Arms/Disc trouble with double melee DPS

I play the arms warrior, had a couple of chain losses last week to an arms/frostDK that really killed our rating, and it's a bit of a pervasive problem. Rogue/mage goes all right, double caster teams go OK too, but double melee we really have trouble, with my priest dying once pain sup and DP are blown, even outside of an untrinketed strang or something.

Against this arms/frostDK team, I'd try and get in early with SR up and charging the warrior for some early damage trying to catch both with piercing howl. Once they've caught up to my priest I hamstring snare the DK, throwdown one of them to try and stagger the damage and disarm the DK. Once this was done, and I'd got off my last intervene, usually my priest wouldn't have made much ground on the two, and the next death grip/chains, it'd be all over.

Outside of the first 5 seconds, I'm not really trying to get any counterpressure going, would I be better off picking one target to unload throwdown/hamstring snare on and hope my priest survives against the DK, and try to get the warrior to put a shield on early? I was thinking at the time that once brostorm was down, my priest should be behind a pillar and out of charge range and I might be able to keep the warrior off him, but I could just get chained or snared with charge down and I'd be doing some hard work to get back.

Inb4 u suck, ur preist sux, get resil lol etc

Deleted
    Kill the warrior. Priest should handle dk some secs

the easiest way to play this is for you to blow all your offensive CDs on a single target, hope your priest survives 1v1 against whatever dps is loose and then stagger your defensive CDs to bridge your priest's CDs.

the problem, especially with frost dk / war is they have a large number of gap closers which your priest simply can't account for. if you both use your CDs in a smart and coordinated manner only when both dps have uptime on your priest, you may survive.

Its difficult to peel a warrior because charge will put him right back on the priest with the DK. I'd focusing on the DK which will snare him up and allow your priest to get some distance. He'd only have to take both of them on the DG, which you should save your throwdown/disarm for. If DK pops trinket, fear and if he pops lichborn call for a shackle and swap to relieve some pressure for a second, allowing the priest to reposition.
    Make sure priest pops sfiend early (80% mana, after War fear preferably, dispel hungering cold if DK pops) for the added pressure and you should be pretty well off.

Priest should ward himself early to counter a fear interupt during inner focus. Their CC is usually throwdown>Strangulate so a painsup on the tailend of throwdown can often destroy their momentum/strat
    Last edited by Jubite; 2011-05-26 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played your comp before but not at anything exciting but the general strat I tried to do was burn the warrior, priest should be able to handle a DK for a bit and if you can coordinate it, Throwdown - he trinks - priest fear - he BR - wait for berserker rage to wear off then you drop a fear and that'll take him out of the picture for a little bit.

I've never found on my warrior that going onto a DK is ever a good idea......like ever with their snares and stun(s?) and if they're not focusing on you and you're having free reign, try to align your recklessness with his recklessness CD and burst him (Obvious I know but I'm just saying)
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

Trying having your priest stay mounted for as long as humanly possible. Focus the Warrior as he has no where near the self heals that a DK has.

Go on the dk when he begins to drop have your disc psychic scream him and hope to force a trinket, if he does directly use intimidating shout, then chain disarm him and nuke his ghoul if he summons it (save your cds for killing him during this); and try to get a kill during this. Dont try to trinket the warriors intimidating shout, it will probably break anyways. Try to keep the warrior of your healer, via hamstring or your aoe slow (cannot remember the name of the ability). Use trinket for the dks hungering cold if he is on your healer, if their dps is split then dont bother trinketing, hungering cold breaks on damage.

He'd only have to take both of them on the DG, which you should save your throwdown/disarm for. If DK pops trinket, fear and if he pops lichborn call for a shackle
    Will do, thanks.

I've never found on my warrior that going onto a DK is ever a good idea......like ever with their snares
    Yeah I'm worried about getting caught in chains, I at least know I can always keep up with the warrior and force him to go defensive, no pet sac and he can't IBF my throwdown.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 02:17 PM ----------

Its difficult to peel a warrior because charge will put him right back on the priest with the DK.
    That's true, but ideally my priest would be out of LoS of this and I'd have charge up to catch right back up to him. Leap is an issue, but forcing a warrior to go defensive is more decisive than getting a pet sac or death strike out of the DK. I quite liked your other advice so I don't want to disregard this point, but I think I disagree.