Poll: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mage for sure.

Warriors and Druids.
    Mages are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's mages or hunters. Shadow Priests are also up there. The rest aren't rly even close.
    from a frost dk haha, and hunters? really? lowest arena representation most seasons screams OP

Mage, it's just a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    lol frost dk
    Being an announce in PvP doesn't qualify as being buffed...

Hunters got a redesign, again... Not really buffed more a class change
    Paladins got a redesign... Not really buffed, in fact they hacked at the class a fair bit in the redesign.

Mages got the largest number of flat buffs/enhancements many of witch i agree were needed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

The people that voted hunters make me sad, unless blizzard fixing a 6 year old bug (finally) counts as "favored".

Mages. Mages. Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Mages. Mages. Mages.
    as i said before ,could you please explain other then just saying mage. i play a mage and my dps is on par with mm and surv hunters, unholy dk's and warriors if we all are around the same gear. look at the website state of dps and we are like 7 down on the list. so instead of saying mages are op could you explain what makes them op. cause i sure would like to get in on it.

Mages. Blizzard loves Mages.

10+ Year Old Account

(spellsteal change is not anymore anyway, lulz)

sorry i had to..

but yes, mage, and im not talking about pvp..

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a loaded question - Blizzard obviously doesn't favor a class. If they favored a class, it would be against their primary interest of making money and pleasing fans.

That said, in Battlegrounds both Frost DKs and Frost Mages are very powerful.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

PvP most favored: mage
    PvP least favored: hunter

PvE most favored: hunter
    PvE least favored: mage

Funny, isn't it
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Hey guys. I heard that Blizzard balances PvP around 1v1. Get a healer with an offensive dispel that actually uses it, and dispels you, and you'll wreck the mages you complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Hey guys. I heard that Blizzard balances PvP around 1v1. Get a healer with an offensive dispel that actually uses it, and dispels you, and you'll wreck the mages you complain about.
    So, in order to have proper balance in 1v1 against a mage, you actually have to have 1v2.

Am i reading that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Exactly! fighting a mage is balanced around it being a 2v1. You need a healer/dispeller to be able to defeat a mage. ;p

So because of this no "1 vs 1" balance mages should get buffed constantly even though they already powerful?

the mage comment is due to pvp. frost mages rip up many classes, with little preparation.

A really bad mage will lose to everyone. but a capable mage can beat nearly everyone. Which is a big deal in a game based on rock/paper/scissors.

For instance, all the people that bitched about blood dk? k, zero pressure, they win due to outlasting from self healing. The self healing drops to zero if they have to chase.

Frost mage + blood dk + healer means the other team won't kill anyone. However its not likely that mage/dk/healer will kill anyone either.

Frost dk? you are not disarming/silencing/kiting enough. frost dk dps drops to like 2k in pvp if we can't stay in melee.

it is largely melee classes that dk's rip up. Sometimes we catch bad mages.

Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    to everyone thats saying mage ,could you please explain other then just saying mage. i play a mage and my dps is on par with mm and surv hunters, unholy dk's and warriors if we all are around the same gear. look at the website state of dps and we are like 7 down on the list. so instead of saying mages are op could you explain what makes them op. cause i sure would like to get in on it.
    Blizzard: Ring of Frost has a 1.5 second cast time, oh and Spellsteal has a 6 second cooldown.
    Mages: WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD? YOU GUYS SUCK THAT SHIT ISN'T NEEDED YOU FUCKING HATE MAGES.
    Blizzard: Ring of Frost no longer has a cast time, and Spellsteal no longer has a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by xaviour View Post
    Exactly! fighting a mage is balanced around it being a 2v1. You need a healer/dispeller to be able to defeat a mage. ;p
    Not what I mean. Assuming the mage has a partner as well, proper use of dispels makes mages very manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    as i said before ,could you please explain other then just saying mage. i play a mage and my dps is on par with mm and surv hunters, unholy dk's and warriors if we all are around the same gear. look at the website state of dps and we are like 7 down on the list. so instead of saying mages are op could you explain what makes them op. cause i sure would like to get in on it.
    This is why everyone that has a single brain cell says Mages:

4.2 revised: Spellsteal no longer has a cooldown. Ring of Frost no longer has a cast time.