Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[PVP] char with least keybinds

hiya guys i wonder if some1 can help me i recently came back to the game after long break and i want to lvl a new char from scratch to try get myself out of the clicking and keyboard turning habits ive bought myself a naga mouse to try help but i just want a char that doesnt have to many keybinds so if any1 can point in right direction of a class to play without loads binds thanks

Arcane mage, like what 7 buttons to press for pve? and THE easiest Rotation EVER.

I would say hands down a Frost DK. You only use a few buttons most of the time and you dont have a massive amount or or even a large amount of situational buttons. I think on my Frost DK I actually went through my spellbook 5 times because it didnt seem possible I couldnt even fill my action bars. I have gaps and holes everywhere which is nice when you want an easy spec that is also overly strong.

On my Hunter and priest I have combined quite a few situational buttons to make room because it was simply overwhelming. Ret also has a lot of situational and targeting macros needed. DKs do not offer much in the way of casting anything on others so you dont need to topple that hill. Being a DPS that has 99.90% sefl-only abilities makes the class easierto manage and play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Arcane mage, like what 7 buttons to press for pve? and THE easiest Rotation EVER.
    Let's see:

Arcane Blast
    Arcane Missiles
    Arcane Barage

Mirror Images
    Arcane Power
    The one that makes your next spell an instant cast
    Mana gem
    Evocation

That's 8. Not very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    An average Hunter will have 5-7 main keybinds. an exceptional hunter will have over 30.

Infact:

An average <class> will have 5-7 main keybinds. an exceptional <class> will have over 30

Hunter! jk just found out that I have to come up with 57 keybinds for my hunter alt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it not obvious that it's an Arcane Mage?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Hunter! jk just found out that I have to come up with 57 keybinds for my hunter alt...
    I trimmed my Hunter keybinds down to 51. I use macros that combine things. An example is a macro that uses Raptor strike, Aspect of the Fox and mend pet.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Is it not obvious that it's an Arcane Mage?
    You do realize this is the PvP forums, right? Arcane isnt a very strong PvP spec at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Let's see:

Arcane Blast
    Arcane Missiles
    Arcane Barage

Mirror Images
    Arcane Power
    The one that makes your next spell an instant cast
    Mana gem
    Evocation

That's 8. Not very much.
    ya my votes for arcane mage, even though it can seem pretty dumb, but its enjoyable to just press 1 button.

Deleted
    First thing which came to my head instantly after reading the topic. Arcane mage lol. AB spam, sometimes AM, evo and spam AB again. Damn, that's so lame. Don't play for em, you can do better. I'd suggest you a Moonkin, quite easy and has more keybinds than AB spammers. And gg for naga best damn thing I have ever bought!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    You do realize this is the PvP forums, right? Arcane isnt a very strong PvP spec at all.
    That doesn't mean it's not the simplest spec. People do still play it in battlegrounds for some reason I can't discern.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    An average Hunter will have 5-7 main keybinds. an exceptional hunter will have over 30.

Infact:

An average <class> will have 5-7 main keybinds. an exceptional <class> will have over 30
    This, pretty much. Rogues are 'easy' to "play", but there will always be the rogue (or add other class here) that will have other things bound that aren't obvious to increase dps, to help others, etc. To win a fight, dps usually has to do more than pew pew. I can't think of examples, but still. When I do BH, no other rogue usually knows what I mean by 'tricks swap', or doesn't want to because it 'wastes energy'. Me having +15% dmg (or whatever it is) for X seconds> you having 15 energy. Sorry.

On topic; I think I would say hunters are pretty simple, I started with one, been playing him for 7 years. It can be simple, or you can take it up a notch, have your aspects binded so as soon as you start walking, change to fox, use cobra shot, back to hawk when you're standing still, master's call if you need to get out of something, etc. But on a basic level, hunter's are "easy".
    *Hunters, don't take offense, I am one too. It's the truth.*

TL;DR:Any class can be easy, or taken to a new level to maximise/help out the group/raid more that a 'basic' [insert class] player doesn't do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

I have over 55 on my hunter. So scratch that.

I'd say your best bet is to try a mage.

I have about 40 on my shaman, maybe 35.

Typically, hybrids will have a lot.

Deleted
    About 50-60. got quite some Focus macros, mouseover macros, team mates macros, opposite team macros and cancelauras altho.
    Ret paladin. So not Rpala. i would go for Arcane mage if you want lesser buttons
    Last edited by mmoc0dc3e69fd0; 2011-05-27 at 04:25 AM.

Deleted
    i dont have any at all on my dk lol just doing fine lol

hunter:

Serpent sting
    steayd shot till aimed proc.
    and chimera shot whenever your serpent sting is about to fall off.

inbetween throw in readiness and quickness

5 buttons i use and i pull about 22k dps.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAI GUSY! PVP TRED HAR!

Anyways, as you will find out, PvP makes use of all the oddball abilities that PvE doesn't give a crap about. Arcane Mage still has slow, counterspell, frost nova, blink, poly and iceblock to consider off the top of my head.

Your average keybind pvper is going to have between 30-40 keybinds. Really good PvPers will have 50+

That is unless you're talking about someone like me that uses 23 keybinds and all of the keybinds are key modified macros.

At some point I'll buy a Naga and bring the number up to 40, but my G13 is good enough for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

NOT feral engineer.

I saw Neilyo's latest pvp Skillcapped video and damn near dislocated my jaw it dropped so hard, but I guess a bunch of the reason why he's got so much space left over is macros.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is one of the classes with the least binds. But highest skill cap. Less binds doesn't make a class easier.