Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Paragon, and many other guilds, did all normal raids pretty much in blues. So yes, if we get skill you can do exactly what you ask already.

Seriously? We downed Nef with a war tank wearing a 333 chest and trinket

lol OP is kinda ppl I really hate, who always QQ that "I cannot beat this encounter because my gears are simply not enough, Blizzard is not fair tbh!!!"

I started to tank BoT in 340 ilevel gears and now some dumb tanks with almost full 353 epic items said Halfus is kinda overtuned boss for tank...

it makes me sad, really...

Deleted
    Skill > Gear.
    The best guilds didn't down content in the first weeks in all 359s, gear is merely a help for that. It doesn't matter if you've got 100k or 130k HP, if you stand in the fire you're dead.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding isn't gear dependent, top guilds cleared everything in blues within the first few days of cata. You're wrong, next please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKongBong View Post
    I think everyone should be alowed to raid as soon as they hit 85. Skill should be always more important then gear. Blizzard should make class rotations much harder and enjoyable.

Gear should boost your character a bit, but it should not be huge difference.

Raiding should be about killing stuff and bosses, not about collectin clothes for your character.
    You are, your free to walk in and get smashed. Gather 9 friends and enjoy raiding bro!

Raids can be cleared in 346 gear, the question is just, are you that good?

Deleted
    How can you people say they're not gear dependant? lol. If a few of the better guilds can do them in crap gear, it doesnt mean other raiders can.

For most people raids damn sure are gear dependant.

Deleted
    Hang on now yo, so the fact that Blizzard is already handing out most of the gear without all too much effort still isn't enough?
    Thing is, obviously raiding is more about skill then gear. But better gear with higher stats means more damage output. And bosses are mostly scaled towards the level of gear available.

I agree with the OP in a way. Showing proper skill would be quite interesting, but what about character customisation? I am not talking about looks, but stats. It is not really like D&D or anything. Stats and Talents could be good enough, then one would need to gather enough equipment to get the job done.

However, that is not how MMOs work. Improving gear is definitely part of what makes you strong and goals to do newer and harder encounters whenever possible. It does not have the story of a single player game, it is endless until the game dies and servers are closed, so you need goals to keep playing. Acquiring gear is very appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    How can you people say they're not gear dependant? lol. If a few of the better guilds can do them in crap gear, it doesnt mean other raiders can.

Someone doesn't get the point, if those 'better guilds' can do them without the gear, whats stopping anyone else? Nothing, therefore the encounters arn't gear dependant, the gear just makes it easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post

Well, if it's possible, it's possible.

I mean some people are realy good at something, some people get by, and some people don't.

I'm not saying i can clear raids in that gear, but then again i'm not anywhere near their level.

Deleted
    It's possible for the better raid groups, not for casuals. Ofcourse in theory a casual raid group could get the skills and coordination needed for raiding in worse gear, but they almost never do. That's why it's impossible for them to finish the raids in worse gear, thus making raids very much gear dependant.
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-05-27 at 08:25 AM.

If anyone can honestly tell me, that so far they have been in a raid and :

::They have executed the fight perfectly
    ::They have not missed a single interupt / tank CD
    ::All dps do their max possible DPS / healers max healing etc

AND they have still wiped due to not having enough gear, then you can say its gear dependant.

Deleted
    looks like someone is to lazy to gear up.

no offense but i dislike ppl like you. your like "blizz should send ma a mail with BiS epic items cuz i managed to lvl my char to 85"

if raiding would be less gear dependant what is the point of 5man dungeons then?

This hurts my head... this is how the game is already! lol

Gear is important, but normal modes certainly aren't so difficult you need everyone decked in epics to clear them. As some have already said, top guilds were working on Heroics before being decked out in purps. As for the average person being able to raid the very second they hit 85, well that's not how the game is designed. Blizzard wants you to run some dungeons that require a bit of teamwork. Last thing I want is step in a raid with someone who can't even handle dungeons. It gives you a chance to actually work on a DPS rotation, test tank cooldowns, and work on healing priority... all things that you don't really do while just leveling or even running dungeons while leveling due to some class rotations changing at 85 with new abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Does not compute. Sure, some people like complex rotations, but I saw a lot of whining from kitty druids in Wrath over how terribly hard their rotation was and how if they made one mistake everything was screwed. Making the rotations harder opens for more mistakess, making it less enjoyable.
    For me, feral DPS in cata isnt half as fun as it was in wrath; in wrath you had the most unforgiving rotation in game, but if you managed to pull it off you did loads of DPS; putting a lot of effort into your "rotation" gave you a lot of reward, thats what made it fun. It was one of the few specs that (imho) scaled properly with effort/gain

it seems to me that your just qqing as you want the purples from boss's that you cant down due to lack of skill. If you were skilled youd be in heroic content by now. we cleared 12/12 in the first month in subpar gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKongBong View Post
    I think everyone should be alowed to raid as soon as they hit 85.
    You can already *frowns* makes your whole post invalid pretty much.
    As others have been saying, there's plenty of examples of people defeating bosses who just got to max level.

Almost all of Tier 11 requires skill over gear. Very few bosses require you to be well geared to do it in Normal Mode.

Deleted
    gear = sets the maximum possible throughput for whatever your role is, i.e your gear says how much dps you can do, how much hps you can do, or how much threat and damage mitigation you can do. it doesn't matter if you got all heroic gear or all normal dungeon gear, the gear you wear defines how high your throughput can be, period.

that being said; you can maximise your throughput at any given gear level while others do not maximise their throughput and are brought up on an acceptable level through gear alone. this is why a skilled dps can do the same amount of dps in bad gear as a non-skilled dps can in good gear, but not vice versa.

the whole idea of the raiding system is to get better gear tho. gear is the reward for raiding, end of really.