you receive, and limiting to 5x's' or something.

Deleted
    Oh, proc is there now... interesting... when i checked it, it only had agility... XD

WoW head claims proc is 1700 crit.
    all thou ilvl makes it low for raiding... just fun trinket special for one of holidays?

EDIT: all thou, who knows...
    Proc on wow called "Meteor Magnet"...
    If it's fire damage, we might just have DMC: hurricane 2.0 on our hands =D
    Last edited by mmoc18e6c28fd9; 2011-05-26 at 01:43 AM.

And everyone knows just how well DMC: hurricane turned out >.> in terms of agility. granted this is coming from a rogue perspective

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptomaniac View Post
    And everyone knows just how well DMC: hurricane turned out >.> in terms of agility. granted this is coming from a rogue perspective
    sure for you as a rogue, but for me as enha shaman crit and haste are usless... So that kinda limits me right now to using DMC and fluid death as 2 BiS trinkets =P

wow those dagger need stat changes something fierce... not mutilate friendly ><

Quote Originally Posted by Delmortis View Post
    They really went out of their way to add some crappy items this time.
    Far too many caster items with crit/mastery. All casters prefer Haste.
    Hi, I'm an Arcane Mage, Mastery is my best stat with Crit being below hit to cap, haste is also virtually useless to me.

I am more concerned with the consitent direction Blizz has gone with regards to weapons for the Enh Shamman. Again 1 axe, and with it having expertise on it, makes it not as appealing as one would hope. As it sits 2/3 of the gear slated for us has expertise, while the rest has sub par itemisation stats on them, with the gloves only being worth while. Unless they are finaly putting haste back into the mix as being a worthy stat, I predict another patch with nothing to look forward to.

-Murloc Voice- RAWRRRRRRRR!

Cool, another 2h'r that doesn't appeal to DK Tanks. Guess I'll be hanging on to my Heroic Wormbreaker.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see how to get that mount! :O
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Hi, I'm an Arcane Mage, Mastery is my best stat with Crit being below hit to cap, haste is also virtually useless to me.
    From SimulationCraft 4.1 scale factor results:

Balance Druids: Hit to cap, then Haste >> Mastery > Crit
    Arcane Mage: Hit to cap, Mastery > Crit > Haste (but all are somewhat close)
    Fire Mage: Hit to cap, then Haste = Crit > Mastery
    Frost Mage: Hit to cap, then Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Frostfire Fire Mage: Hit to cap, then Crit > Haste > Mastery
    Frostfire Frost Mage: Hit to cap, then Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Shadow Priest: Haste > Hit to cap == Mastery == Crit
    Elemental Shaman: Hit to cap > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Drain Life Affliction Warlock: Hit to cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    Affliction Warlock: Hit to cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    Demonology Warlock: Hit to cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste
    Destruction Warlock: Hit to cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Number of specs with Haste as #1 non-Hit stat (or equal #1):

Number of specs with Crit as #1 non-Hit stat (or equal #1):

Number of specs with Mastery as #1 non-Hit stat (or equal #1):

Normalized by class:

Haste:
    -------
    Druid: 1
    Mage: 0.6
    Priest: 1
    Shaman: 1
    Warlock: 0.75
    == 4.35 / 5 = 0.87

Crit:
    ------
    Mage: 0.4
    == 0.4 / 5 == 0.08

Mastery:
    ---------
    Mage: 0.2
    Warlock: 0.25
    == 0.45 / 5 = 0.09

Thus Haste is by *far* the best caster secondary (non-Hit) stat for the majority of casters.

If you normalize by picking the highest single-target DPS spec for each class:

Mage: Arcane
    Warlock: Affliction Drain Life

Haste:
    --------
    Priest + Shaman + Druid + Warlock

Crit:
    ------
    None

Mastery:
    -----------
    Mage

So 4 out of 5 caster classes prefer Haste over Crit or Mastery.
    Only 1 prefers Mastery over the others.

Even if you make the assumption that there are 3 times as many Warlocks and Mages as each hybrid caster that gives:

Haste:
    --------
    Priest + Druid + Shaman + 3 * Warlocks == 6

Mastery:
    ----------
    3* Mage == 3

Or 67% prefer Haste.
    Last edited by Delmortis; 2011-05-26 at 02:41 AM.

Not very happy with the Death Knight tier being named Elementium Deathplate when there is already a BoE chest piece called Elementium Deathplate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Polearms and Guns. My day is made.

My Resto druid is not pleased with the itemization on these weapons at all. The only decent ones are (for the second tier of content in a row) a randomly dropped BoE weapon and a weapon off of the final boss of the tier. On the plus side that Spirit Off-Hand has super sexy stats, but given its BoE status I assume that it too is a random drop.

Got to say, not liking the 'fairness' of itemisation on the caster dps gear. I play an ele sham, only getting hit/spirit from my shoulder piece, whereas all the other caster clases have 2-3 (some tooltips weren't showing for me) pieces with those stats. Certainly narrows the list for other pieces when we are forced to find more hit than other classes.

wtf healers just get raped I see on mace with spirit no other staffs or daggers or anything with spirit well here ya go healers go kill yourselves. Also only one wand? seriously go home same as now for casters with the boooklight being the only caster wand blizz really does not think most of this stuff out. Ok in a 25 man raid the healer mace drops 8 ppl roll... 8 weeks minimum to get all the healers that weapon unless more than one drops at a time smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Crystallized Firestone.... epic gem?
    It looks like it to me.. Probably 1-3 of these + carnelian/nightstone or whatever to make your epic gem. But where will it come from? Someone post if you find out

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stayclassy View Post
    wtf healers just get raped I see on mace with spirit no other staffs or daggers or anything with spirit well here ya go healers go kill yourselves. Also only one wand? seriously go home same as now for casters with the boooklight being the only caster wand blizz really does not think most of this stuff out. Ok in a 25 man raid the healer mace drops 8 ppl roll... 8 weeks minimum to get all the healers that weapon unless more than one drops at a time smh.
    Chill out bro. Itemization is not over

Why are all items now 391 yet none have a "Heroic" tag on them? Is 378 still intended to be normal mode (-Rag) and 391 Heroic Mode (-Rag)?

Oh my gosh, heroic relics. Thank GOODNESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraax View Post
    Why are all items now 391 yet none have a "Heroic" tag on them? Is 378 still intended to be normal mode (-Rag) and 391 Heroic Mode (-Rag)?
    I imagine they will. If you look a little down the page, Sulfuras N and H are properly tagged while Beastcleave Chopper N and H are not. Things like the relics that don't have normal counterparts might get the ilvl but not the heroic tag similar to how a 346 world drop blue doesn't have a heroic tag even though that is the quality of loot you get from a heroic dungeon.

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Crystallized Firestone.... epic gem?
    Sounds to me like it might have to do with the Dragonwrath quest line, assuming we don't have all of the data already.

Boub, can we get the gear summary put up with the stuff in the tier etc and labelled? Will stop quite a bit of angsty posting I thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.