View Poll Results: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Voters
1266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death Knight

106 8.37%
  • Druids

19 1.50%
  • Hunter

57 4.50%
  • Mage

896 70.77%
  • Paladin

37 2.92%
  • Priest

18 1.42%
  • Rogue

24 1.90%
  • Shaman

27 2.13%
  • Warlock

17 1.34%
  • Warrior

65 5.13%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    Mages, why? Not because they're OP or anything, but they just received a lot of attention. Buff this, then nerf that, then change this, etc etc. They've come to the point they're fairly balanced: Doing a reasonable amount of dps(altough I stopped using my mage as pve main because I hated fire, and arcane is boring as hell), as well as being competitive in PvP. But, they arent the strongest in both. Yeye I hear the whole forum screaming: Mages are imba they blow u up in liek 2seconds lulz. But once you've really played a pvp mage, you know that just isn't true.
    Nah mages can't blow you up in 2 seconds, but they can make you unable to do anything for a few seconds while they eat you around 50+% HP. And after you can start doing something they have shield up and even if you destroy it, you get frozen again. And ofc more you attack, more you are slowed. So as MM hunter if I start on frost mage and he is busy or running away I mostly have chances to kill him, if he gets on me I'm usualy toast. They have too much slowing and escape mechanisms. That needs to be nerfed. Damage is pretty ok, maybe 5% nerf on some stuff but not too much.
    Arcane should be nerfed around 10-15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Hm.. duno one button arcane specc best DPS? Yesterday I plaed heroic with that mage he got 29k DPS, while I pulled 21k. He was only spamming arcane blast I'm MM hunter. Now calculate. My average ilvl is 361, his was 363. Not so much difference but big difference in DPS. One button roflstomp DPS in PvE and 4 buttons frost specc in PvP pwning almost everyone on 1v1. I lvled mage up to 85, then I bought crafted blue pvp gear and I was pwning ppl with shitty gear with around 400-500 resilence while others had 2k+.
    Mage is OP no matter what ppl say. Everyone who play mage will say they aren't but rest will mostly agree with me.
    It's not one button! It's only 1 button 90% of the time! There's like 3 whole OTHER BUTTONS we have to press to dps so STFU you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

(BTW: There's a difference between being a troll and being blatantly sarcastic, learn it well).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I mean seriously - did you honestly think Mage would be the overwhelmingly dominant answer.

Mages, and mages, and oh wait more Mages.

I've seen maybe two minor nerfs that don't really affect anything. Then a billion buffs.
    v you dun got goofed bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broheals View Post
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I cut out bits from Hamlet and pasted them together in another book. I'm a better author than Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Coinbangles View Post
    Mages, and mages, and oh wait more Mages.

I've seen maybe two minor nerfs that don't really affect anything. Then a billion buffs.
    Those billion buffs were totally warrented! We spent years as a water boy, the fact we can now destroy everything by randomly mashing the same key is completely ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

To the 7 people who voted "Druid" in this poll;

Leave this game forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    To the 7 people who voted "Druid" in this poll;

Leave this game forever.
    Edit: I replied in the wrong thread:/

I totally agree with Fullblood. How can anyone vote Druids??
    Last edited by Danishpsycho; 2011-05-26 at 08:54 AM.

Not too sure between Shaman and Warlock. While both classes got some new tools (Spirit Link Totem, New Shard System etc..) I feel Blizzard really let the new shard system fall apart. There are very, very limited uses of it in pve. Sure the instant pet rez is nice but if Blizz put any effort into pet AI we wouldn't need it. As the Pyrelords on the PTR have proven a pet can be told by the AI that "hey I'm attacking a reflective shield. I should stop." Other than that the only other uses for soul burn are instant soulfires that only one spec uses and the occasional soul burned seed of corruption. This system really needs another look over.

I dont think blizzard is favoring any class, but I believe in pisspoor work. And the worst balancing job reward goes to mages

Fact of the matter is that my class isn't good enough and all the other classes are OP.

Its always ''the other class''. Nobody needs to explain anything just to say ''that class'' and feel they've done something against ''the people'' who are OP in your eyes.

All the words between the '' '' can be replaced by a random class. Good luck!

what do you think= its obvious.... mages.

yes i play a warrior wich always gets destroyed by a mage but come on.... just please open your EYES they got like endless cc.... just nerf them into the ground for once.

for the love of god nerf them HARD and BIG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Edit: I replied in the wrong thread:/

I totally agree with Fullblood. How can anyone vote Druids??
    I'm with you on this one. I play a restoration druid and don't feel Blizzard has given them any sort of special treatment this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaX6 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I play a restoration druid and don't feel Blizzard has given them any sort of special treatment this expansion.
    Feral Druid waves.......

Frost mages. Obviously.

What the hell guys? Mages where always the favorite class for Blizzard but in Cataclysm I believe the most favored class is Hunter.
    Take a look at the dmg meters and also in PVP. Hunters where the joke in PVP before cataclysm and now they are OP in many scenarios.
    Mages are where they where the whole time... always on top!

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Feral Druid waves.......
    I don't understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaX6 View Post
    I don't understand what you mean.
    I mean that Feral Druids needs some love in this Xpac. The loss of mobility, the lack of a finisher (Spamming Shred is fun), the hack to our end talent (Berserk) in PvP, the bad design of SD and up to 4.1 the shitty AoE after nerfing Swipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    What the hell guys? Mages where always the favorite class for Blizzard but in Cataclysm I believe the most favored class is Hunter.
    Take a look at the dmg meters and also in PVP. Hunters where the joke in PVP before cataclysm and now they are OP in many scenarios.
    Mages are where they where the whole time... always on top!
    yeah but the question isn't who's on top of the recount list. It's clear by reading patch notes mages and paladins get the most attention from the developer's sure in the case of paladins the attention hasn't been good for them but as far as mages go frost was tearing up pvp and what do they do last patch? they buff frosts damage so all three of there specs can be pve viable no other pure has three pve viable trees.
    “If you are taught bitterness and anger, then you will believe you are a victim. You will feel aggrieved and the twin brother of aggrievment is entitlement. So now you think you are owed something and you don’t have to work for it and now you’re on a really bad road to nowhere because there are people who will play to that sense of victimhood, aggrievement and entitlement, and you still won’t have a job.” - Condoleezza Rice

10 people voted warlocks LOL