15+ Year Old Account

Alch or Inscription for money earner?

I already have a max JC'er and Enchanter and make pretty good money on him, I'm lvl'ing a new toon and trying to decide between a alch or inscriptionist for my next profession for money making purposes. Which of these two makes more money? I know it probably depends on the server, but generally which ?
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

It depends on the server. On my server, most glyphs sell for ~100g or more, but you can expect to get undercut every few minutes. I haven't really done much with alchemy since all my toons are transmute spec, so I don't know how profitable potion/elixir could be.

The potential with inscription is definitely there, cinderbloom is only 20-30g per stack on most servers, not only does that mean that it costs you only 10g or so to make any glyph in the game, but the decks still sell pretty well if you are lucky or want to gamble.

If you constantly want to undercut the AH and repost 200+ different auctions every day (believe me, it's a pain in the ass) then get inscription. It has more potential than alchemy but requires a lot more work. If you go xmute spec with alchemy all you have to do is press 1 button every day and hope you get a proc. Xmute spec alchemy goes very well with JC, because you can get procs on the metas (and other blue quality gems if you'd like) and turn them into a very nice profit.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    since you have a jc'er id say go with alchemy they go together pretty well.

also maybe leveling a herb gather too. that way you can fuel your alchemy and inscription.
    i have a toon with mining and Jc maxed then i have a toon with alchemy and herbing maxed and anothe with tailoring and enchanting maxed. .. .. everything fuels everything else and make me loads of money. i rarely have to buy mats meaning my profit margin is a lot higher.

Deleted
    I make far more money right now with inscription, although at one point alchemy was far better on my server, so it really will vary for you. Check the prices of flasks, the prices of potions and the prices of true gold, use www.wowecon.com - if your server is low, and if the trend for your server is that the prices are falling, I'd go for inscription, glyphs seem to have held steady on my server over the last few months, but it is a lot of work/time relisting hundreds of items every day. Alchemy you can make one truegold with 2 minutes of your time and make a few hundred gold profit, inscription you may have to relist quite a few glyphs to make that, and you'll need an addon that undercuts/relists for you or you'll spend a lot of time on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tahnks for the reply's. Maybe I'll try an transmute spec. JC'ing makes me more money than I need so I was just looking for something else to do other than prospect 100 stacks of ore everyday lol.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    i got 2 chars with alchemy (non of them has transmute spec) and i sell 30 volatile air per day that i transmuted from volatile life.
    nets me a nice and constant 19g - 22g (depending on the time of the week) per volatile air each day
    so round about 4k gold per week.

i also have an inscription alt with almost every glyph and the prices per glyph fluctuate strongly