The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

A story about an ancient city.

This was my entry in a best forum thread contest that my guild is currently having, wanted to share it with you guys :P.

A story about a city from ancient times.

Once upon a time, there was a city so ancient, that the rocks and stones it was made of spoke of legends, and its lone river flowing down it's heart, held secrets from time before time. the city held great scholars in all aspects of life, from astronomy to medecine and architecture, it's people were masters of all, that the entire world spoke of its greatness and it's wealth overshadowed the wealthiest of kingdoms. time went by and so did its luster, for seven thousand years the city stood strong against famine and invader alike, plague and disaster, nothing shook it from its ground, for the city was built on a bed of rock and not of sand.

it's monarchy prevailed through the ages, but one fatefull day the monarchy fell, dogs and cowards crawling from under the sewers, they called it a revolution but it was an infection, they stole its beauty and its glimmer. its rocks and stone, once spoke of legends, were stripped from their past and made into building blocks, its river that once held secrets worthy of being myths, tainted and tarnished by their filthy deeds, and to stop the city from ever rising up again, they killed and expelled all the scholars. and finally, they had what they wanted, the greatest city on earth without a patron to watch over, all theirs to rob and plunder. for 60 years they riegned supreme, every time the city tried to regain its former glory, they'd crush all hope just to take another thirty silvers. time and time again they'd crush the city's hopes. but no more.

"But no more" says the city, "i have had enough, i shall rise from the grave, for you have burried me alive you rats". and it started, they city went up in light, against all odds, nay, against all hope, the city rose to fight off the cowards and expell them from its' sacred lands, on the first month of the year, all the doors were open, all took to the streets, men and women, young and old, everyone had a part, some at the tip of the spear, and some holding the spear from breaking. everyone took part, for 18 days and nights like wich the world has never seen before the city stood its grounds, the people screamed and roared "We will not be silenced, whether you are Christian, whether you are Muslim, or whether you are an atheist. You will demand your god damn rights. And we will have our rights WE WILL NEVER BE SILENCED!" they fought against machine guns and tanks, and yet they prevailed, and after 18 days, the city was back, they city was back again to its people, once more on the path to restore its former glory. but 60 years is a long time to polute a river, and to destroy rocks and stone, it shall take time to heal, but it will heal, for it was built on a bed of rock, not of sand, it has survived for seven thousand years, and it shall survive another.

the end.

Deleted
    Atheists demanding God damned rights?

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome!
    Very nice read, thanks

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Atheists demanding God damned rights?
    i thought the first complaint would be calling me anti-semitic for not including jews :P...anyway, i made from my own background and i dont harbor hate to anyone, and that sentence was being said alot in the streets of that *city* so i couldnt change it

Deleted
    which city are you referring to?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    which city are you referring to?
    i started writing it with a *city* in mind, but as i kept going i realized that what i was writing didnt only apply to that *city* but rather to many other cities, kingdoms and even ideologies. so id rather keep it open.

Edit: but honestly, its quite obvious which city :P

Deleted
    You also said this city was from ancient times, yet mention machine guns and tanks.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You also said this city was from ancient times, yet mention machine guns and tanks.
    Well obviously his story could take place a billion years in the future, thus a modern machine-gun and a tank would seem ancient.
    Or it's all steampunk.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cairo? My only gues lol :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    have you noticed the whole *seven thousand years* thing ?

but as i said, its more of an ideology thing, if you look at it from a critic's point of view, ancient city means ancient sword and bow weaponry, yet they fought against tanks and machine guns, strengthening the fact that they were fighting against all odds and hope.