Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New demon soul animation

Logged on to the PTR just a few minutes ago and found my Demon Soul: Felhunter appear like this:

Felguard

Imp

Succubus

Voidwalker

A weird coloured egg does not look very nice =/

I hope it's just placeholder for some great change as I really dont want to be running around inside an eggshell.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-05-26 at 10:36 AM.

Jeez so much fuse about a statement, what i tried to say is there are probably more important things to deal with instead of altering something which was fine as it is.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2011-05-26 at 02:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice OP! I'm loving it now if they could fix soulfire to look like pyroblast whenever I go demo on my alt, that would be amazing as well :O
    Last edited by Resentful; 2011-05-26 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    should spend the time working on fixing some proper issues instead of dealing with cosmetic crap to be honest.
    There are different teams.

One balances PvP. One makes cosmetic spell changes. One does other stuff.

Your shiny new egg-shell isn't getting in the way of your bug fixes.

OT: It looks pretty bad. I mean if it was some kind of defensive CD like the Voidwalker's Sacrifice bubble, then yeah, that would make a little more sense. But I think Demon Soul should make you all fiery and green or something, not put you in a protective bubble.
    Last edited by Goldrinn; 2011-05-26 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

should spend the time working on fixing some proper issues instead of dealing with cosmetic crap to be honest.
    Misinterpreted his post.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-05-26 at 10:26 AM.

Yes I hear you! Those graphic artist better get their nose back in the code an fix these glaring issues!

Should we get the texture artist to do PR as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Very nice OP! I'm loving it now if they could fix soulfire to look like pyroblast whenever I go demo, that would be amazing as well :O
    I honestly dont like how it looks, the old one was pretty poor and bland but this is just. I dunno. After the great soul harvest change I was actually expecting something to be changed for Demon Soul. Just didnt expect an eggshell!

Deleted
    it looks interesting...but then again i haven't complained about the way it currently looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And here we go with the attitude. Yeah, i too wish the artists and animators would balance this game. I mean damn, that ring of frost animation is overpowered!
    Beat me to it.

Anyway, that egg looks horrible ;-; I like the graphic the way it is, tbh.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Updated OP with the other animations.

Deleted
    What's wrong with the current Demon Soul animation? I liked that one. :/

I wish demon soul would actual show what it does, combine you and your demon.

Half male orc half female succubus.... lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Ye my bad, didn't quite think about, but still there is no point changing something which is not broken the effect is fine as it is.

horrible and completely unnecessary change imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Cattola is my Succubus, you can't has :<

OT: Pretty, but not in keeping with the spell mechanic.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-05-26 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And here we go with the attitude. Yeah, i too wish the artists and animators would balance this game. I mean damn, that ring of frost animation is overpowered!
    Ahmahgawd, QFT. :P

OT: I kinda liked the old animations. It doesn't look like a dramatic change, but still.

Why do everyone think there is one guy doing everything? there is a difference between working with game balancing and doing artist work.

I don't know, I kinda like it.

I don't think I could get used to it during combat. Sticking out like a sore thumb too. Also the animation on a mount looks really silly.

I think it looks really cool, but maybe for a shield/barrier kind of spell, not DS. I think it looks awesome but it's not appropriate.