help with frost opener...

my gf and i do arenas on my mage n her resto druid...been playing fire n doing decent but decided to try out frost 2day...i did pretty well and we got our kills for the week but i felt LOST everytime the gate opened as i felt i had no clue how to open up on them >.>

it depends on many thing imo i mostly run upto them and cone of cold

Starting out in invisibility and then throwing out a polymorph before you come out works wonders.

Spam ice lance and frostbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Start in invisibility, then 2. pet nova the healer, 3. deep freeze the healer, 4. ring of frost the healer. If he blows his trinket on any of that, your kills in 3's will be easy because now you can full polymorph/blind/whatever your healer has. This entire time you should be on one of the DPS, though.

i think im doing this whole deepfreeze thing wrong....when i deepfreez the target, i cast frostbolt and as soon as it finishes casting i hit icelance...they pretty much hit at the same time but i see frst hitting b4 icelance mostly (might be latency etc) but is that the right way for the so called shatter combo? not sure if im breaking the freeze once FB hits and then IL is doing nothing but normal dmg

cast conjure refreshment to win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpookybear View Post
    i think im doing this whole deepfreeze thing wrong....when i deepfreez the target, i cast frostbolt and as soon as it finishes casting i hit icelance...they pretty much hit at the same time but i see frst hitting b4 icelance mostly (might be latency etc) but is that the right way for the so called shatter combo? not sure if im breaking the freeze once FB hits and then IL is doing nothing but normal dmg
    Frostbolt -> icelance -> icelance