Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help me with my healing UI

I use default UI, i keep watching videos for progress and everyone's UI looks 1000x better and more practical than mine, am pretty sick of it.

Can you guys give me addon names, settings, whatever to fix my UI?

Deleted
    Honestly default is pretty fine, just move stuff around:

the first thing I would do would be resize your raid frames. make it 5*5 to support the groups, remove borders & use class colors this makes it easier to find the right target for certain gimmicks and also makes it look better (my opinion).
    next thing I would do would be to center your raidframes or move them a bit from the center to the right or left but closer to your action bars. (and move your player/target frames with you so you can see how much mana you have without going crazy.

If you want to toy with addons tho' I suggest:

Grid - raid frames
    Quartz or Gnosis - Castbars
    OmniCC for cooldown timers on abilities
    Bartender - action bars
    Power Auras, NeedtoKnow or Raven - for tracking basicly anything (buffs/debuffs/procs/trinkets etc)
    And also NugComboBar for easier holy power tracking
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2011-05-26 at 11:24 AM.

BLESSED the addon to watch beacon/and all paladin cd/buffs we have. (wowinterface/curse I can't remember witch) in addition to the above addons are good. Your raid frames should be towards the middle. Like right above ur current bars. Then put blessed/your holy power tracker right above it.

Edit; vuhdo/grid perfered. Must use mouse over macros or addon(clique) alot is to ur discretion. Smaller the UI the better you can see stuff, so try not to clutter your screen with clunky addons, if there big. Clunky addons resize. Them
    Last edited by lifteez; 2011-05-26 at 11:45 AM.

I use Shadowmage's UI for healing/tank/DPS

have all u need and looks good.

Can´t posts links, but serach for it, first hit on Google.

VuhDo! You must have VuhDo!

I've tried them all, and it is simply the best.

And I like WeakAuras for my timers/cast bar/what have you. Other use PowerAuras. Either works fine.

I prefer Skada to the Recount/Omen combo. 2 birds with one stone.

So far as combat goes, those are pretty much the only ones I bother with. The rest are things like Archy and GatherMate and yadda. I'm sure I have a few more that I am simply forgetting, but VuhDo and an aura mod should keep you busy long enough =P
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    VuhDo! You must have VuhDo!

I've tried them all, and it is simply the best.

And I like WeakAuras for my timers/cast bar/what have you. Other use PowerAuras. Either works fine.

I prefer Skada to the Recount/Omen combo. 2 birds with one stone.

So far as combat goes, those are pretty much the only ones I bother with. The rest are things like Archy and GatherMate and yadda. I'm sure I have a few more that I am simply forgetting, but VuhDo and an aura mod should keep you busy long enough =P
    Just because you use VuhDo doesn't mean it is the best one out there.
    I've used VuhDo for quite a while now I got grid and like it way more then VuhDo, It's just personal preference.
    If you want to see which suits you best you have to test them all out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaii View Post
    Just because you use VuhDo doesn't mean it is the best one out there.
    I've used VuhDo for quite a while now I got grid and like it way more then VuhDo, It's just personal preference.
    If you want to see which suits you best you have to test them all out there.
    I am doing that, and it is really tiring. u.u

Thanks everyone, i am testing, will post pictures with final results.

Deleted
    Pitbull is propably the most customizable but takes the most time setting up too.

Questions

1. how do i make my micro menu vertical?
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muMBe...layer_embedded
    He is in my guild but only log in for raids, so not enough patience to ask, anyway.

How to lower chat bar position? i unlocked it but it still doesnt get dragged.

3. What are the addon that keep showing the boss casts? ravens?
    Last edited by Lestrang; 2011-05-26 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    I use Chatter for chat box formatting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    Question, how do i make my micro menu vertical?
    Bartender
    ...is a short word

Deleted
    Question, how do i make my micro menu vertical?
    Bartender - you can move any default bar around, resize it and as you want to do make all of them vertical

I am using bartender and am at micro menu but i don't see anything that makes it resizable. >.< aaaghh i guess am blind.

Also any better looking recounts? recounts looks ugly XD
    Last edited by Lestrang; 2011-05-26 at 12:24 PM.

When it comes to Healing UI, it is whatever is optimal to you. I use VuhDo & TukUI. TukUI allows my entire UI to be compacted into a small part of the lower screen, nice and neat. VudDo can be made to take up minimal space, and is extremely flexible with modifications. Meaning I have loads of viewing room for watching what the numpties are standing in.

Deleted
    In bartender you have something called rows, take it to the other setting and it will go vertical

I am using bartender and am at micro menu but i don't see anything that makes it resizable. >.< aaaghh i guess am blind.

Bartender Options -> Micromenu -> Sizing -> Scale

Deleted
    One UI to rule them all: Tukui. It has all included

If I remember correctly, you can change its size my moving the "Scale" up and down.
    You could try Skada. It looks a lot better imo.

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 02:37 PM ----------

To make a good UI, first think about what you need to see. Personally, i feel like I don't need to see the spell icons, because I use coolline to track my cooldowns.
    After that, find a good placement for stuff that you need to see. For example, as a healer, I suggest positioning your raid frames in the middle of the screen. Also, place the player and target health/mana bar somewhere close.

Examples of handy add-ons:

Stuf (Unit frames)
    Grid (raid frames)
    Coolline/Fortexorcist (cooldown/ability tracker)
    Satrina buff frame (buff addon. gives you the opportunity to edit the looks of buffs/debuffs. making debuffs big makes them easier to spot)
    Power Auras (tracks...everything!)
    Bartender/Dominos (change the appearance of bars.)

k am done with most of it, now all is left is something to give me better awareness of the encounter, thanks for all the help so far!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they changed the normal UI in "Cataclysm", I have only used it when healing. My gameplay style for my spells is reliant on macros and keybinds more than anything, so it is not as necessary to have UI addons as it once was. However, some basic mods are needed, if there are certain stuff you need to keep a lookout on.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-05-26 at 04:50 PM.