10H Magmaw trouble

Last night my group got him to 4% once, but most of the time was spent wiping. I can't think of anything we could improve upon with our strat and I was wondering if anyone can look at Logs and perhaps see something I dont that can be fixed or improved.

Group:

Druid tank on Mag
    Pally tank on constructs

Frost mage kiting parasites

Spriest
    Dps war
    Disc priest
    Holy pally
    All stacked in melee

Sv hunter
    MM hunter
    resto druid
    All outside in ranged

We tried tank swapping and we tried not swapping, either way was comparable damage.

Heres the log link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...ses&boss=41570

Deleted
    Having checked the DPS logs first of you're 4% attempt, your shadowpriest seems to be kinda low on damage, kick him/her in the crotch and make it rise. (Not the crotch, c'mon.)

Going onto healing logs, seems to be all good so I won't get onto that.

For the p2 transition, are you waiting at the 31% mark and pushing him over during an impale phase using BL/ Heroism/ Timewarp? If you're not, I'd suggest doing it. If you push him over 30% while he's impaled P2 wont start untill the impale phase ends, so the lower you get him, the shorter the time spent in p2 and less chance wiping.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it that you are wiping to? Overall damage taken there seems to be several people with a lot of damage from parasites and even from pillars of flame. You really need to be able to move and avoid those as there is plenty of other damage the healers have to worry about.

Why not have your tanks swap after mangle? Its certainly possible to do it the way you are doing it with each tank having a specific job but that does mean your Magmaw tank will take a lot more damage after the mangle because of the debuff. It spreads it out more evenly to have them swap, plus your pally could bubble it off.

Why have a Frost mage kite the parasites? A fire mage will do better AoE damage and the slow shouldn't be an issue with 2 hunters - between 2 hunters and a mage they should all pretty much be dead or close to it by the time entrapment runs out.

And as Rakama mentioned, definitely make sure that you are getting close to 30% and lusting in a head phase so that you spend the least amount of time in P2. Then just spread out in P2 and continue to do the fight normally.

@ rakama: Yes pushed head phase and heroism at roughly 31% or so i think it was

@ wilderness: some wipes were from tank deaths, other attempts the kiter would die, there didnt seem to be 1 specific mechanic that kept getting us killed. The mage had arcane and frost spec's that night, tonight he will have fire and frost and kite as fire. The mage said he didnt need or want the hunters slowing traps since they already move slow.
    I had the tanks try tank swapping and they really disliked it and preferred to not swap. They said the damage of constructs is almost comparable to that of magmaw. Do you think we should ahve druid on constructs and pally on mag so he can bubble?

Deleted
    If your tank/ kiter keeps dying, look towards the healers. If the healers aren't at fault, the tank/ kiter IS doing something that causes more damage taken.

Even though it adds up to being the same damage, swap tanks every mangle. Wich would you prefer dying? Add tank or Magmaw tank?

Hmm that is a good point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by irismoon View Post
    @ rakama: Yes pushed head phase and heroism at roughly 31% or so i think it was

@ wilderness: some wipes were from tank deaths, other attempts the kiter would die, there didnt seem to be 1 specific mechanic that kept getting us killed. The mage had arcane and frost spec's that night, tonight he will have fire and frost and kite as fire. The mage said he didnt need or want the hunters slowing traps since they already move slow.
    I had the tanks try tank swapping and they really disliked it and preferred to not swap. They said the damage of constructs is almost comparable to that of magmaw. Do you think we should ahve druid on constructs and pally on mag so he can bubble?
    Its much better to use a hunter trap, particularly if you are kiting as Fire because your own slow only lasts ... 4? ... seconds, with a 15 second CD on blastwave. And the benefit of a hunter trap is not as much the slow, its using entrapment which will stun the adds in place for I believe 4 seconds. When they are stunned it means that no one has to move away from them and you can all stand and nuke which equates to more damage down to them. With the AoE you should be able to put out with your group your mage then won't have to do that much kiting because they should be close to dying by the time the stun wears off. I don't know which hunter spec it is that can get entrapment but its a much better way to do it.