Poll: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Interesting thread, mages are getting quite the awesomeness in PvP.
    Ret and Rogues too.

But Frost DKs? I don't even understand the nerfs, I play 1900+ arena, I can 1v1 most people, but that doesn't mean I'm OP. 2v2 and you're not beating a Frost DK? You're doing it wrong. Frost DKs aren't actually that powerful compared to other classes, and yet we see even more nerfs, clearly the problem is that so much seems to be based on lower ratings, but when you get to 2500+ and people can play their class. Welp, it balances out better up there.
    Good luck explaining that to the people here. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Interesting thread, mages are getting quite the awesomeness in PvP.
    Ret and Rogues too.

But Frost DKs? I don't even understand the nerfs, I play 1900+ arena, I can 1v1 most people, but that doesn't mean I'm OP. 2v2 and you're not beating a Frost DK? You're doing it wrong. Frost DKs aren't actually that powerful compared to other classes, and yet we see even more nerfs, clearly the problem is that so much seems to be based on lower ratings, but when you get to 2500+ and people can play their class. Welp, it balances out better up there.
    There's a reason all of the high end DK's respecced to frost. And its not because unholy got weaker. Frost burst is absolutely insane right now. As is their control and the fact that they can spec into one minute strangulate unlike unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Ok so far all i have seen is mages are over powered because A. we have 3 viable specs
    B. we cried about spell steal and ring of frost and blizzard listened
    C.
    thats it? thats what makes us OP? DID i MISS ANY REASONS FROM THE FIRST 3 PAGES? I have a different ideal of being op i guess

I would say warrior they are decent at every aspect of the game tanking dpsing and pvping and hell even arms is working for pve dps
    Hi Sephurik

I am sorry. Mages. Mages win hands down, they have conistently received the fewest buffs/nerfs/tweaks over the years. And continue to be basically the only class that can directly whore out class abilities for money.

Especially with portals removed from Shatt and Dal.

Mages have been OP in pvp and Top Tier DPS for as long as I can remember. But then again, the basically should be, they are mages.

for many a year mages have exercised thier qqing abilities...praticing...perfecting. Our prayers have been answered!

Now is the winter of our discontent
    Made glorious summer by this son of York Blizzard;

Rejoice mages, and savor our superiority...for it will not last.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Priest because I'm indie like that.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Blizzard has been favoring them per say, but Death Knights are a little silly right now. The fact that a Blood Death Knight can reach 2200 rating in 2v2, going solo, is pretty ridiculous. I think that comes down to the age old argument, that abilities should be tuned slightly differently for PvP and PvE.

Blizzard stated they don't want to do that because they don't want things to become so confusing for newbies to the game. That's an excellent argument, but you can counter that by saying, why don't you have some trainable passive buff at 85 that makes the changes for you, and you cannot enter 85 BGs, Rated BGs and Arena without training in it?

[QUOTE=Playintrafic;11617792]I am sorry. Mages. Mages win hands down, they have conistently received the fewest buffs/nerfs/tweaks over the years. And continue to be basically the only class that can directly whore out class abilities for money.

ok so having portals make us op now WTF is wrong with you. do any of you understand what op is? really portals? how many people have won a fight for using portals? we downed the boss ,,yeah glad the mage popped portal LOL
    Last edited by rhomi; 2011-05-26 at 05:11 AM.

Mage hands down. It's no secret.

To all you loyal defenders of your class here's why:
    Way too much fucking control, high survivability, dmg is strong and bursty but not consistent; perfect for PvP.

And everytime mages get nerfed they get a buff. And when they're nerfed it's just a tiny bit at a time, slowly bringing them down to the norm. They're getting there though just a few more abilities sharing DRs and a 2 certain talents in the fire tree raised to T3 and mages will be just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    ok so having portals make us op now WTF is wrong with you. do any of you understand what op is? really portals? how many people have won a fight for using portals? we downed the boss ,,yeah glad the mage popped portal LOL
    You make a good point. Portals aren't all that game breaking if you really think about it. I think these people should really rethink their vote.

>:I
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    It's okay folks! Frost DK's are being nerfed for the sake of PvP, again!
    Anyways, ranged classes in general have had the silver spoon treatment in PvE content, AGAIN, so that's why I haven't been playing. I'd love to play the melee specs that I enjoy, but the raid and dungeon favouritism towards ranged ruins it for me.

Edit: To clarify, I would even play melee if the bosses still punished melee IN ADDITION to ranged, but that doesn't happen 90% of the fights.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

mages? lol ,did you guys play a mage for the first 4 months of cata, talk about busted and behind.they got the buffs they needed to be competitive for sure but i would hardly say favored.more like fixed, also before people come in with the frost mage crap, who cares about terrible unbalanced warcraft pvp anyways,what a waste of time, this is a pve game lol , but most favored class/spec without a doubt is shadow priests ,talk about OP for so long, way easy and over benefited from other classes buffs, geez

[QUOTE=rhomi;11617829]
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    I am sorry. Mages. Mages win hands down, they have conistently received the fewest buffs/nerfs/tweaks over the years. And continue to be basically the only class that can directly whore out class abilities for money.

"Shit, Cho'gall is about to tear apart our tank. Mage, port to Shatt now!" /OP

For this expansion alone, mages. For the overall history of the game, either warriors or paladins.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

mages were bottom of the barrel dps for the first 2 months of cata for sure, i dont know what game you played..

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    For this expansion alone, mages. For the overall history of the game, either warriors or paladins.
    I fail to see how a half-assed "fix" almost half a year into an expansion makes mages OP. The only thing they could possibly be considered OP at is PVP, and that's generally 1v1 because it's unbalanced as hell and anyone with a quarter of a brain can figure out how to CC. If you can't beat a frost mage, you need to reroll or consider playing something like Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages get my vote aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    lol frost dk
    Frost dks have been garbage for most of this xpac untill recent changes so think again
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Mages, no doubt.