Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    Infact:

An average <class> will have 5-7 main keybinds. an exceptional <class> will have over 30
    Not true. Try playing a disc priest, a holy paladin, a resto shaman (this not so much right now because due to their state you could probably click everything and win anyway), a warlock, etc with just 5-7 keybinds. You won't be able to, or you will, but you won't ever get above 1800 rating. Personally I have around 30-50 keybinds for every character I play, but healers take the cake by a longshot (only DPS that comes close is warlock, hence I mentioned them specifically).

As for the OP and if he's talking about arenas and PvP in general - Frost DK. Necrotic Strike, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Grip, Hungering Cold, chains of ice, death strike, IBF, AMS, PvP trinket (and possibly an on-use trinket or a racial), Lichborn, Deathcoil, Pillar of Frost, Dark Simulacrum, Pet summon + sac and... Yeah, that's pretty much it - 15~ keybinds and you should be good to go. There's obviously more shit you'll be keybinding as you get higher.

when you say arcane mage, i can really think of only 3 buttons one should ever use:

1)arcane blast.
    2)portal to Orgimmar
    3)create mage table.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis View Post
    In all honesty I think its DK, being a rog/mage/priest/dk/shaman all at 85 my dk has far less binds than the others
    DK's have quite a few keybinds but they are very, very forgiving as a pve class. Miss an attack, low apm? Don't worry, even full runes regenerate in the background. Can't move out of the fire? Anti-magic shield lol! Its pretty darn hard to be a terrible player as a dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    hunter:

Serpent sting
    steayd shot till aimed proc.
    and chimera shot whenever your serpent sting is about to fall off.

inbetween throw in readiness and quickness

5 buttons i use and i pull about 22k dps.
    If that's your rotation, you could pull a lot more DPS with your gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Did I miss hunger ing cold?
    Dark Simulacrum too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    Dark Simulacrum too.
    Whoa man. Don't just give away ALL the secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental shaman. Quote me if you find it hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I had like 40 keybinds on my elemental shaman during S8 so I'm guessing I'd have even more nowadays with all the new spells and shit. Hybrids always have tons of keybinds, as I've stated before (obviously you can argue that you only need like 5, chain lightning, lightning bolt, flame shock, lava burst and thunderstorm, for example, but that's a retarded argument).

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Really good PvPers will have 50+
    At some point I'll buy a Naga ...
    Sweet I pass.
    And Naga was the best gaming investment I've ever gotten. Works great for CSS as well ^.^
    OT: No PvP character is simple. You pick the playstyle you like, which means you understand it, which makes playing the character easier.

Deleted
    shadow priest

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Rogue is one of the classes with the least binds. But highest skill cap. Less binds doesn't make a class easier.
    I probably have like 45ish on my sub rogue. I only have arena target 1,2,3 binds for blind and shadowstep. I guess you could really go over the top and make arena target 1,2,3 for kick, gouge, shiv etc. but @focus binds seems enough for that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i probably have 61 and a half keybind on my warrior!111!1111!111oneone!1!1!!
    u se wat i did ther?

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage! It's overly easy and you can get away with having very few keybinds.
    1.blink
    2.frostbolt
    3.icelance
    4.pet nova
    5.nova
    6.sexy ice shield
    7.mana shield
    8.RoF
    9.Frostfirebolt
    10.counterspell
    11.polly
    12.Mirror
    13.deep freeze
    14.remove curse
    15.trinket
    16.racial
    17.icey veins
    18.arcane nova
    19.timewarp
    20.flame orbs

Then a few that you don't really have to have bound cause you'll know your gonna need them plenty before time to, but I'd still say bind them for convenience... invis, bandage, evocate, food (Summon/eat), and mana gems.

Now, I don't think I'm missing any, but mind you, haven't played my mage in around six months so I just might be.

With roughly 25 macros, a few more, a few less frost mages have a lot of great tools, great damage output and superb control. (My 55 hunter has more then that... and my lock runs with around 60)They are also by far the easiest to pick up and play, least frustrating and fun to boot.

I'd venture to say arcane would indeed have less binds, but frost tends to be more friendly and forgiving. Tbh, it's hard to mess up any mage spec.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Rogue is one of the classes with the least binds. But highest skill cap. Less binds doesn't make a class easier.
    I'm guessing you're a highly skilled ninja assassin and your mind and body are as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I use macros that combine things. An example is a macro that uses Raptor strike, Aspect of the Fox and mend pet
    You mean with modifiers cause then it's still the same amount of keybinds or do you only have 1 button for doing all of them at the same time so you can't do one without doing the other?

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    NOT feral engineer.

I saw Neilyo's latest pvp Skillcapped video and damn near dislocated my jaw it dropped so hard, but I guess a bunch of the reason why he's got so much space left over is macros.
    Rogues can get away with quite few binds tbh, my main toon is rogue and it's nice to not have every damn key bind to something.

Hunter or warlocks gotta have the most binds imo out of the dps specs, at least my lock and hunter got a shit load of stuff, espcially my warlock is a pain in the ass with the amount of abilties I feel I have to bind.

Not that keybinds is any indicator of how hard a class is though, just some classes got clunky mechanics.

ima a mage and have about 20-25 keybinds...only 9 are attacks though..i tend to not have just arcane spells because there are occasions in which i need a instant cast spell like ice lance, and flame orb for pve...for pvp same thing cause of BE's racial cept im frost than

A good player will have a high amount of binds no matter what. When you have 40+ binds, one or two less wont make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Elemental shaman. Quote me if you find it hard.
    No one pvps as ele anymore but yea prob has one of the lowest amount of key binds
    Hi Sephurik