Poll: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruciuxtia View Post
    Love being a Mage, since vanilla. <3

Failers who voted Mage are conquest point cappers or BG lullerz.
    Or people that read patch notes and see the massive amount of dev time that still gets poured into an already powerhouse spec while so many specs are left to languish in Awfulville. I voted Mages. Every nerfed is accompanied by more buffs while everyone just gets nerfed and half of the intended nerfds get reverted. mages seem unctouchable.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rawer View Post
    Not Mages ... to me hunters are the culprits. Since day one in the first dungeon until now in full epics raids I couldn't outdps hunters.
    If you think Hunter you are insane. Do you play one? Steady shot as a mechanic to regen focus was the worst idea every (well its tied with Enhancement Searing flames trash). Steady shot does 2-5k damage in PvP and its the shot you use 90% of the time. Hunters suck to play In cata and really very boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz: Ring of Frost and Hungering Cold = 1.5 cast time
    Death Knights/Mages: QQ
    Blizz: Ring of Frost = instant again
    Death Knights: wtf?!
    Mages: Shut up you OP
    Blizz: yes *Pets mage on head*

648 votes mage, ROFL, truth hurts polls. anyway mages have been ridiculous since launch,

sincerely, Mage

just in time for the arena pass, they cut DKs down at the knees making warriors supreme melee again.
    mages are just ridiculously OP in 2s, 3s, 5s, BGs and PVE.
    And the healer shuffle has begun again, discipline priests are generally on top.

That will never change. one favored range, one favored healer, one favored melee.

You have to be utterly ignorant to think mages aren't OP. Remember back when they were talking about removing CC and diminishing it? Remember that?

Since then mages have only gained CC and escapes without losing damage.

Not only that, but they are an extremely simple class. I have played every class at max level except for a druid, and mages are by far the easiest to maximize with the fewest abilities to use. Their important CCs/controls are easily used on a single focus target and their only "skill shots" are preceded by a massive amount of CC that guarantees positioning.

They get a substantial toolset to leave combat and heal and a lot of bought time. They utterly dominate all melee and the classes that are strong against mages are in the vast minority.

People personalize this game WAY too much, it takes about 2 or 3 days to max level a character and you can see for yourself (if you can stomach another honor/gear grind at 85). Something's wrong when to maximize a warrior or hunter you're controlling 20+ abilities and mage you're controlling maybe 6.

@ OP: This is not a real question is it, your joking right? Its mages ofc..

Now, if you on the other hand could ask: "Wich class does Blizz disfavor the most?" Its locks, no doubt
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    PvE most favored: hunter
    PvE least favored: mage

Funny, isn't it
    You're right, I wouldn't take a bad Mage either. Your point? apparently you play with garbage Mages.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Anyways, ranged classes in general have had the silver spoon treatment in PvE content, AGAIN, so that's why I haven't been playing. I'd love to play the melee specs that I enjoy, but the raid and dungeon favouritism towards ranged ruins it for me.

Edit: To clarify, I would even play melee if the bosses still punished melee IN ADDITION to ranged, but that doesn't happen 90% of the fights.
    Is that why top players from top guilds stated it's pretty even now between melee/ranged? (That was actually said about a month ago or maybe two, so yeah lol.) Maybe try reading the WoW forums sometime...not just here.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2011-05-27 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    lol at this!

MAGE 60k 1 button arcane blast WTFFFFF! That is BROKEN.

Deleted
    *Spy voice*

The outcome was never really in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    to everyone thats saying mage ,could you please explain other then just saying mage. i play a mage and my dps is on par with mm and surv hunters, unholy dk's and warriors if we all are around the same gear. look at the website state of dps and we are like 7 down on the list. so instead of saying mages are op could you explain what makes them op. cause i sure would like to get in on it.
    Go Arcane PvE Frost PvP and youll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    nerf paper, scissors are fine.

sincerely, rock.
    670 votes on 1 class, damn there must be a lot of rocks around.

I predict that nothing constructive will be written in this thread. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, Huntars, Shadow Priests. I love how the whole expac is on Druids and Shamans..yet BLizz dosen't are about them, in wotlk DK's and Paladins were op..mostly paladins (DK's in the beginning of Wotlk since they were new..needed balencing and didn't have T1-6/pvp sets)
    Howay the lads!

The class that got the most attention was the class that was most broken (in the bad, non raid competitive way) at the start of the expansion.

What is constructive about a class that can out dps any other by hitting 1 button, YES 1 BUTTON. The shit is broken. I usually try and be reasonable about things in WoW, but this is BROKEN. Im struggling to beat arc mage for dps, my guildie (mage) respecced recently and 25-30k, look at skada 98% of the damage ARCANE BLAST. BROKEN. PERIOD.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mages by far.

you morons need to start playing Rift instead of crying about pvp balance on a shitty game.

Rift PvP soul

end of story. And unlike Blizz, Trion is not a dumb fucking company that attempts to balance 30 class combinations and fails miserably.

If WoW had a PvP only tree they would ease a lot of complaints, but they are too dumb and stubborn to innovate.

World of Warcraft's reign is over. Its a dumb game, it can't innovate.
    The new cata story blows. I've never seen this Deathwing thing...wtf is it?

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    What is constructive about a class that can out dps any other by hitting 1 button, YES 1 BUTTON. The shit is broken. I usually try and be reasonable about things in WoW, but this is BROKEN. Im struggling to beat arc mage for dps, my guildie (mage) respecced recently and 25-30k, look at skada 98% of the damage ARCANE BLAST. BROKEN. PERIOD.
    QFT
    Damage on argaloth by top mage DPS on US servers.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-52...4#tab-dmgspell

86% of damage from arcane blast.

"Oh .. you cannot look at Argaloth"

why the f not?
    It is a perfect boss to measure DPS, and "ideal rotations"
    All classes should be doing their best DPS on argaloth. You don't move, argaloth is just a big sack of meat ... all your DoTs have time to tick and build up....perfect DPS boss.
    Last edited by ted23; 2011-05-27 at 07:25 PM.

Death Knight
    79 8.19%
    Druids
    13 1.35%
    Hunter
    42 4.35%
    Mage
    687 71.19%

Paladin
    27 2.80%
    Priest
    14 1.45%
    Rogue
    16 1.66%
    Shaman
    24 2.49%
    Warlock
    12 1.24%
    Warrior
    51 5.28%
    Dayum. Mage sure is favored by Blizz, isn't it?
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why people are complaining about arcane mages, they only recently fixed them from being right near the bottom of the table on DPS. Even now they're above average at best

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, the new Death Knights/Rogues/Hunters/Retribution Paladins.
    Every bads that used to play the classes/spec above now plays a mage.
    You see them everywhere, LFD, BGS, PUG raids & possibly even in your guild if they haven't gotten /gkick.
    These days I've rarely seen good Mages, they are out there, but sadly... very few.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.