Poll: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This should have been limited to pvp or pve. It's pretty unanimous that mages are OP in pvp this expansion, but it would be a more interesting discussion in terms of pve.

I would say Mages. Why?

Paladins got most attention prior to release, but they are far from being very powerful. If they were favoured, that would be an easy thing to do.

Warriors got some great things going for them. Arms is an excellent spec right now and it is very powerful.

DKs are also strong.

Everything else seems to be almost the same in terms of attention and favouritism. Except for Druids, of course. They are getting hit by the nerf bat quite a bit every single patch.

Mages, however, got some nice new mechanics, and they got to be a very easy spec to play in PvE, being competitive without actually having to worry too much about what they do. Fire improved from Wrath, and Arcane still is the easiest spec of all DPS to play. PvP-wise, Frost cannot be touched, and Blizzard got that 'they are not so hot against pros, but they are very good against every other tier of player', like all players were just bad, and the very few that were not, could actually face a 'balanced spec'. That is why I say Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    Everything else seems to be almost the same in terms of attention and favouritism. Except for Druids, of course. They are getting hit by the nerf bat quite a bit every single patch.
    Actually, only Moonkins have been significantly nerfed in Cata. Our other specs have been buffed repeatedly, and are still a little behind.

Moonkins are taking it in the tail tho. PvP nerfs that are hurting them in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    This should have been limited to pvp or pve. It's pretty unanimous that mages are OP in pvp this expansion, but it would be a more interesting discussion in terms of pve.
    In Pve they've gained ground in the same way all ranged dps have in Casterclysm. Arcane is arguably the strongest single target ranged dps spec, fire is very good at aoe. I think multidot classes could also contend for the top spot in pve though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is probably the most damning poll I have ever seen. Blizzard would deny it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we all know which class Blizzard has favored ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    who voted lock lolol
    Probably mages. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    That is probably the most damning poll I have ever seen. Blizzard would deny it though.
    Idd. Dosent surprise me trough. I voted mage before I even looked over the poll question. 2nd is Death Knights for sure.

I kinda though that the poll would look like a penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    rogues had better self healing even when we could spam WoG at the expense of dmg.
    lol not even close to being true

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    even in pve it's mages sure they may not be number one on recount but what other pure is viable in all three specs? hell even most hybrids aren't and last patch the buff frosts damage even though they were already were tearing pvp up just so they could raid frost

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Stop whining about 1v1 situations. Get yourself a dispel and derp on frost mages like good little melee.
    standard mage reply. what other class require you to have a dispeller with you to have a chance against?
    Last edited by stabetha; 2011-05-26 at 08:33 AM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Being a Mage on MMO-Champion is like being Jewish in 1939 Germany.
    LOL I laughed so hard

But would that make melee the Nazies and Ferals the SS?

Ps. I too voted mage. Good in PvE and askldjaskdha fucking annoying in PvP (Feral cat waves).

Mages, why? Not because they're OP or anything, but they just received a lot of attention. Buff this, then nerf that, then change this, etc etc. They've come to the point they're fairly balanced: Doing a reasonable amount of dps(altough I stopped using my mage as pve main because I hated fire, and arcane is boring as hell), as well as being competitive in PvP. But, they arent the strongest in both. Yeye I hear the whole forum screaming: Mages are imba they blow u up in liek 2seconds lulz. But once you've really played a pvp mage, you know that just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Somebody as silly as the ones saying Druids lol.
    We've seen some dev love, but thats because we were in a bad, bad place at the beginning of Cata. Things are feeling a little better now, but it was rough getting there, and we are still behind.
    They few changes they made to restoration druids in 4.1 were overall good I feel. The restoration tree definitely needed some attention.

I don't feel restoration druids have been favored the most in this expansion. Any of you gals/guys have some comparisons to refute this claim?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Oh, god, I'm so sorry. I forgot that all mages doing less DPS than any other class must be bad or gemming/enchanting wrong, and not because of a bug in our programming that has never actually been fixed, just covered up with a bit of a nerf, and still to this very day impacts mage DPS and rotation priority.
    You realize that you said epic geared mages are being out-DPSed by hunters in greens right? That would indeed be a player issue and not a class issue.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    I would say frost dk & mage is about the same in pvp ( at least for me as Disc priest) But I also play a mage and I do not think they are overpowered.. They are just annoying and there is nothing blizzard can do about that unless they want to redesign frost spec completely.

Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    Mages, why? Not because they're OP or anything, but they just received a lot of attention. Buff this, then nerf that, then change this, etc etc. They've come to the point they're fairly balanced: Doing a reasonable amount of dps(altough I stopped using my mage as pve main because I hated fire, and arcane is boring as hell), as well as being competitive in PvP. But, they arent the strongest in both. Yeye I hear the whole forum screaming: Mages are imba they blow u up in liek 2seconds lulz. But once you've really played a pvp mage, you know that just isn't true.
    But, but, arcanes not boring. It requires special skills and thought about when to push the button more or pop the recovery cooldown. YOU EVEN HAVE TO LOOK AT THE MANA BAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. How can it be boring?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    to everyone thats saying mage ,could you please explain other then just saying mage. i play a mage and my dps is on par with mm and surv hunters, unholy dk's and warriors if we all are around the same gear. look at the website state of dps and we are like 7 down on the list. so instead of saying mages are op could you explain what makes them op. cause i sure would like to get in on it.
    Hm.. duno one button arcane specc best DPS? Yesterday I plaed heroic with that mage he got 29k DPS, while I pulled 21k. He was only spamming arcane blast I'm MM hunter. Now calculate. My average ilvl is 361, his was 363. Not so much difference but big difference in DPS. One button roflstomp DPS in PvE and 4 buttons frost specc in PvP pwning almost everyone on 1v1. I lvled mage up to 85, then I bought crafted blue pvp gear and I was pwning ppl with shitty gear with around 400-500 resilence while others had 2k+.
    Mage is OP no matter what ppl say. Everyone who play mage will say they aren't but rest will mostly agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    Nah mages can't blow you up in 2 seconds, but they can make you unable to do anything for a few seconds while they eat you around 50+% HP. And after you can start doing something they have shield up and even if you destroy it, you get frozen again. And ofc more you attack, more you are slowed. So as MM hunter if I start on frost mage and he is busy or running away I mostly have chances to kill him, if he gets on me I'm usualy toast. They have too much slowing and escape mechanisms. That needs to be nerfed. Damage is pretty ok, maybe 5% nerf on some stuff but not too much.
    Arcane should be nerfed around 10-15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Hm.. duno one button arcane specc best DPS? Yesterday I plaed heroic with that mage he got 29k DPS, while I pulled 21k. He was only spamming arcane blast I'm MM hunter. Now calculate. My average ilvl is 361, his was 363. Not so much difference but big difference in DPS. One button roflstomp DPS in PvE and 4 buttons frost specc in PvP pwning almost everyone on 1v1. I lvled mage up to 85, then I bought crafted blue pvp gear and I was pwning ppl with shitty gear with around 400-500 resilence while others had 2k+.
    Mage is OP no matter what ppl say. Everyone who play mage will say they aren't but rest will mostly agree with me.
    It's not one button! It's only 1 button 90% of the time! There's like 3 whole OTHER BUTTONS we have to press to dps so STFU you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

(BTW: There's a difference between being a troll and being blatantly sarcastic, learn it well).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I mean seriously - did you honestly think Mage would be the overwhelmingly dominant answer.